on 26 November 2012
This is the best portable you'll find ANYWHERE!The sound is amazing.It's really loud and the bass is incredible.(I hope your neighbours are understanding)This is the second one i've purchased.I bought a green coloured one about ten years ago.The iPod compartment is neat, as it replaces the cassette compartment that was on the previous model.If you haven't got an ipod dont worry because it plays cds as well. If you buy this,you will not be disapointed.I would highly recommend this..Boombox Boombox so good i bought it twice!
on 3 March 2012
A good machine on the whole although it distorts a little at high volume,it does pack a punch though.I teach drums and it does give me a very good level to match the louder pupils...
on 15 January 2012
The unit was purchased for our daughter to use for teaching dance, so the following is what we have found.
This box has everything for portable use, the audio in is an excellent idea which means one can plug almost any sound source in such as a mp3 player etc, the usb is also a great usable source. If JVC had not come up with this aux it just would not have served its purpose.
Sound is great. My son likes it so much he is considering purchasing the same.

27 May 2013.. UPDATE;
This has been a trully amazing peice of kit, its ease to use is just great,10 out of 10, if you purchase this item you will not be disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 9 February 2014
Just to qualify I have the first generation of this, I bought it 17 years ago! My version only has a very old Skool tape (!) and CD player but essentially it's the same piece of kit without all the modern bells and whistles. It's probably the best thing I have ever bought. The sound is absolutely staggering in terms of wallop. It fills rooms it has no right to. The design is a bit dated compared to things like the TDK version but I can tell you that this has taken so much abuse over the years and it's never let me down; it's been dropped, left outside, gotten wet, been loaded into vans...everything...but it's still going...it's like a sound bazooka!!!!
on 18 February 2013
As a fitness instructor i was looking for something to run my classes with. My friend and place of employment already use this brand but the older version and have no problems with it, hence my reason for purchasing it.

i have had no issues currently and it's a good working bass machine. will also be great for house parties ;)

i especially chose this model due to the mic/guitar line in as will probably purchase a wireless mic system soon.

easy set up (nothing to do), easy functions; just plug in and go. i am not sure about the battery life as i just use the mains.

charges your ipod whilst playing/or not.

includes carry handle strap (shoulder) and you can carry it on its side.

Who needs to be faffing around with different options/set ups.
on 25 October 2011
Got this thing mainly for taking camping,whether with wife and kids or festivals(small ones not the likes of t in the park for fear of it getting nicked).It might seem a bit excessive but sometimes our group of friends have parties in rural spots so its good to have the firepower when called upon and this thing has plenty,good solid bass and all round sound even at half volume.
My only concern before I bought was how quick scrolling through 40 gig worth of ipod menu would be with it being behind a door but the remote does a good job,not as quick as the pod wheel itself but if I need to get from one end of the menu to the other fast I can always open the door while playing and work the wheel.
The good thing with this model is the audio in line to allow connectivity for allsorts such as a tv or non ipod mp3s. The usb and guitar input I prob wont use but is always there as an option.The 4 preset sound modes and bass level control are all thats needed for an outdoor stereo although some would disagree.
Havent yet tested battery life but going by other reviews they last ages.Only cons I can think of would be to have MW radio as well as FM and also the system only charges the ipod when its on mains power(might not be possible on batteries)
All in all a good buy.
on 29 November 2012
I'm pleased with the product but dissappointed about product specifications. For example, what are the dimensions and how Watts rms is the 50B 70B 90BB. Because I want something a bit more bassey. It does distort at high volumes with larger base. Price wise, I would have set at 150.
on 13 December 2013
The sound quality for this boom box is amazing. I can't put the volume up too much or the bass because it's brilliant and loud which I love but don't think my neighbours would. I totally recommend this item and I am very happy I purchased it.
on 1 October 2012
Loud and Clear sound. great that it takes so many inputs. Need to test it in comparison to others like it but gets an atmosphere
on 17 January 2014
I am a dance teacher and travel around to different locations. This stereo is brilliant, although a little heavy it is easy to sling over your shoulder and carry from car to class. It has a very good sound level suitable for large school halls and community centres with the flexibility of Ipod dock and CD. A good buy.