5.0 out of 5 stars Watch the dog!
Better made than you could ever wish for, Your lad can dive around the garden & living room with gleeful abandon!
Easy to load & easy to fire. Remarkably accurate.
A quality toy, well worth the money and a really pleasing tactile toy... My nephew loves this more than anything & he is a 7year old computer addict.
Can't reccomend this toy enough. Great to...
Published on 28 Nov 2011 by Philip Raw

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, but sights keep getting ejected
It is difficult to find a decent toy crossbow anywhere! Based on previous reviews, decided to purchase this.

Published on 20 Jun 2012 by smartyPants

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch the dog!, 28 Nov 2011
Philip Raw (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)
Easy to load & easy to fire. Remarkably accurate.
Can't reccomend this toy enough. Great to borrow & see how many darts you can stick to the mirror (or shoot the news reader!) Just watch out for sharpened garden canes!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, but sights keep getting ejected, 20 Jun 2012
smartyPants "Smartypants" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)

We are holding an olympics party next month & we want to hold an archery event, but as there are children at the party (and adults mixed with alcohol) we took decision not to buy a real crossbow, but go for a plastic toy one with sucker darts instead!!

Bought this along with the additional sucker darts that are also available on amazon. we find that the sights keep flying off & so will likely be frustrating on the day! But maybe that will add to the fun - always good when you have someone whining that the only reason they didn't win, was because the crossbow is rubbish!!!

I think that the claims on the site that you can fire arrows over 12 metres is somewhat optimistic. Certainly, if you want any sort of accuracy I would probably say no more than 4 or 5 metres.

On that basis I wthink it would be ok for a child, but would probably suggest a Zing Air bow instead. We did want to purchase a Zing Air Bow, but unfortunately those only come with 1 sucker dart. Even their add-on arrow pacs only come with 1 sucker dart & it would have cost a fortune to buy that bow & enough sucker darts for us to have an archery event!

We are slightly disappointed, but will hopefully do on the day & I guess for £9.20, what did we expect?!

3.0 out of 5 stars You will need replacement string!!, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)
The product in itself is okay and my 10yr old boy loves it. However, the string broke after a couple of hours and we are having to replace it frequently. But for the money is lots of fun and the suckers really go quite far and stick to windows great. The target that comes with this bow is what you have to cut out from the box, but again it does its job once stuck to a window/wall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Petron Toy Crossbow, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)
Bought for my son as a Christmas gift. Arrived within 2 days so great service from the retailer.
This crossbow is made of very sturdy thick plasticthat is unlikely to damaged through day to day play.
It is easy to put together with a retaining screw used to hold the bow to the frame.

The crossbow comes with only 3 sucker tipped darts which will are likely to get lost quickly as they are only about 3 inches long. Never fear as you can pick up a dozen Petron darts on amazon for a very reasonable cost.
Toy Crossbow Sucker Darts

I have given this bow a try out in the back garden aiming at Wood pigeons & next doors cat & found the range of the darts is quite impressive( don't worry the darts are harmless!).

The string on the bow is made from a decent thickness cord & can be replaced with similar stuff from your local hardware store for about a quid.

Brilliant little toy that will be loved for a long while, cos if my son doesn't use it then I will!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, powerful shots, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)
This has been a big hit with my two boys (4 and 8). We had one given before and the string eventually boke and the arrows got lost but only after quite a lot of use so I bought another. The darts go with quite a zing (think of a Nurf gun but with plastic darts) and could hurt if they hit someone say in the face, so would not recommend for little ones without supervision. Boys have used ours inside and not broken anything (yet) but they are probably best used outside. A really good fun action toy for rough/tough boys and girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly good build quality, 11 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)
I don't get much time to write reviews but I felt I must for this particular item. I purchased 2 of the crossbow sets for my son's birthdays (ages 6 & 8) I was a little hesitant about ordering at first due to the review referring to poor build quality however, I need not have worried. They are by far the best quality 'weapons' we have ever bought in this price range & they work a treat. I have no reservations about recommending this product. I will certainly be ordering more for all my nephews Christmas presents

3.0 out of 5 stars Very safe fun Crossbow, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)
Instructions state will fire twelve metres but each of the bolts fell way short. No danger of losing the bolts because they don't go out of your eyesight. Much safer than a bow and arrow and a good toy for a toddler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really,really well made toy, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)
None of your nerf gun rubbish here. Plenty of power to shout, hit and stick to targets the full length of our lounge. The best toy I have bought in years. I understand that you can buy extra darts which I would recommend as this is going to last for ages.

I bought this for my 6 year old who loves it but I would think this would be the minimum age for self loading and using safely.

I want one

3.0 out of 5 stars faulty in one day, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)
product was faulty with in 1 day of playing. had to send images to be able to get a new string sent by them. took a week or so, but problem was resolved in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really is fun!, 13 Nov 2011
Belinda L (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fun Crossbow Toy (Toy)
My 12 year old got this for his birthday, and hasn't stopped playing with it since!

It is made of a robust plastic, and feels strong and durable.

It comes with three 'arrows' to shoot, although they are not arrows as such, but short plastic missiles with suckers on the end. The suckers do work and when fired at windows stick well. I would however recommend buying some extra of these, as they can get lost!

The crosssbow shoots straight and over a good distance, say about 12 feet, with quite a bit of power, so will knock over an empty tin can. For that reason do not buy this for the very young as they could do a bit of damage to your ornaments if used in the house!

I love this toy as it requires no batteries, adds an element of competition amongst friends, and is good for all ages, and will also encourage users to go outside and use it in the garden! It is also a good price and makes an excellent birthday gift for a boy or a girl.

Fun Crossbow Toy