3,644 Reviews
 (1,969)

5.0 out of 5 stars These are "Beast!" (according to my son...)
I bought these as an early birthday prezzy for my 15yr old son after much deliberation & reading of various reviews on here for all manner & makes of earphones.
He's had a few sets over the past year (including SkullCandys) that just don't seem to be able to take the frequent use.
He uses them every day on route to school or for a little gaming on his iPod...
Published on 11 Dec. 2011 by VioletAngel

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, weak material, broke unexpectedly after 6 weeks
Published 20 months ago by Adrian Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars These are "Beast!" (according to my son...), 11 Dec. 2011
This review is from: JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones (Electronics)
He uses them every day on route to school or for a little gaming on his iPod Touch.
He told me that the sound quality when listening to music is very good (particularly with the dubstep that he enjoys),the bass pick-up is great,and what he said to me was "Mum,my new headphones are beast! Thankyou so much" :)

Our conclusion is that for a cheaper but quality & pretty robust set of earphones you really can't go far wrong with these ones :)

**7 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASE: These earphones did finally succumb to the constant day in,day out nigh on 24/7 use that my son inflicted on them. One of the earphones did fall off of the cord completely. However my son loves them so much he has requested a 2nd pair. We'd still recommend them as you can't help just general wear & tear & pretty hard handling from a 15yr old.** :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, weak material, broke unexpectedly after 6 weeks, 7 Aug. 2013
Firstly, I'm an avid music fan, so I wanted a decent pair of earphones until I could afford to splash out on some quality headphones and these fit the criteria, but within 6 weeks the left earphone went out and the supplier will not respond to my messages. When they did work the sound was good, although I felt they overcompensated with the bass and subsequently neglected the overall crispness of the overall sound.

They were also not comfortable and kept falling out of my ears, even when I changed the ear buds. And if you're thinking about using them for jogging? Forget it. They barely stayed in my ears whilst walking, let alone jogging.

Overall save a bit more and buy some Sennheiser earphones (any around the £25-30) as they will last at least a year. You get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Product, 25 Oct. 2011
These headphones are simply amazing.

- Their technical details are very close to that of the Dr. Dre headphones at only the 1/6 of its hefty £120 price tag.
- Their noise cancelling is very good while the music produced is simply breath-taking.
- Its rich deep bass sound produced is as good at higher pitches.
- Its appearance is very aesthetically pleasing even quite cool.
- It is very comfortable even after long periods and it stays in your ears unlike many other headphones.

Very pleased with it and would recommend to everyone else who is looking for any great decent headphones at a low cost.

1.0 out of 5 stars They just stop working through one side which is really annoying and so I find myself constantly replacing them, 17 Feb. 2015
I have bought these earphones 3 times because of the high quality sound. The only problem is that I have had to buy 3. They just stop working through one side which is really annoying and so I find myself constantly replacing them, which is a waste of money. Now I find myself looking for an alternative brand in the hope of finding the same quality but longer lasting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 5 Aug. 2013
Lost my Sennheiser again and decided to get a cheap alternative. Read the reviews here and went for them. Ok, packaging and presentation: good. But that's not why you bought them right? The sound gets 3/10 - quite disappointing really. That's on top of left headphone being dead. That's right, I can only hear with the right one. Not after 2 weeks or 1 month use - they arrived like that. So buy them at your own peril. I already ordered a new set of Sennheisers and will keep this pair on an extremely rainy day emergency.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 28 Feb. 2012
After another pair of my "ink'd" broke (again, one side went dead), I decided to stop wasting my money on them and try something new. I spent some time reading reviews and finally decided to buy these headphones.
When they arrived, they were sealed in a really nice looking but hard to open plastic box. I won the fight and found a black case inside which can be used to store the headphones when you're not using them. At least they won't get tangled up and the rubber ear pieces won't disappear somewhere in a bag.
The earphones are slightly asymmetric and come with three different sizes of rubber ear pieces. My ears are quite small and I was a bit worried but the smallest size is perfect for me and for once, I was not afraid of breaking them when I put them in my ears.
I plugged them into my laptop to try them and was pleasantly surprised. Not only do they have an amazing sound quality, I am now also able to enjoy a deep bass sound and they are very comfortable to wear. I also tried them with my GoGear Mix and again, they didn't disappoint. The headphones cancel a lot of noise which I think is great when I'm using public transport.
Overall, I'm very happy with them. I don't know how long they'll last because I only got them today but the sound quality is much better than my old headphones and they are similar priced, so I would buy them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones! Good price!, 8 Jan. 2014
I think these headphones are superb, the quality of the sound is far better than other brands and higher priced headphones I've purchased in the past. They're a steal at only £10!

From some of the comments I've read, they may not be right for those who don't enjoy a good strong bass sound as this they deliver amply. I like that though and they hit the spot!

Also, from other comments, some say they're not durable. I can only disagree, in my experience they're really good at taking the daily punishment of being hastily shoved in pockets, bags, etc, that can kill other headphones like Apple headphones for example.

With three pairs of gel tip sizes in the pack, you can get a really good fit and they do block out a lot of outside noise; improving your music many times over on the commute. Just be careful crossing the road, with the right fit it's scary how little you can hear of the outside world!

I use mine with my phone and wish they had a Mic, and possibly vol up, vol down buttons too, but that would be an idea for the manufacturer to take on board, not a complaint of any sort here. If you're purchasing for that reason though, then pick another pair.

The only other point I'll mention is you may wish to consider getting a spare pack of Gel Tips, they come with a single pair of each size in the pack, but I lost one on the right ear after about three months. This was completely my own fault - they're pretty robust and do stay on with care. I think mine was caught in a zip that ripped it off. Thing is, once you've got the right size, the others won't do and you'll regret not having a backup. You can order for about £1.95 12 PACK Replacement Earphone Ear Gel Tips For Sony MDR CX EX Sennheiser CX IE Sharp Panasonic HJE Skullcandy ezGears JVC Phillips Creative Sony Ericsson Denon Monster Griffin JBL Headphones iPod iPad in ear Earbuds - Small Medium Large (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after one month :(, 21 Jan. 2015
Bought in November, really impressed at first until the left ear stopped working after less than a month of use :( I wouldn't mind if I had been rough with them, but I took such good care of them for the first time ever with a pair of earphone, I ties to keep them as untangled as possible, I even used the silly little box provided!
I have returned, lost out because of having to pay to post them back to the seller, and I am still waiting to see if the seller will be refunding or replacing.
Just to note that I have the more basic model of these that I paid £10 for in August 2014 and they are still working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality is brilliant across a range of genres, 20 Dec. 2011
These headphones are absolutely brilliant for the price. I bought these to replace 5 yr old Sony headphones that were very expensive at the time, and what I thought was great quality - until I tried these.

They come with a choice of buds to help you get the right fit, which is important to get the best in sound quality. The buds are very snug and comfortable compared cheap basic earphones. They are shaped specifically at an angle for each ear, and are marked Left and Right so you put them in the correct ear!

The sound quality is brilliant across a range of genres from podcasts, spoken audio books, classical, piano, instrumental, new age and rock.

Both ear cables are of equal length at the point in which they join the main cable - I am used to having one short and one long to wear behind my neck, but it is possible to do the same with these when plugged into a device you have on your person and cable length is fine.

When plugged into the laptop docking station, the cable is just not long enough to use comfortably. Interestingly, the sound quality is pretty poor when plugged into the laptop which comes with basic built in sound, but when plugged into my iPod or HTC Desire, the sound quality is brilliant. So the quality of sound also depends on the quality of the device you are using.

The buds and cable are robust and very good quality. The description doesn't mention that these come in a small black hard plastic case marked with its XX logo. The case is very sturdy and protects the headphones when carrying around in the bottom of the bag or travelling with them in a pocket.

All-round excellent purchase - I am very pleased with these!

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC-HAFX1X XTREME XPLOSIVES MINI REVIEW - BUXZ777, 6 Dec. 2011
Hi there and thanks for reading my mini review on these jvc earbuds for the purpose of the review i will be calling them fx1s as its much easier then their full name

The fx1s came super quick from amazon and i was really impressed with the dispatch times from them , the packaging was the usual amazon brown boxes .

When you open the amazon box your treated to a neat little see through package that contains the fx1s and a case for them and different sized ear buds . Now the packaging is a pain in the butt to open so please dont damage the ear buds ina rush to get to them , they are sealed in the packaging very well so as mentioned just be carefull when opening them

For £15 you get quite a nice package

1x fx1s earbuds and a selection of earbuds for the perfect fit
1x case for them
1x some paperwork

The headphones themselves look very stylish and are built well with a solid feel to them . the cable is a funky red colour which again has a nice solid feel to it , its also insulated well and doesnt give much feedback when brushed against your body like cx300s etc

The fx1s have a really generous 10mm driver and jvc have done well to get it in such a neat tidy package , the fx1s fit in the ear well and arent too heavy infact they are very comfortable to wear

The 10mm driver produces some great bass and sound depth and the earbuds can produce really high levels of voloume without distortion , iam really impressed with how loud they actually go , they make my sgs2 phone sound awesome compared to the tinny sound i wa sgetting through other earbuds . My friend has a pair for his iphone4 and he also says that he has never heard such loud headphones they really put skullcandy to shame infact they een sound better then my old sennhesier cx300s and my Sony MDR-EX300SLB which pack a 13.5mm driver and cost me £50

The sound they produce is very bass heavy infact i call them my little bass cannons lol the treble is also very powerfull so it isnt drowned out by the heavy bass however the mid range could do with a bit of a boost and you can do this on an equaliser setting if it takes your fancy . I personally find even witha flat eq they sound very good and are seriously one of the best earbuds ive tried and for £15 they really cant be beaten

I have even bought 2x back up pair i rate them that much , just think other headphones would cost what £30-£50 pounds for a decent set , i was so happy with these i bought a few pairs for the same price as a decent set from another brand which cant be bad

hats of to jvc for making such good bang for your buck headphones , lets hope they keep selling them and maybe carry the line on in the future as for the price you cant go wrong

please dont buy skullcandy headphones these really put them to shame and also have a nice design and solid build quality

some people have said they are better then dre beats , in terms of overall audio quality i dont think they are , however in terms of bass response , build quality , price , bang for buck , i think they beat them hands down.

I would recomend these headphones to anyone looking for a decent , failry priced , nice sounding , well packaged , well built headphones that kick out bass like little pocketable bass cannons

Thanks for reading and have a great day and safe shopping

cheers buxz777