on 5 July 2011
This adapter is exactly what I wanted. I just use the microphone port as my headphones are connected to the TV instead.

It sits snug enough on the bottom of the controller. However even though this one is better built than the other one I had (small box, can't remember brand), I feel it could break just by looking at it funny.

This appears to be the most up market adapter I've come across so far though. The market for this kind of product isn't very big at all. This product is the best in a tiny range of competitor products.
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 October 2012
This is great. It does exactly what it says. If you have an Xbox 360, you can plug this in your mic jack on the controller and you can you bigger headphones with a larger mic and audio jacks. Its awesome ;)
on 24 March 2013
After reading bad reviews about this product I was a bit worried but I took the plunge anyway and ordered it.
Well I'm glad I did the adapter works just fine yes the plastic feels like it could crumble in your fingers but if you take extra care then all should be fine.

This was used to connect my pc gaming headset to my Xbox for the game sound to work though the head phones I used a one into two headphone splitter and an extra bit of audio lead so my headset was connected to my controller for Xbox live sound and also to my tv via the audio out sorry if that sounds confusing try YouTube or google on how to do this.

Please ignore others reviews try the adaptor for yourself!

Will update this review should anything change.

5/5
on 28 December 2015
Does what it needs to, lets you use any pc headset with the Xbox 360. Great product!
on 11 September 2014
Great adapter, means I can use any mic or headset for Xbox gaming.
on 28 December 2015
Just what my son wanted .... Thanks
on 15 January 2013
I have tried many of these, and they are all rubbish, I have tried them all with different headsets and controllers but you always get a horrible loud buzzing.
on 29 November 2014
arrived quickly, excellent.
on 17 November 2015
Works just as it should
on 29 July 2012
I took a gamble buying this product after reading very mixed reviews. I desperately needed something that would allow my PC headphones and mike to work on my xbox and this was the only device I could find that would do the job. At £8, I was happy to take a gamble and it paid off...I think. 9 times out of 10 the adapter works perfectly and feels suprisingly sturdy (although its not the kind of thing you want to step on by accident), although every so often my mike does not seem to work. Its not really a problem, as I just have to restart the xbox and it works fine, but is enough of a nuisance to drop 1 star.

It does the job as advertised and at under £10, you might as well give it a shot.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse