Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.99

on 30 May 2011
The original soundtrack to Tron is the most accomplished piece of electronic music since Vangelis 'Blade Runner'. When I heard it was going to be remixed by the great and the good of the electronic dance scene, I jumped at the chance. I was not disappointed. The variety of remixes caters for all tastes, and each one treats the original with the respect it deserves. There is a welcome return from Photek, now in a house vibe, plus contributions from Boyz Noize and Paul Oakenfold. I advise anyone to by this album, and most importantly to buy the original soundtrack too. Any lover of quality electronic sondscapes should immerse themselves in these masterpieces.
on 27 April 2012
Loved it. It is an incredible mix of music. I work out to it as it really gets me in the mood to train. Favourite Tracks: 11 End of Line and 8 End of Line, both great remixes. Track 7 Moby "The Son of Flynn" is great, builds slowly and gets more dramatic (orchestral) as the track goes on. Track 5 "Son of Flynn" also really good. Track 15 Tron Legacy End Titles is also awesome, a song in two parts and contains my favourite piece of music from Tron, 1 minute 20 secs in, the electro synth orchestral piece. All in all a fantastic album, I am tempted to buy the original motion picture album now.
on 5 June 2013
When I heard there was a new Tron movie I was keen to watch it as I saw the original in the cinema when it first came out, WOW I was completely blown away by the whole thing, its such a good film with a beautful soundtrack that I did a search to find out who did the music, had no idea it was Daft Punk and bought the reconfigured album straight away, good quality remixes have turned the soundscapes into self contained tunes but more than that have expanded them as the best remix should ;-)
on 21 May 2011
This album is so wonderful...can't stop listening to it over and over and over. Bold new direction...One of the best releases yet.
on 20 August 2011
Years ago, I watched Tron (the original motion picture). I loved it.

I recently watched Tron: Legacy on Blu-ray. I loved it. Lots.

What I loved about it, as much as anything else, was the 'banging' 80's electropop-meets-Pendulum soundtrack.

I researched the Daftpunk soundtrack, but I'm always nervous of soundtracks as they have a stack of tracks that are just 1-2 mins in length. This album has all its tracks at 5-7 mins in length.... And sure, the tracks may not necessarily be Daftpunk per se, but unless you're a REAL Daftpunk aficionado, you'd struggle to notice.

I've listened to the album all the way through several times now, and each track - apart from track 2 (which I really don't like) - just gets better and better and better.

If, in any way shape or form, you enjoyed the soundtrack to Tron: Legacy, then this is the album to buy!
on 26 September 2011
I am unsure why this album wasn't released alongside the original as a double offering at the time the film was released?

There are enough serious collaborations here to possibly warrant the price tag, Okenfold, Moby, Kaskade to name but a few. I especially like Arena (Remixed By The Japanese Pop stars ) and The Grid (Remixed By The Crystal Method,) but I wasn't as impressed with this collection as I was with the original album. That is why I wondered why they didn't release this as a double special edition album along side the original score and charge a little bit more? I am unsure how many people, other than Daft Punk fans will be tempted by these remixes given the price?

I still downloaded it though as it grows on you and would urge any collector to do the same.
on 29 January 2013
I don't always buy this sort of music but each track is so refined (without losing the Tron feel to it) that it's like an album of singles. M83 do an awesome cover early into the track list.
on 21 May 2014
Remixing electronica/dance music that is already quite 'different' in a good way just didn't do the music any justice really.

The original tracks (including the specials from all the limited editions) are much much better in every way.

I think I listened to these once or twice and they now gather dust.

That isn't to say these are bad, but the originals are just so good you'd be hard pressed to make them better in any significant way.
on 7 October 2011
If you have watched the movie and became entranced by the soundtrack enough to buy it then this reconfigured album is for you! it takes the the soundtrack from the movie and beefs it up with extra beats and remixes, i've put my copy in the car and listen to it in the traffic with the volume way up!!
on 30 November 2011
Tron Legacy soundtrack is possibly my favourite album ever, so i was a little sceptical about this at first, but after giving it a few listens, i learnt to love it. there are some pure amazing remixes on here. if you loved the original you will love this. just keep an open mind :)