5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit
Item arrived very quickly. Really it does what it says on the tin, it fits well into the charging point and stays there. I can run the satnav and charge the phone at the same time.
Published on 20 Aug. 2011 by Mr. G. Cummins

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast Charging port is NOT fast
This device has two USB ports, one port is 1.2A and follows the official "USB Battery Charging Spec". This port can be used for quickly charging most Android phones, or other devices compatible with the official spec.
Published on 18 April 2012 by Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast Charging port is NOT fast, 18 April 2012
This review is from: TomTom Universal High-Speed Multi-Charger (iPod, iPhone, Smartphones) (Accessory)
The second port, marked "Fast Charging" however uses the incompatible proprietary Apple charging method. If you connect a non-apple device to this port, it will only draw 0.5A at most, which is not enough for most devices to charge and be used at the same time.

This is very confusing as the TomTom description implies that this port will work with any high power USB device, which simply is not true.

Just wanted to add 2 comments,
1) You can trick a compliant device into drawing more then 0.5A on the "Fast Charging" port by using a special "charging-only" USB cable or adapter. So NOT a regular USB data cable! Such a charging-only cable has the 2 data pins (D- and D+) crossed which will cause the device to draw more power.

2) I just got a new car, a 2012 BMW 3-series (F30) and the charger will not fit with USB cables attached in the centre console.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 20 Aug. 2011
Mr. G. Cummins (UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 29 May 2014
Slightly disappointed as stated hard case but in fact it was a soft case. Kept it as needed to use satnav straight away

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good multi-port charger for the car, 28 Sept. 2013
Fast charge is great for the car and with pass-through you don't lose a socket. All this and you TomTom is powered too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast, 27 Sept. 2013
Brought to use for holiday , Greeat that it has a super fast USB connection to give a faster charge , highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Well needed accessory, 5 Aug. 2013
This should have been provided with the unit, it is a good case though and I had to have it as my TomTom would quickly get scratched without it. Ideal for carrying my TomTom about in and sticking out of the way in the glove box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Charger, 19 Jun. 2011
Does what it says - charges stuff fast, probably knocks about 30 mins off the charging time of my iPhone when in the car.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short plug and bulky head, 26 Oct. 2014
It works fine but doesn't fit my car. The plug is kind of short and head is very bulky, therefore it couldn't be fit in my cigarette socket which besides the cigarette bin. However, it works great on my friends car which has a wider space.

I would suggest you to check your car's cigarette socket, if it is in a even surface and has no obstacles around, this product could be great, but if it is deep underneath surface, or have knobs/buttons etc around, think again if this one will fit. The plug is just long enough to be plugged in, does not have extra length for a deep socket.

Anyway, this is the only product I can find that gives two USB socket also with another cigarette socket - which if you use with another 2 USB charger, you can get totally 4 USB outputs (which is the reason I bought it)

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product that's stood the test of time, 17 May 2013
I've had a few of these sorts of chargers over the years, but usually only buy pretty cheap ones that often overheated and broke a few weeks or months later. I paid a little more for this TomTom model and not only has it lasted well, it has some useful features. I particularly like the fast charge socket, which charges up my phone quite quickly, faster than the trickle charge you seem to get from the other sockets and conventional chargers.
If I had to pick a very niche drawback it's that when I'm using my iPhone with an FM transmitter, I seem to get a lot more interference when the phone is charging off the quick charge socket than when I plug it into the other USB port. Not a huge deal, just an oddity that I've recently noticed. I still recommend the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars TomTom's anorexic sat-nav case..., 18 Aug. 2013
DARKcell - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
None of the new GO range sat-navs come with a case. I have purchased this case for use with the new GO 6000. I'm not massively impressed. It's a tight fit, I mean very tight. Once open you can hold it upside down and the sat-nav won't budge. This might be a plus for some, but for me it's already a pain to put in and out, something that will surely push the security-stupid to leave it on show. The case will provide protection from scratches, very minor spills and being bumped around in the glove box. I would NOT want to drop it from normal holding height, even onto carpet. The interior of the case is designed in such a way that forces me to put the sat-nav in backwards, avoiding the risk of the ridiculously placed positioning material scratching the screen (not the touch screen part, but still the glass surrounding it). Clearly designed late on a Friday afternoon! My leather case for my old 5 inch sat-nav was a lot better in my opinion, if they ever sell one for my new 6 incher, I'll definitely get one. TomTom also do a much larger case suitable for holding a 6" sat-nav along with multiple accessories. Whilst I'm sure this is great, I would prefer a case that can simply better protect the sat-nav alone.

In conclusion; I'm disappointed that TomTom are happy to release a sat-nav costing us £300 to own, and then fail in providing a case suitable for protection of said device. It's almost as if they want us to break it, thereby securing yet another possible purchase of a TomTom product...

OVERVIEW
----------------------------------------------
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Maybe, after explaining its shortcomings
If lost/damaged would I repurchase product? Probably not; I would lean toward the larger case

PROS:
+ Since my purchase, Amazon have lowered the price by seven quid

CONS:
- Only offers very minor protection
- Even with the reduced price, I'd still class it as very slightly over-priced
- Stupidly placed inner material that risks scratching front glass

NB:
- Given another go around, I'd definitely be tempted by the larger case that stores accessories as well.