5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal !
Published on 27 Sep 2010 by Blue Lou

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, but the real book is better
I bought this after reading the hardcover version which someone had in the office. Part of the fun is opening the book at random pages and reading the entires, which isn't really possible with a digital version, still nice to have if you are a fan though.
Published 9 months ago by Paul Sneddon

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal !, 27 Sep 2010
Presuming you are reasonably robust and not easily offended, this book is quite simply the single funniest thing on the planet. It is breathtakingly rude, and gleefully honest. I have read this book from cover to cover, and was quickly banned from reading it in bed because I kept waking my partner up crying with laughter. It is absolutely life-affirming, and tells you more about the human condition than a whole shelf of classics. Do yourself a favour and buy this immediately! It's worth the price for the definition of 'wangst' alone...

5.0 out of 5 stars Somebody call an ambulance, 12 Nov 2010
Laverne (Haywards Heath, UK) - See all my reviews
It has long been understood that humour, anxiety and filth occupy the same ancient parts of the brain and Das Krapital, the latest in the Viz series of profane thesauruses, taps into this subconscious area, producing alarm, guilt and hilarity in equal measure. A sort of half-brother to Jonathon Green's academic Dictionary of Slang, Das Krapital is a huge compendium of breathtaking filth that leaves you gasping with mirth. The book takes in much of what has already appeared in previous, smaller, Viz volumes, but is an essential book for all completists with a serious interest in the subject. Possibly the funniest book in the universe. An eye-watering masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some things just get better & better, 22 Jun 2011
This review is from: Roger's Profanisaurus: Das Krapital (Kindle Edition)
Been a long time fan of the Profanisaurus and looking forward to a Kindle version for ages. All I'm worried about now is whether I can read this on the train to work without corroding my zip...

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it...., 26 Jun 2011
A. Bowyer (Crewe,UK) - See all my reviews
My wife hates this book(Oh god, hes off, what now?), after 5 mins I was tittering to myself, after six I was lying on the sofa sideways coughing my lungs up, its worthy of a place in every toilet library across the land. enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be on everyone's "must read" list., 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: Roger's Profanisaurus: Das Krapital (Kindle Edition)
If ever the phrase "toilet humour" could be applied to a book, this is it. It's not for everyone; some people will be disgusted and offended by it, but for the rest of us I can't recommend it highly enough.
Open the book at random, start reading and you will be laughing in less than 30 seconds. Guaranteed.
It is very well cross-referenced and the so-called quotes from biographies, historical references and even Barbara Cartland "novels" which are used to put definitions into context are excellent; sometimes even funnier than the definitions themselves.
You won't regret buying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Out Loud, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Roger's Profanisaurus: Das Krapital (Kindle Edition)
I am definitely rationing this book out and am pleased that it is so wonderfully long. By the time I get to the end, I will have forgotten most of the previous interpretations, so this is a brilliant book for me. Got it as a Kindle dowload and it is so upliftingly funny and inventive - at all intellectual levels

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 22 Jun 2012
A very funny wonderful book,sometimes witty and sometimes crude but all written in the best possible taste!!!-worth every penny.Hours of fun reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars For potty mouths everywhere,, 19 May 2011
Crookedmouth ":-/" (As seen on iPlayer) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Oh dear god! I've only managed to finish the letter A (Aardvark's Nose to Aztec Two-Step) and I honestly don't think I can go on. I'm crying with laughter, my sides are aching and I can barely breathe. They say that the eskimos have 300 words for snow. Well, I think that it should be a matter of national pride that the english speaking world has around 400 euphemisms for flatulence (Air Biscuit, Push Gas, Knock the Lid Off the Ark). This compendium of filth has nigh on 500 pages of obscene euphemisms and it proves, if anything, that English must be one of the most versatile, ubiquitous languages in the world. At least as far as swearing is concerned.

Some have suggested that this should be placed next the Andrex in toilets across the country. I would go further than that...

"Dropped Pie, Face Like a. Sim: To resemble one who has been bobbing for chips in a deep fat fryer."

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny as..., 19 Feb 2011
Delighted i got this book. It has provided endless laughs with various people. After purchasing this for my brother, i secretly wanted for myself, i became delighted when he returned my un-opened pressie after a row we had!..His loss my gain..

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Poetry Anthology Ever Created, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: Roger's Profanisaurus: Das Krapital (Kindle Edition)
Of all fictional characters, Roger Mellie has made me laugh the most. His comic strip in the magazine 'Viz' has turned profanity into poetry. Like many readers, I find the clumsy use of conventional swear words to be wearing after a while. Fortunately, 'Das Krapital' rejuvenates an ailing art-form.

Readers will not be able to read more than a page without laughing. On occasion, they will stumble upon a metaphor or an idiom of such brilliance that they will cry with mirth. There are too many to list in this review, but personal favourites will seep into conversation. My favourite line: "You're about as useful as Anne Frank's drum-kit."

Please read and savour every glorious scrap of genius within. You won't regret it.