5.0 out of 5 stars Demons, Poltergeists and Malevolent Sprits
Published on 12 Jun 2011 by Coldwater

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it
I enjoyed reading this book although it didnt quite reach the heights I was anticipating. The supernatural aspect didnt quite hit the mark. The ending was a bit rushed and a bit twee. But as I say I did enjoy reading it and I was turning the pages to find out what was going to happen.
Published 17 months ago by Carol Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Demons, Poltergeists and Malevolent Sprits, 12 Jun 2011
This review is from: REUNION (Paperback)
This exciting paranormal thriller, from Indiana author Jeff Bennington, is (I'm guessing) partly influenced by Stephen King classics such as Carrie and the Dead Zone. Reunion begins with a Columbine-style school massacre, carried out by mentally-scarred student David Ray. The plot then cuts forward twenty years to follow the lives of seven survivors of the massacre; Tanner Khan, Kate Tooley, Bryan Jacobs, Maria Vasquez, Lana Jones, Nick Tooley and Noah Berkeley. All have suffered severe trauma in some way, and this is brought into sharp focus once the decision has been made to hold a 20-year anniversary reunion in the (now derelict) Crescent Falls School. Needless to say, supernatural forces are very much at work...
The author voice is clear and literate, with great characterisation, and there are quite a few twists and turns before the plot proceeds to its exciting and chilling climax.
If I had one slight complaint it would be the use of the multi-viewpoint, almost as if we're following half-a-dozen secondary characters as opposed to one or two main protagonists. However this is a subjective opinion and I know there are many who love the Tarantino-style multi-viewpoint approach.
Will a UK publisher take this one up? I hope so.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good solid read, 16 May 2011
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Another book that I bought a while ago, I was putting off reading it due to the school shooting concept.
I am so gald I got around to reading it though, it was excellent. I loved the way the author built up the characters and that time was taken over the actual shootings themselves without being too over the top. I read this in 1 sitting, very rare for me indeed, have only done this 3 times in total and funnily enough, they have all been indie authors. The thing I loved most about this book was the way the second half of the book played out. I don't want to spoil it for others but I thought I knew what was going to happen and boy, was I wrong! Great book, will definately read more from this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Film Producers, Take Note., 30 Nov 2011
Mr. Richard Lw Bunning (Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Reunion is a well-balanced and exciting psychological thriller, which maintains enough plausibility with the introduction of the paranormal to effortlessly hold my attention. There is a realistic balance of dark and light, blue and grey, love and hate, which is sustained throughout this insistent page turner. This is one of those agitating books that guards direction less from the reader than from its very strong and believable cast, though there is surprise enough. I say cast deliberately, because if ever a book was born for the screen this is it. Film producers take note, this is a golden script. I don't give five stars unless to me a book is flawless, it isn't, but it is one mighty good week-end read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reunion, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
A great read from one of my favourite authors. The description of the story and characters made the story imaginable and enjoyable full of suspense and left me unable to put down my kindle at times

5.0 out of 5 stars Reunion____ Plus twistedVengeance, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
read this some time ago I really enjoyed it ......will read more of Jeff Bennington books. Also read Twisted. That one I could not put down until I finished it

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
The book grabs you from the very first chapter and keeps you interested all the way through. Story is good and you get to know each character in turn and their backgrounds. Overall a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book. The twists and turns were fantastically written. I couldn't put it down. It is the second book by Jeff Bennington that I have purchased & they've been worth every penny. Highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reunion fantastic, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
This is a fantastic book. It combines supernatural stuff with a touching romantic story. It shows bravery and the strength of the human spirit. It gave you a look into the struggle others have to endure. And it was scary. I really lo ed this book and would love to read another just like it. Well done

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down,, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
If you enjoy supernatural thrillers with enough emotion then Jeff benningtons books are worth reading! I'm off to check out some of his other books. Happy reading, don't have nightmares

5.0 out of 5 stars A- MAZ-ING couldnt put it down, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
The portrayal of the characters was excellent, getting an insight to their lives since the shooting. David Ray was responsible for killing class members, and finally turning the gun on himself-
This goes on to show how it had affected the survivors during the past years; it gives that realistic feel as you get to know them. The character I feel was most effected was Nick who lost somebody very close to him, and turned to the bottle. They all found it difficult meeting for the Reunion, but there were strange happenings and sightings ... And a big twist, which nobody could possibly see coming, after this I really couldn't put the book down, but many old wounds opened up as demons from the past resurfaced, and relationships and yet more lives are put in jeopardy- I don't want to say any more as I feel this is a book you need to read for yourselves to appreciate all its intricacies- I've read many books in the past- but would have to say this- being one of my favourites-

Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller