Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.37

on 17 July 2008
Got a zany sense of humour? Yeah? You'll love this book. Doesn't matter what age you are, this book is hilarious. It has a writing style that teenagers and below could keep up with. But don't fret adults! Any adult who can appreciate the wacky genius in some good off the wall humour will enjoy this litlle gem.

It's both dark and daft. It's Cable Guy meeting Scary movie. Granny is a harebrained old woman, sinister in her motives. She's on the prowl, terrorising young Joe. Can he uncover her unscrupulous agenda? Or will her constant provoking finish him off?

The imagination in this book is just stupendous. The author creates a surreal plot which is so barmy it will make you laugh and resonate with those cringy nerves that need a good old rattle every now and again.
Guaranteed to have most children shrieking with laughter, especially if they are fans of Roald Dahl.

No subtleties here. Unashamedly OTT, Anthony Horowitz creates here a granny to make the blood curdle - eating habits reminiscent of a cement mixer; perfume like rotting sheep; so adept at stealing, a metal detector has to be installed. These are just the nicer aspects, the rest decidedly unpleasant - as with her dastardly plans for grandson Jordan....

Fun. Readers will delight that their own grandmothers do not cause dogs to howl and the sun to go in.

One revelation saddens. Anthony Horowitz's grandmother had been monstrous, her long life devoted to creating unhappiness. Memories still jab. By amusing others so greatly, the book is an attempt to make those recollections less painful. I do hope he succeeded.
on 27 December 2012
I love this book because it's hilarious heart breaking and adventurous the best I got to admit I gave it a five star and it really deserts it because deserves to be a million pounds but thanks to kindles its cheap.
on 3 April 2016
BRILLIANT. I can't believe it has taken me so long to discover the fantastically engaging writing of Anthony Horowitz. This book is so funny. The story is fast paced and I think will engage a wide reading audience from reluctant to very competent and an age range from children aged about 8 years right the way up to adults who are still lucky enough to be able to see ! Not ony is this a funny story, it has a point to it with just the right amount of moral message to make you think without being too preaching. A really great read. It's been a long time since I have read a children's book that has excited me like I know it will the children I recommend it too.
on 1 March 2013
You all betta watch out for the granny crew from Bideford! Its a great book,definetly top twenty.Read it now!It's really good.
on 15 December 1998
I think this book is great! The Auther has created a scary and evil old hag who happens to be Jordan Warden's Granny. The book is funny and scary at the same time. Don't let your Granny read this because she might be a bit offended! Anthony Horowitz is a brilliant writer, his writing is similar to Roald Dahl's but better. I recommened it (as if it isn't already obvious!) By Jenny Wilson
on 25 July 2014
An EPIC read. A tiny bit scary in some places but overall, a very funny and good book. It contains a few gory moments but nothing spectacular. I couldn't put it down and finished it in under 2 days. I used to live in Bideford so i recognized the places and descriptions. Such a good style of writing. READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 22 April 2013
This book was a rib tickling emotional rollercoaster ride. We particularly liked the part where Granny pretended to be someone else which had huge consequences for some of the families in the story.

We would recommend this book to anyone over 8 who enjoys a story with a bit of humour and suspense as well.
on 3 February 2015
It's a great book about Joe's granny, he knew she was mean, wicked, and even evil, but little did he know there was a nation of evil grannies, that dispise children and they try to use Joe as a way to become youthfull. I recommend this book to anyone because its funny, mysterious and thrilling!
on 22 December 2015
This is my favourite Anthony Horowitz story - and that of my children and my mum - so it truly spans the generations. It is written with great wit and keeps the attention of the reader regardless of age! i would thoroughly recommend. There;s a good plot and excellent characters.