on 17 June 2012
The kindle leather cover lived up to my expectations, as I don't like shopping online cause I like to see and touch before actually buying. I was very pleased when my cover arrived. The kindle just slots into the cover, so no straps etc. The leather is of a high quality. The colour is also very nice. The inside of the top cover is a nice brush fabric. I've been using it for about 2 months and its in the same new condition. Very pleased.
Not many covers for electronic gadgets described as being made from leather on sale on the internet really are, but I’m pretty sure that this one is. It feels good to touch, and the velour interior protects the screen well.

The last cover I had, for my previous Kindle, had an LED light to illuminate the screen, and I did find that handy from time to time, but it did make the thing a lot bulkier. It also broke, after a while (the clip, not the light) and that led to the kindle being upgrade in the first place – I discovered that the screens are incredibly fragile. Can’t praise the people at Amazon enough though – they honoured the warranty without quibble, and even gave me a refund o the broken cover which I sent back with the kindle itself.

The cover grips the kindle really well – no chance of it falling out by accident, and while I was a little concerned that there was no elastic to secure the cover closed, like the previous cover had, in practice this has not been any more of a problem than the absence of such a closure is for the typical book.

Well made, quality feel, worth the investment.
on 29 May 2012
Fantastic really lightweight and my kindle fits perfect and is well protected although expensive worth every penny a must accessory for every kindle
on 8 May 2012
After my Kindle Touch landed on my doorstep today, I immediately realised that a cover would probably be a good thing to help protect the screen from unwanted dings and scratches. Nipping out to a well-known retailer who also holds Kindles and accessories I flicked through their options and was drawn to this one for a simple reason - it doesn't have any of those horrible bits of elastic in the corner to hold the Kindle in place. Instead it's a very snug rubber gasket which keeps the Kindle Touch tightly in its spot, even after I tried shaking it about. It's also resistent to accidental removal, taking quite a bit of force and intent to dislodge your Kindle. The cover feels well made with good quality stitching and clean finishing, and the interior lining is soft enough to protect the screen without being overly 'fuzzy'.

The case does add a small amount of weight, but is a lot more form-fitting than many I've seen. There is also a lack of a fastening device for the cover - whilst it is easy to flip open to read with it may prove a tiny bit too easy for those who are in the habit of carrying their Kindle in a busy bag. The leather itself is untextured and wraps completely around the cover when it's closed which reduces the grip, but when the cover is open your fingers can get a firm purchase on the interior lining.

The major downside to the cover is the price, which I think is just a fraction on the excessive side. I can't fault the quality of the cover, but think it could have been produced and sold at less of a premium, and I suspect several case manufacturers will be lining up with almost identical offerings just without the word "Kindle" embossed on them.
on 23 May 2012
Very happy with my cover. It fits very snuggly in the casing and not one piece of elastic in sight. The leather feels smooth and seems well made (only had it a month, nothing has come apart and no scratches so far). Good colour, not too heavy, feels like part of the device. Would be an even happier bunny if its a bit cheaper.
on 2 October 2012
I decided if I was going to buy a protective cover for my Kindle Touch, it might as well be an official one rather than something cheap looking and flimsy that would probably fall to pieces in a matter of weeks. I was so glad I went with my instincts and let common sense prevail. The Kindle Touch fits snugly into this case and the front cover rests flat against the body of the case, making the whole thing look superb. My biggest worry was that the front cover would have a tendency to spring open and need something heavy (like a paperback novel) to keep it closed. Thankfully, my fears were unfounded, the makers of this cover have clearly thought of everything. If you've recently bought a Kindle Touch or are planning on buying one, I would definitely recommend buying this Leather Cover too.
on 27 June 2012
I really like the feel of this cover - sturdy but not bulky. It was easy to fit, the flap over the screen doesn't fasten but this has never caused a problem and the very small increase in weight isn't an issue.

Buy one and keep your Kindle safe!
on 8 July 2012
Yes, it's expensive. I bought a cheaper one first. It didn't quite fit and the elastic around the corners felt cheap. I gritted my teeth, sent the original one back and paid for the real thing. Real, understated class; slender and neat. I love it!
This leather cover is excellent value for money - similar products that I have purchased for my tablet from a very popular computer company have cost me about three times as much.

The Kindle Touch is easily snapped into the moulded plastic backing which, together with the genuine leather front cover, combine to give an ultra thin protective case which is both stylish and practical.

The microfiber backing of the leather cover is another nice touch which is enhanced by the Kindle name being embossed upon it.

This cover performs its function of protecting the Kindle Touch without noticeably adding to either its weight or its size whilst making it look very stylish and all for under a tenner! I would thoroughly recommend this Kindle accessory.
on 5 October 2012
The Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Cover fits like a glove. The base clips over the edges of the Kindle very neatly and securely, making it difficult to see it isn't the original Kindle shell. The protective flap, folding over the screen, is light and stiff, protecting the screen from almost every danger. When using the Kindle, the flap hinges back, completely out of sight. That's what it does - protects. It has a well designed cut-out to allow all buttons and plugs to be used without removing the cover - ever. Should it ever wear out, it is simple and not too expensive to replace. Perhaps it would be improved with a light clip to secure the flap over the screen when closed.