on 8 January 2011
>>> I have updated this review (and the star rating from 4 to 5) after using the code for over 6 months now and working with a Healing Codes Coach for over 3 months.

Original Review....

I stumbled across this book when I was reading a review of the Emotion Code from someone who had used many of the available modalities with limited benefit but had mentioned that they were impressed with the Healing Code's initial results.

Firstly, to underline some of the statements that have been made by the Author in this forum relating to 1 star reviews:

THE CODE - The Code IS IN the book. It is a 'universal code' that is very simple to do.

A COMPLETE PRODUCT - This is NOT a promotional product but one that can be used entirely on its own without buying anything else. Yes, there are other, far more expensive, products available through a web site but these are not promoted (apart from a single mention)

TESTIMONIALS - There are a number of testimonials in the book, but this is not an unreasonable thing to do and they form a very small part of the book

HEALING STORIES - There are a number of healing stories written throughout the book, but these are to illustrate certain aspects relevant to what is being considered in that part of the book

TWO PARTS - The book essentially falls into two parts, the Healing Code itself and the background to how and why it works. I went straight to the Healing Code as you can start using it immediately without reading the background information. Although, I did find the background information very interesting and read this after starting to apply the Code. I suspect that whilst there is a degree of factual science behind some of this (such as what they know about epigenetics) there is a tendency by Authors to extrapolate and speculate beyond the known science. For example, I am not certain that anybody yet really knows where memories are stored - this book claims that they are held in every cell in your body, whereas other books claim they are held out in some sort of matrix (which is why they can be shared and removed from more than one person at once).

AN ATTENTIVE AUTHOR - If you read some of the one star reviews then you will find that the Author has responded to many of these (see site). You can view these responses by clicking the 'Comments' link. This is fairly unusual from my experience for an author to take that level of personal interest, which I believe is a credit to the author.

NOT SO FAST HEALINGS - People have complained about all the 'miraculous' healings mentioned in the book that seem to happen almost instantly but they have not had this. However, the author does state that sometimes it can take some considerable time, and this is reiterated in his responses on Amazon reviews. Interestingly, Dr Alex's wife healing process took six months, after her initial dramatic improvement.

ACCESSING THE FREE ONLINE ADDITIONAL RESOURCES - This is very easy to do if you follow the clear instructions in the book.

DVD PRESENTATION... I have just obtained and viewed an excellent presentation of the Healing Code by a couple (Jack & Anne Stewart) in Warrington. It is a recording of a session where they were presenting the Healing Code to a small group as well as giving a demonstration. This supplements the book really well. If you're interested in obtaining a copy then you need to contact Debra Brown of Mastery Path (do a search in Google. Jack & Anne have their own web site dedicated to the Healing Code (thehealingcodes dot co dot uk) and also run workshops etc.

- BACKGROUND... I have had a journey, with my first major turning point being the reading of the The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment (fantastic!). I then learnt about the Mind/Body connection from The Divided Mind: The Epidemic of Mindbody Disorders(which is mentioned in the Healing Code). I then learnt a lot about myself doing journalling. The next step was learning how damaging and unhelpful negative behaviours are from Nick Arrizza through his excellent Mind Resonance Process (but this is expensive treatment, but his book Esteem For The Self is well worth read and application of the process personally). I then found EFT Discover The Power Of Meridian Tapping; A Revolutionary Method For Stress-Free Living to be very helpful and effective to a point, especially in life situations that cause stress at that moment. I also found Donna Edens The Energy Medicine Kit extremely beneficial for generating a relaxed state and still use her 5 minute exercises regularly with an immediate feeling of rebalancing body energies.

- INITIAL EFFECT OF THE CODE... I had what I guess they call a healing crisis. It felt like there was a battle going on in my body. It felt like it was in the layer just below my skin. I was waking up in the night and having to do the Code. It felt like I was going backwards in terms of healing. One night I got up and cried so hard like I've never cried before. There seemed to be a big initial release.

- SLOW PROGRESS... Since then progress has been slower. I have a lot of negative childhood programming that occured repeatly over a long period so there appear to be a lot of memories that seem difficult to access.

- PHYSICAL EFFECTS... There has been little in the way of physical changes, although I have always had problems with a blocked up nose (on one side or the other) and this seems to have eased. When I first started school I had a lot of sore throats and was off school a lot - I still have one permanantly swollen gland. I tried to find the mememory associated with this - what I found was a traumatic event when my mum forgot to pick me up from school and I was left outside on the steps until a teacher found me and took me inside. Perhaps I need to work on this further.

- THE ENERGY... I can actually feel the energy when I do the Code. It is particularly noticeable when I do the jaw and side of the head positions. I can feel the energy inside my head when my fingers are in position. I've not seen anyone else mention this or any mention of it in the book.

- BIG IMPROVEMENTS [Added 2 weeks after intial posting of this review]... I have been working nearly everyday with the codes and have found it very effective on emotional issues. One big one for me is anticipatory anxiety - I can get anxiety building up days before an event. It is about things I have no need to be anxious about, but I have had this problem for years that has seriously hampered me and affected my health. I tried it one night when I was struggling, just specifically on the anxiety (rather than on a particular past memory), and it completely disappeared. Not only that but I know that I used to feel the anxiety but when I go looking for that feeling in my body I can't find it, it's really strange but fantastic! I have other less dramatic but equally effective experiences of emotional type issues. I'm keeping keeping on with this! It will be interesting to see how it goes in the long term but I feel that these issues have been completely resolved and disappeard. All I do know is look out for things that affect me emotionally and work on them, sometimes just directly on them.

- THANKS for making this information available at a reasonable cost to everyone. There are clearly many more people gaining benefit from it than would have done had you not published the book.

- MEMORY FINDER... The description of how to access a memory is extremely short in the book. This is one of the most difficult aspects for me. Perhaps a more lengthy section on this would help. Are there things that can be done to help with memory finding... clearing the mind? meditation? etc.

- A RECOMMENDATION... If you want to get this information out further then I suggest you take a similar approach to 'The Tapping Solution' (excellent) and 'Letting Go' (didn't provide enough information on how to do it) by creating a DVD. This will appeal to another audience type again and will help get it out to even more people.

Thanks again and a highly recommended book.

>> UPDATE... 6 months on...

My life has changed incredibly! For the first few months I worked with the code on my own. I also purchased the Full Manual and Q codes. But it got to the point where I felt I needed someone to guide me... this was when I tracked down a Healing Code Coach (I chose Lorrie Rivers, who has been fantastic). I have been working with her for over 3 months now and the effects have been truly remarkable.

A couple of years ago I realised that the ephitaph on my grave stone would probably read... 'Unfulfilled Potential'... at last I am starting to show some promise in fulfulling the potential that the gifts I have been blessed with can deliver... I am at last becoming Who I Really Am.

The Coaching process is remarkable in itself, you don't need to spend hours pouring your heart out, like so many other therapies. You simply have a short chat on the phone, without the need to reveal much in the way of personal information and you are given a power personal code.

My life is changing dramatically... and people can see it. I am calmer, less stressed, more caring and loving, noticing the needs of others more than being wrapped up in my own needs, more perceptive, more intuitive... the list goes on.

Of all the therapies and modalities I have tried I now know that I will never need another!!

A grateful thanks to Dr Alex.
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2011
This book is great in its own right and Id give it 5 stars as a stand alone publication. The problem is that I felt that the whole marketing aspect promising MORE if you go online devalues the experience for me. When you get online you find a confusing site whos ultimate aim is to get you to spend $800 on DVDs or possibly $200 for a download. Its a real shame so my advice would be to buy the book, get the best from it but dont go onlne and dont register. You will be bombarded with marketing style e mail.

Update: Despite this I did spend the $800 and so I can confirm that I should have taken my own advice. We worked hard with the materials for 3 months and got nowhere. What I will say for the authors is that they honored the money back guarantee, but it still cost me over £100 in credit card exchange costs and postage. So my advice is dont bother with that just concentrate on whats in the book which many people (not us unfortunately) have found very good.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2010
Three weeks before I was due to have an assessment - with a view to having my cataracts surgically removed, I used The Healing Codes - praying that they'd disappear so that surgery would not be necessary.

The result of the assessment - I was discharged as my cataracts were 'insignificant'.

Also, I have had a persistant cough for about 3 years, that too has disappeared, thank God.

Thank you Alex Loyd and Ben Johnson - as far as I'm concerned - The Healing Codes work.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 March 2011
This is an enormously coherent and practical guide to healing psychological and emotionally based physical problems, backed up by emerging research from neuroscience and epigenetics, by Alex Lloyd and Ben Johnson (as seen in "The Secret") With many supporting case histories the reader is lead elegantly through the steps always backed by the underlying research. The procedure itself is simple not unlike the Meridian and Energy based therapies.There is also excellent continuing (free) support on their website.
on 3 April 2011
This is definitely a book to read, but it does NOT deliver all that it promises.

What is does deliver is an explanation of the philosophy and science behind the healing codes.

What it does not quite deliver is its main promise of a "universal" healing code that the authors say works for most people on most things.

It almost delivers this - except that to learn the "focus statements" (or at least examples thereof), which are a part of that code, you have to "register your book" on the healing codes website, ie you have to provide a name and email address.

Call me cynical, but that is an exercise in list building and, of course, customer email lists are arguably the most valuable asset of any internet marketeer. Don't be surprised if, once you part with these details, you then receive automated emails persuading you to buy more and more! (or course you could unsubscribe once you have the information you want).

And, yes, there is plenty more to buy - including the Healing Codes themselves (ie a whole raft of codes aside from the one universal code disclosed in the book), and Q2 codes (that apparently turbo boost the healing codes).

I am all for a fair financial return for effort and hard work, but I also believe a business should deliver what it promises (and yes, this is a business, not a charitable enterprise). The focus statements could have been very easily included in an appendix to the book. If the authors have so much faith in the universal code, why did they not do that, and allow people to use the whole universal code and then, if they felt so inclined, sign up to the website for more?

I have been using the universal code for less than a week, and I do believe there is power in this work and it should be widely available. I have not had any sudden miraculous healing (my general health is good anyway), but my head feels clearer and I feel unusually calm. I am experienced in EFT and QT, so I have some comparators, and I may even become one of the ones who, in time, decides to buy additional codes.

However, I object strongly to this book saying it delivers something that it deliberately does not quite deliver - strongly enough for this to be the first amazon review I have ever written! Maybe in the next edition they could either include the focus statements or at least mention on the back cover that to learn the complete universal code, the reader will have to sign up to the website. That would be fair disclosure, and allow the person buying the book to know just what to expect.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2011
I have been pursuing the healing arts, transformation and the body-mind-spirit connection for more than 30 years, studying psychology, shiatsu, Universal Energy School, Reiki master, Theta healing, Landmark and others. Having developed a need for healing myself in the last few years, my search for answers has intensified. I've been using the codes now on and off for about 3 weeks, and have felt a tangible difference when I do it. This book is a beginning, and provides a context and steps for anyone who is serious about healing themselves, and believes in the intelligence and power of the body to heal. Practicing the healing codes daily puts us in a healing process. I could see some problems as I started to read the book, that would put people off. I think there may be some confusion about a need for a feedback machine or something. But not so! Everything is contained in the book. There is assistance on the website to find the affirmations relevant to your issues. But knowing my issues, and not having the chance to really get to all the info on their site, until now I have just used my own affirmations/healing statements, and it seems to work. As I continued reading, it all came together into explaining the healing process in a clear and detailed way, based on a significant body of experience, medical knowledge and the newest research findings in the field of healing..... and more importantly, I feel that it resonated with my human physical experience. Synchronistically, recently I learned about Ho-oponopono, the ancient Hawaiian spiritual practice that talks about the need to clean our unconscious negative memories from our cells, and get back to our essence, to experiencing ourselves at zero point, as source. The Healing Codes provides an additional way to do this precise work. It explains step-by-step what happens in the body and why, as well as explaining what happens during the healing when using the Codes. Negative memories do not necessarily have to be brought to consciousness to be released. During the process of doing the codes, they are released also even without our conscious awareness. This work brings something powerfully new to the therapeutic table. Changing the dynamic to one of complete self-healing. I cannot recommend it enough. And I feel privileged to know about it! I've purchased it for all my friends and family.
on 1 January 2015
OK, you have to make a living, but if you have healed your compassionate heart and feel humble and released your attachment to material goods, why do you give the hard sell for an $800 programme? Tacky marketing just makes me feel turned off by the whole thing - spend this and you will be cured. I already bought the book - website is hard to get around and promises of free info when registering - if it is there it is so hard to find that I gave up. Left a bad taste to me. The techniques are pretty standard, affirmations, meditations really - not seeing this as revolutionary. I have an open mind and have learnt some amazing healing techniques, but I think this is cynical exploitation of vulnerable people and I can't engage with it to see how effective it is!
on 7 March 2011
6 minutes of this technique is like half an hour or more of meditation. It works. There's no BS. There is quite a lot of waffle in the book, but you can ignore it and get straiht down to the practice if you prefer.
on 16 March 2012
I bought this about a year ago, have not been using it as much as I should, in fact far from it. But when I have applied it to an issue consistantly I notice huge and permanent improvement. A week of it will leave you in no doubt it works with noticeable changes, a month of it will make massive differences to that emotionall problem and the physical one too.

In summary; it is the best healing method I have come across.
on 3 April 2013
Bit of a disappointment, really, as it spends the entire book going on and on about ONE code, and when you get to the end you realise that there is so much more that hasn't been included. It's almopst a promo for the Healing Codes, a much more expensive course. I don't hate the book at all, but I've given it one star because it only gives one code.