4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but pricey and flawed
This cover provides the best fit for a Kindle I've come across. The Kindle Touch slots into a rubberised tray at the back of the case and connects via two small square metal sections on the device back. The fit for this section is like a glove and the protection afforded, excellent. The microfibre lining is appropriately soft and doesn't bobble, but it does get quite...
Published on 21 April 2012 by Seren Ade

2.0 out of 5 stars Listen to Customers!!
Have to concur with other reviewers of both the standard and lighted leather covers. The original case for the keyboard kindle was excellent (although massively overpriced). I had the lighted version and the only downside I found was that the light was in the corner of the case and regardless of what was said in the advertising 'blurb' the lighting was NOT even and was...
Published on 23 April 2012 by Nick Blake

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but expensive, 9 July 2012
A. Howe (London, England) - See all my reviews
This case is deceptively heavy - even when compared with the soft leather cover I had before. This seems to be due in part to the rubber used in its construction which not only holds the Kindle in place but also protects it in transit.

As has been noted in other reviews there is no clasp mechanism on this case - a simple magnet would have done - which is a minor annoyance but if like me you keep your reader in your bag, it's not a big issue.

However I do have concerns, as others have, that the case may be bent easily if not held correctly - I hold my Kindle in one hand with my thumb on the side and little finger beneath - and many times I had to correct my holding position for fear of bending. I haven't tested the malleability of the cover but I suspect it to be cardboard lined, so bending would be ill advised.

The light is simple and effective, though as has been said does not fully cover the screen. In a later revision I would expect to see a light on a scissor mechanism with two LEDs to provide better coverage.

All said and done however this case does remove the need to travel with a clip-on book light (easily lost) and extra batteries which for me is important when reading on planes; I simply do not want to faff with AAA batteries conking out mid-way through a ten hour journey.

The case itself is smooth and professional looking, though easily marked, and does enhance the reader even with the additional weight. I would recommend for travellers but not for heavy daytime users. At 39.99 it was at the very end of what I would be willing to pay.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Touch Lighted Leather Cover, Saddle Tan (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite) (Accessory)
Whilst this case was very good, fitted the kindle perfectly and had the addition of its own light, I found it made the kindle too heavy for comfortable reading

2.0 out of 5 stars plastic yuk, 8 Jun 2012
For the life of me I can't see any value for money in this item. Compared to the lovely leather one I bought for my first kindle, this pales in comparison. The light is glaringly bright - the light on the original kindle cover had a sort of shade over it and was much easier on the eye. Down with progress and modernity - Kindle Cover Designers : Go back to the drawing board! And what a putridly dull shade of green. All in all very disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty, but a;so pretty useless., 25 Jun 2012
I really liked this product but I wanted it to both provide a light and protect my Kindle. Quality of leather and light was excellent. Light itself was fine, but there was no closure on the cover so it would not stay shut in my bag. My Kindle is a touch screen one and whenever I put my hand inside my bag I was touching the screen. Also stuff in my bag was getting inside the cover and next to the screen and I was worried it would be scratched. If you are just keeping a Kindle on a desk at home this is a very good buy, but if you want it to protect your Kindle-It doesn't. I've returned it as not suitable for what I need.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but ...., 23 Sep 2012
I've had this lighted cover (and my Kindle) for less than a week.
Thought it would be a great buy (although a bit expensive) as I like to read in bed and my husband hates my bedside light being on.
Fine followed the instructions to fit in the case and it fits really snugly. The light works well for me - so far so good.
However try removing the Kindle from the case following Amazon's instructions; "pull down corner to remove" - the corner indicated is the bottom right. The problem is because of the hard back of this case the corner does not bend back as illustrated. Result the rubber seal on the bottom right has already started to spilt and this is after less than a week. I've fitted and removed the Kindle twice - not acceptable wear and tear in my opinion!!
The other downside to this case is there is no strap to secure the cover closed, OK one can get around this with an elastic band but...
At 49.99 I feel that this is just not up to Amazon's usual high standards.
I will investigate to see if I can return it and obtain a better product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great item, poor quality, 30 Aug 2012
I got this item along with my kindle touch in America while on holiday, the cover was $40 dollars from a large electrical store so why is Amazon UK charging such a ridiculous price.

The quality of the leather is poor and scratches very easily but I love the functionality of the cover as it does what it says on the tin. The light is fantastic, means I can read at night and not disturb my husband with the bedside light on!

Overall a functional item but not worth 50.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 10 Aug 2012
This product is absolute rubbish. It certainly is not worth 49.99, whereas the kindle keyboard cover was.
This does not ooze any quality or style and does not feel like quality leather, the complete opposite to its predecessor.
I chose the olive green and it was not a very nice colour either.
Amazon need to take note of these reviews.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been excellent but is not., 11 July 2012
JMS (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This Kindle Touch lighted cover could have been excellent but at 46% of the cost of the actual Kindle Touch you really should be getting a much higher quality product.

1. The Kindle fits perfectly inside the protective inner rubber casing, holding it snugly with no danger of it falling out. Good.

2. The light stays firmly down until deliberately opened, and closes firmly. It does not open by accident or when held upside down. The light is powered by the Kindle which is an excellent idea. Good.

3. The leather outside covering is very thin and surprisingly low quality for such an expensive product, it scratches easily. The front cover is attached to what appears to be a firm piece of thick card, giving it a rather tacky feel. Very Bad.

4. When reading by the integrated light in an otherwise dark room the display area is well lit. Good.

5. The light itself gives off a glare which is annoying and results in my changing the angle which I hold the Kindle at to minimize the glare, rather than holding it at the angle which I would find most comfortable. Bad.

6. The rear speakers are completely enclosed by the cover. You can however still hear audio but not nearly as well. I have a high quality case for my iPhone which has an open section on the back for the camera, why didn't Amazon do this for their cover? Cutting costs I would think. Bad.

All said I would say that Amazon nearly had a top quality product with this, but instead produced something that could have been so much better by not paying enough attention to the details and no doubt being driven by cutting costs to maximize their profits (rather than making it cheaper). I didn't however return it (although I did think about doing that), the integrated light is convenient for me, and the Kindle is very well protected, I just wish Amazon had made it better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, 24 May 2012
Kindle fits well and the case is nice & solid. The light is great for night reading. My main problem is there is no way of securing the case shut. A strip of elastic to keep it closed would be great. Several times I have had the kindle in my handbag and the case has come open.
Good case but could be better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the same quality as the kindle keyboard lighted cover, 22 Jun 2012
This is the only lighted leather kindle touch cover where the light is powered from the kindle battery so there is no choice if that is what you want. It does what it says but the look and feel of the leather is poor and it is not nearly as nice as the kindle keyboard lighted cover. Hopefully Amazon will take on board comments and improve quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›