5.0 out of 5 stars wow !!!
The chances are, if you are reading this review you are already a fan of Booker T & MG's and possibly already own a copy of this album and trying to decide if it worth buying this "HD" copy. I have quite a few "remixed" cd's in my collection and this is the best I have heard. Very clean with nice bass definition.
I would say that the extra tracks are not as good as...
Published on 24 Jun 2011 by K. D. Serle

3.0 out of 5 stars Wife: what the .... is this?
Published on 10 May 2012 by A. Boers

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for father, 17 Jan 2013
S. P. Ryall "Midfield dynamo" (Blaaaaandford Forum, Daaaarzet, En--ger--laaaand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McLemore Avenue [Stax Remasters] (Audio CD)
Father loved it and so do I. The intricate arrangements and excellent playing make these covers a very worthwhile listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars are not enough for this CD, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: McLemore Avenue [Stax Remasters] (Audio CD)
The best instrumental version of Abbey Road ever. This album was originally released in 1970 and remains one of my favourite albums of all time. I have owned the original vinyl and the original CD version of this album but now I own this version and it's so much better digitally re-mastered and with the extra bonus tracks too which the original album didn't include.

The sound quality is so much better than before and now sounds like a brand new album. You'd never believe this was a 42 year old recording.

Well worth the money and the presentation is superb

Everyone has heard Abbey Road but to those who haven't heard a Stax take on it, try this and you'll love it. From the Hammond B3 organ to the fabulous drum fills and the chugging bass lines, this is the ultimate version of Abbey Road like you've never heard before.

It's an album that's very close to my heart as it was my late father that introduced me to it.

If Amazon allowed ten stars, it still wouldn't be enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of both bands, 25 Sep 2004
By A Customer
If this had come out later than the awful Stars on 45 then it might have been laughable. But with great musicianship and genuine love/appreciation of the original it manages to pull off taking the 'long medley' concept further although I'm not sure about the re-ordering of the track listing. All four members of the band are naturally wonderful, although Steve Cropper perhaps shines a littler brighter, and the fact that he'd never heard the original until after the recording was made is amazing. Perhaps only for Beatles or Booker T completists, but a treat for those of us who love them both!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: McLemore Avenue [Stax Remasters] (Audio CD)
One of their best excellently served up in top notch sound

3.0 out of 5 stars Wife: what the .... is this?, 10 May 2012
A. Boers "stoneswhokinkswinwood" (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McLemore Avenue [Stax Remasters] (Audio CD)
Had this weird old double LP (released perhaps only in Holland, Pop History no. 8 Booker T. & the MG's or something like that) that had some Beatles tunes on them. I just thought I want that on cd. Those songs are all on this and still are great. Never heard the other Beatles songs they covered, but somehow I like em. My wife, who never heard any of this back in the day, does not like this at all. So listen carefully before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars As cool as Abbey Road, but strictly hammond, 22 Feb 2001
By A Customer
Never done a review before, but this album is basically a tribute/cover version of the Beatles album "Abbey Road". The big difference is that the lyrics are replaced by Booker T Jones' Hammond organ! Definately a good album to smoke to.

McLemore Avenue [Stax Remasters]
McLemore Avenue [Stax Remasters] by Booker T. & The MG's (Audio CD - 2011)