5.0 out of 5 stars Really funny and dramatic!
I read this book in almost one sitting. It has a proper chick-lit feeling about it, with just enough romance to keep any woman happy.

Published on 12 May 2011 by Poppet

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry
Published on 15 Jan. 2013 by Morgstar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really funny and dramatic!, 12 May 2011
This review is from: The Taming of the Bastard (Bastard Tales Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

It's pretty clear right from the beginning that this story is going to be about Millie and Sam. And the title of this book sums up the men in it completely. Going to a rugby match as a first date might be a man's wet dream - but I'd rather go to the dentist (seriously).

Needless to say, Sam pushes my buttons. I don't care how gorgeous he is, this man is a cad of note. Add to this his bunch of cavemen friends and boy if you have female hormones in your body there are men in this book you want to physically hurt. You want to wax them - slowly - I am not kidding.

But what this tells you about The Taming of The Bastard, is that LA Dale kicks ass at moving your emotions around. She knows where your emotional remote control is and she's pushing all the right buttons to get you to react. At one point I got up just to bitch at my husband about the men in this book. I told him, it makes me eternally grateful I have a man like him (two thumbs up from my hubby LA Dale).

However, you may not like beer guzzling, rugby watching walls of walking muscle, but what this book most definitely is, is funny. I laughed so much reading this. (In between wanting to decapitate Neanderthals). It takes a lot to make me laugh like that, and it's usually someone like John Bishop making me laugh, but this book rivals Helen Fielding. Seriously, if you loved Bridget Jone's Diary, you will LOVE this book. Every word, the entire plot to the men, Helen Fielding finally has some competition.

LA Dale has done an incredible task of making a story have depth, with shocking lows and hilarious highs. It's a very difficult balance to pull off. If you love chick-lit and Bridget type romances - get this book because you WILL love it!!!

And a note to the author from me - I want to murder that auburn haired horror, I really do.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Taming of The Bastard, 28 Jun. 2012
Taming of The Bastard is a fun filled novel that fans of Chick Lit are sure to love.
Millie works in a pub and falls for the man of her dreams. Sam,a handsome rugby player,
falls for Millie. The novel tells the tale of two single people, who risk their independence,
to try to find love and trust in a relationship, while associating with wild friends and colleagues.
Some of the language is a bit different for Americans, as the novel takes place in Australia,
but easily understood and a fun romp, especially for Chick Lit Lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taming of the Bastard, 4 May 2012
A really excellent read where on several occasions I actually laughed out loud. It's easy to read and I will definitely read it again when I need a quick 'pick me up'

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, can't wait for the next in the series., 24 Aug. 2012
I loved this book, it was funny, dramatic and hard to put down! A true chick lit book. The characters are very well written and the story line is great. Can't wait for the next in the series! This book and perhaps perhaps (as they were freebies) have made me buy the rest of Dales books and I can honestly say I am not disappointed in any of them. I thoroughly recommend them to people who enjoy a good witty book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, very funny and a cheap kindle read. well worth it!, 29 July 2012
Bought this as it was cheap and i needed an easy read. The book was so much more than i expected. So much so that i have bought a couple more of the authors books.
Fab story, nice characters and a fantastic ending. I didnt want it to end.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, 15 Jan. 2013
The other reviews for this book were a bit mixed, but I'm afraid I'm with the negative reviews. The original premise is on solid ground with the title character being a Mr Darcy meets rugby bogan type, but the story then spirals into predictable at best whilst unrealistic and boring at worst. The often confusingly drawn or one-dimensional characters have inexplicable and mixed motivations that are never explained or explored. All in all, the book comes across as a often crass and quite uncomfortable read. Sorry. However, those who see themselves in these characters will most probably enjoy it more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 July 2012
This book was brilliant...u don't want to put it down!! Really looking forward to the next book "the bastard takes a wife"

4.0 out of 5 stars okay but a bit juvenile for me, 4 Jun. 2013
I think this book is written for the 40-year-old or younger. I was astonished at the way the men behaved if this book and I assume it is how people be in real life and in fact I was not at all impressed. I felt that the young man with all his background would have behaved far better known to behave better.
This is okay read but it is fairly light. I thought the ending could have been improved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 31 Mar. 2013
After not being sure what to expect, I can honestly say I enjoyed the book. Millie was endearing and Sam was mostly endearing (as much as any sports mad bloke can be to a non sports mad woman)! Enough make believe added to make it sweeter!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea - terrible writing, 22 May 2013
I bought this, and the follow up 'The Bastard Takes a Wife' because the premise sounded very good. I did not read more than a few pages - I didn't like the language and I'm not used to this sort of thing. Wish I hadn't wasted my money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›