5.0 out of 5 stars Repeater Cable and Canon 5D
For many years I have had trouble shooting tethered with Capture One, using a Canon 5D.
The software would regularly crash or the camera not be recognised by the the software.
Published on 29 Feb 2012 by Herbherbert

3.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service
Although this product proved unsuitable, I have to congratulate the company for excellent customer service in resolving the issue. My money was refunded, I was contacted promptly, and at all times the attitude of the representative I communicated with was friendly and professional. One product would not prevent me from using this company in the future.
Published on 15 Feb 2012 by Jeff

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeater Cable and Canon 5D, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: TRIXES 10m USB Active Repeater Extension Cable USB2.0 (Electronics)
All this time I was using a standard USB extension cable until a bright young assistant told me that I should use a repeater cable to avoid the voltage drop that occurs when a USB cable is extended over 3 metres.
This cable has solved my problems and is relatively rugged compared to some I have seen and good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 Mar 2012
Excellent value, good quality and works perfectly. I used to tether a Mac and a large format Epson Printer (A0+) over 8 metres away and had no problems - literally plug and play.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10m usb fab product, 25 July 2011
Brought 2 of these great product does exactly what it said it would. Run 2 HD cams into a laptop. The quality of the image was great and enough cable to do the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeater Extension cable, 2 Feb 2012
V. Fewtrell "Big V" (Cranwell Lincs UK) - See all my reviews
Good seller would use again. No problems at all.
This cable has proved ideal to use my web cam in different places around the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars another clever clever sub 10 piece of kit, 9 Mar 2013
Normally USB leads don't work beyond 3 metres but this works a treat due to active repeater allowing me to use Canon pixma ix6500 a3 printer and Canon 5600f scanner in another room Tried Ethernet Networkig printer via Synology DS212j but you lose some functions so this is ideal Apparently these Trixes can be daisy-chained for greater distances 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, with limitations, 20 Jun 2012
G. Chagas - See all my reviews
This extender works great with an USB hub powering two dongles for a mouse and a keyboard - previously had them 25ft away and the mouse kept freezing - and a USB flash drive at the same time.

However it does not work with a 2.5'' USB powered disk. Connected the disk directly to the repeater and even though the led on the disk flashed briefly, it stopped completely when it was about to spin the disk.

Recommended, but bear in mind that anything that requires more power is not guaranteed to work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Operational claims, 11 April 2012
Just received very promptly by post, after ordering on 9th. April Bank Holiday Monday, and seems to work fine, after first asking seller as to suitability for webcam use away from fixed PC, in other more remote domestic locations. Will keep under review, but so far, am pleased with seller's claims; also no visible webcam picture degradation. Much cheaper as an alternative to buying a wireless web-camera, as initially considered.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 meter USB lead, 31 Aug 2011
Ray (EDINBURGH) - See all my reviews
Great quality No problems with this product moved computer into cupboard and used repeater for a wireless keyboard and mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 21 Sep 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I had to connect up to a printer that was based in another room. Rather than buy a wireless printer I thought I would give this a go. I was a bit concerned that there would be a voltage drop regardless of the repeater, but so far so good. I simply ran the cable under a floorboard to get to the other room, plugged it in and away I went. It was as if the computer and printer were side by side.

I have had the occasional drop out where the printer can no longer be seen, but this is a rare occurrence and a simple unplug/re-plug has the printer running again. I can't say for definite that this is a fault of the cable as it runs alongside part of the house 240v ring main and it could be causing interference. There is shielding on the cable and I think this is helping.

If you are experiencing repeated drop outs or device not being seen it is possible that your port may not have enough current to start with. Whilst they are all 5v, they don't all have the same current - hence why some external drives need 2 usb ports and some ports wont charge iphones. It can also happen if you are using a port that doesn't come directly off the mother board eg front panel or a hub.

3.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service, 15 Feb 2012