on 14 July 2011
We received the TV within two days. After a lot of research we finally decided on this TV. For the price it really is one of the best 22inch TV's on the market. A 22inch FULL HD for under £[]!

Set up was easy and fast. Input connections are great, you can plug in a PC, HDMI and also it has a USB slot which I found after testing will play just about any format of video. I tried it with DivX and it played fine. I even tried playing videos from a WD passport external HD and it worked a treat too, completely smooth all the way through. It plays silde shows of your photos and will also play any music files on your usb drive.

Only three minor gripes.....the first is that there is no off switch (which I think another reviewer mentioned). It is not a major problem, you can leave it on standby or just turn it off at the plug. The remote control is rather sizeable but again.....not a major issue. The one thing that was a little disappointing is that being a full HD TV, I assumed it would have a DVB T2 tuner for the HD channels, I am not sure whether it is my aerial or the TV itself but unfortunately there was no sign of the HD channels. I have tried to locate them with manual tune but that did not work either. As I say though, it could just be my aerial or that it might only receive DVB T.

I would say this tv is superb for the price, I was choosing between Samsung, LG and Toshiba (which I think are the top three for balance between quality and price). I was very surprised by how good the sound quality was too, certainly far better than I expected at that size and price.

Overall I would say, you can't really go wrong with this TV if you are looking for a good quality 22 inch Full HD with plenty of inputs. Very pleased with this product. I would highly recommend it.

And as the TV itself says after tuning.......'enjoy your viewing' (or something like that....if memory serves correct)

I give this TV 4 stars and the only reason I didn't give it 5 is because of the freeview HD issue.

Update 31st July------------------

After having the TV now for long enough to realise what great value it really is. Also, another commenter has pointed out that there was no mention of a DVB T2 tuner on the description. So on this basis I would like to update my rating to 5 stars, this TV is definitely worth the 5.
99 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2011
I would rate this television highly if you do not wish to pay panasonic or sony prices. Good piture quality.

However, be warned. The delivered set kept turning off automatically every 3 minutes. If you go to the samsung uk site, you can download a firmware update to cure this. Download it onto a USB stick, double-click on the download to install (unpack) the software, again onto the USB stick. Do both these tasks using your PC. Then plug the USB stick into the back of the TV and select the firmware upgrade via USB and in a few seconds you will have a tv set that works properly.

If you don't feel comfortable with following this procedure then don't buy this set.

Apart from the firmware upgrade issue I feel sure you will be satisfied with the quality of the set and the picture.
on 27 July 2011
This is a good television, easy to setup and with many features. Be warned though, the Freeview tuner is DVB-T not T2. This means that you cannot receive Freeview HD without another 'box', or go to satellite HD. This said, the picture is excellent and has several adjustments to suit your conditions. The television is well presented and looks good. The USB port is in the middle of the back, which is awkward if the TV is against a wall. An extension cable solves the problem. Overall I do not regret my purchase.
on 19 May 2011
This is a nice TV for standard and high def material. The image requires a bit of time to calibrate with something like the DVE calibration disc but once it's setup correctly it looks very nice. On standard def material it can show some artifacting on motion but nothing too serious and the image definition is a little thin in general. For the price I don't think there's a better TV out there.
on 15 September 2011
This TV was purchased for use in the bedroom/office so the use since purchase has been limited. So far I am very satisfied with the picture and sound quality and the price paid. The only issue that I had was with the method of fixing the base to the TV that requires the two self taping screws to be screwed into molded plastic tubes as it would have been easy to mess the screw heads up. As I was not comfortable with the amount of pressure I was having to use to screw them in I removed them and added a couple of plastic washers to reduce the depth they needed to go.

The Amazon service was as quick as it has always been for me, just three or four days from ordering.
on 27 June 2011
This tv is excellent. I wasn't sure about buying a tv off the internet,but i wasn't disappointed. I would have liked to have viewed the freeview picture before i purchased it but i have to say it is superb,even straight out of the box with no tweaking of the picture settings.Some 22inch tv's are said to be tinny on sound but this has good alround sound.The remote is very nice to use,although a bit on the large size.It also has an excellent usb facility that has played the avi files from my pen drive with no problem. Further more i ordered on the Thursday and recieved on Saturday morning and this was with free delivery!! Well done Amazon.Samsung LE22D450 22-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview
on 3 August 2011
I wanted a telly for my bedroom, the main use would be playing my ps3 on it so i needed an HD television to make full use of the ps3's technical power. At first the TV may look a tad expensive due to its small size, but the tv is 1080p full HD, this makes it worth every penny, the picture is fantastic with crystal clear images. I have used the TV for playing games and watched a few films on it, the picture is great and the sound a though a little low while playing a film, is more than enough for me.
My only complain is with the stand which they provide,it takes a while to fix the screws perfectly and you will need a good screwdriver to do so, but this is a very minor problem, bearing everything in mind i would say that i am very happy with my buy.
So if you need a small but powerful telly, look no further just go for this one.
on 24 July 2011
Excellent tv for the price, good clear quality to the image and colour ratio. could do with two HDMI ports but not put off by that.
on 14 July 2011
The picture quality of this TV is amazing. The settings allow you to adjust both backlight and brightness which was important to me as I have very sensitive eyes. This means pictures are colourful and shadow detail is retained even at low brightness.

I have tested both freeview and PS3 on my TV. Both have been excellent with flawless picture quality.

Highly recommended.
on 9 July 2011
Excellent picture quality and great sound.

Even standard definition content looks good on this TV. There are some oddities around sharp edges, but nothing which degrades the viewing experience.

I'm yet to connect my laptop to the monitor, but I have used my PS3 with it, and even very small text with pixel wide lettering is easily readable.

The TV is great for gaming as it has very little latency even without game mode on, leading to a great gaming experience.