on 16 August 2014
This is a horribly cheap device. Upon taking it out of the box, we plugged it in and nothing happened. The charging light didn't come on. Pressing the button to switch between on, remote control and off somehow made the charging light come on. We realise the cable was loose in the socket and wasn't making good contact. And this device was brand new! The light itself seems to be made from reasonable quality components but the important stuff (like the charger) is one of these nasty, cheap Chinese adapters that break within months. If you were to take this light camping, I can't imagine it would last very long.

Very cheap and not very cheerful. Avoid this one and spend a few more quid on something more robust. Device returned.
on 27 August 2013
Not impressed with this product really. I have purchased Vango items before and thay have been problem free...sorry to say this wasn't. I ordered the lantern and it arrived in time for my camping trip. Opened the box, no instructions. So I went to the Vango site and got a copy there. As instructed, put the latern on charge for several hours. I noticed that the red LED for charging wasn't lighting. Cut a long story short, i returned back to Amazon for a replacment. Two days later that came and there appeared to be a similare problem. The light would come on and flicker whilst charging...possibly a loose connection in side.

Although the price for this is reasonable, i feel the quality has suffered.

Had enough, so sent back for a refund
on 29 October 2013
Bought this light as fed up keep recharging batteries, but this you can plug in to wall before you go for 10 hours or so and has useful car charger too. Lasted us well over our 3 night camping trip and still plenty more energy and light left after if we had stayed on. Didn't use the remote as have a small lantern in sleeping area, but did have a pingle with it ( it's there you got to have a play with it lol) and it worked great. We have a vango tigris 600 and it lit the tent perfectly so can recommend
on 8 February 2013
Well made lantern that works as advertised. The remote means that it can be hung up out of casual reach but switched on and off easily. Battery life seems excellent. It is not the brightest light, though I am using it in a large space and the instructions were poor.
on 5 September 2012
Excellent charged it once and it lasted the week, I was sceptical at first as i bought one of these a couple of years back but not from vango but this lamp performed very well. 10 out of 10
on 2 May 2014
Paid to get it next day delivered and found it wouldn't take charge. Like others have found LED on for 5 seconds then off. Instructions state charge for 16 hours rather than 5 seconds.
Really really annoying as a brand like vango should quality control this stuff rather than pushing out garbage like this
on 14 September 2013
We now have three of these lights for use in our tent.
Wonderful product, plenty of light and long-lasting batteries!
The remote control means you can hang the light up and not have to crawl out of the warm sleeping bag to have to turn it off!!

UPDATE 2015
All three batteries no longer hold a charge - they are sealed lead-acid 4V 4mAh from a far-east country. Seem to be unobtainable in the UK.
Contacted Vango who have replied
"Thanks for contacting Vango Customer Services,
We do not sell replacement batteries for the camping lanterns.
We buy these as a complete unit and do not know where you can source a spare one.
Regards"

I would not purchase anything from Vango if you ever think you might need a replacement part!
on 20 December 2013
Lantern received promptly, as usual with Amazon's service. The item is well-made but not very bright when lit. Maybe I'm not using it properly, difficult to tell when you receive NO INSTRUCTIONS with the item
on 25 November 2013
Bought a variety of rechargeable lanterns over the years as they are great for camping. We do a lot of festivals so we tend to break them regularly. This one however is very sturdy and is functioning as new after some heavy abuse this summer! Love the remote control; hours of fun winding the family up at 2am!
on 30 September 2013
I love the products, 2 lanterns from Vango, exactly what I wanted..... I unpacked them both and hunted around for the instruction sheet, you know the sort of thing...... it tells you not to eat the batteries as it could be dangerous, tells me what part of the product and its packaging can be recycled, tells me not to submerge the product in water blaa blaa blaa, ...... there were NO INSTRUCTION MANUALS IN EITHER BOX. I have no idea whether the products are supposed to come with instructions and when I emailed Vango directly for instructions they completely ignored my email. I am aware that for the rest of the lanterns life they may not achieve their full potential! Will not be buying Vango products again!