Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 July 2011
This keyboard-case is very good. It is well-made from synthetic leather-like plastic (vinyl?) and does not feel cheap and nasty in any way. It has a magnetic clasp that works perfectly to hold the whole lot securely closed.

The fold-out 'prop' on the lid also works perfectly well and also has a magnetic clasp.

The keyboard really is very pleasing to use - feels nice and positive and doesn't seem
too small for my sausage-fingers.

I've taken off a star because the USB connector has to be 'stuffed along the back of the keyboard'
as best you can when closing the case. This is a bit awkward and feels like you're cramming it in
(which you are). The case does however stay closed when you do shut it all inside.

It came with a cheapo but perfectly functional stylus too!

A great product that does it's job more than well enough to justify what I think is a reasonable price. (about £[]).

John B
on 13 July 2012
This is a lovely case. I'm using it with a Ployer Momo8 Bird, and it's a lovely fit. It comes with a USB to micro-USB plug, so it will work with any tablet. The keyboard is nice and responsive and is perfectly adequate for emails, reviews, etc.

This would have been a 5 star review but for 2 minor niggles.

First, there are no clips on the sides, so if you are not careful, your tablet could slip out. I solved this problem by spending 28p on two small strips of self adhesive velcro, and sticking them to my tablet and case. No slipping out now!

The other niggle could be important for some, but for me is only minor. There is no pound symbol on the keyboard, only a dollar symbol. As a UK user, this could be quite annoying. It may be just me, but I haven't figured out a way to get a pound symbol, so if anyone figures it out, please comment!

Not a niggle, but something to be aware of, is that the keyboard layout is not standard, so you have to get used to looking in a different place for some of the symbols.

Overall, a nice product, but not quite perfect. Still well worth the price however.
on 12 July 2012
This product is ok. However, it is not well designed and ones precious tablet can easily slide out of it when picked up. I know this as it happened to my son who managed to watch his new tablet slip out of the case and onto stone steps. Crack crash and tears. A simple thing would have been to make sure a tablet is securely fastened with adequate fixings but alas that is not the case in this case. It is ok but not good enough.
on 29 August 2012
Bought this with a Momo8 and it works like a dream, but be very very very careful when closing with tablet inside. Because it is supplied with a full size USB plug and you have to use the supplied adapter to get it to work (with most tablets l assume) you have to make sure to tuck the plug well out of the way or, if you pack the lead in the hinge part of the cover it can move as it is shut and crack the screen of the tablet rendering the capacitive screen useless. What a shame it is a blot on a good item. Why oh why is it not supplied with the mini plug fitted as this will be its standard plug for tablets.
Good product let down by poor thought!!
on 30 January 2012
Great Value, very nice product, protects my tablet well, acts as a stand and the keyboard works well, only shame is it needs an adapter to change to mini usb what tablets use full size USB? otherwise would have given it 5*
on 20 September 2011
This is a nice little case; the keyboard is a bit small, but it works flawlessly once you adjust to it. The case allows you to prop up the tablet like a laptop which is nice too. The only draw back is that it doesn't protect the tablet completely with keeping it in place when it is closed. It has latches on the top and bottom, but nothing on the sides to the left or right to keep it from sliding out of the case; no idea why they didn't add this into the design? 3 1/2 stars!
on 17 September 2012
I purchased this leather case/keyboard at the start of September, to complement the 8" android tablet I had also ordered (I must emphasize, from another company). The case arrived pretty promptly and a few days later so did my tablet. They worked great together and the tablet fitted snugly into the case.

A few days later when the tablet was being carried in the case, the tablet slid out of the case and fell to the ground, breaking it on impact. I have sent my tablet away to be repaired, at a cost of £24 postage (it may end up being more for return, who knows), and contacted the manufacturers of the case and told them of my plight. They say the keyboard is not at fault and no-one else has complained about it. I hadn't read all the reviews re: the case, but wish I had. They refuse to accept any blame or responsibility for the incident but this would never have happened had they designed their product carefully and with due attention to characteristics of tablets within.

In an email from AFUNTA (the keyboard manufacturers) to myself, they said "Maybe your tablet's size is not suitalbe for it, you should test it with your tablet firstly, we have sold this keyboard case for so long time, it seems there is no such complaim before this"

If you have a look through all the reviews of this item you will see this is definitely not the first time tablets have slipped from its grasp...nor, I suspect, will it be the last.

Be careful before choosing this keyboard, that's all I'm saying, because the supplier just doesn't want to know about any discrepancies regarding their product.

Pros: Good looking, keyboard works, sturdy enough for price
Cons: Doesn't hold tablet on four edges, company accepts no responsibility for damage caused to your tablet which is considerably more expensive than their unit.
on 20 November 2012
I ordered this keyboard when I realised there must be a better way to write emails on my Archos Arnova 8 G2 dual touch tablet - I find it impossibly long-winded using the touch screen. I had no idea these little beauties existed and when I started looking, couldn't believe how cheap they are either!

So it arrived this morning and I have since written several emails over the course of the day. First of all it really is as simple as plug it in and off you go. There are two micro usb adaptors and the smaller one fitted my tablet perfectly. Your device slots into the top section, held in place by a sliding adjustable clip at the centre top, and two fixed holders at the bottom. There is a stand, which means you can sit at any table or rest it on say, a hard book on your knee, if you want to type on the sofa like me!! Then just open your email programme and go! The only key I found in an unusual place is the apostrophe, but I'm already getting used to that. Arrow keys worked fine. Very easy to touch type using this keyboard, the keys are big enough unless you've got extra-large fingers and it is very responsive.

Other reviewers have mentioned that the usb may scratch the tablet screen when not in use. I say, leave the cable hanging outside the case and there's no danger of that. I haven't noticed the tablet wanting to slip out of the holders either, but I am aware of this potential issue and will take care to carry safely.

All in all, I am super pleased with this product, it will be used every day and make a big difference to how I use my tablet!!

Thankyou for reading.
on 4 July 2012
This is a great little hard case to cover my new Momo8 Bird tablet. I have found the keys responsive although a little small for a ham fisted typist like myself but, as i use only two fingers to type its not that big a problem.

As mentioned in previous reviews the delete button does not work. I contacted the seller who replied within 10 minutes, informing that the support team was in China and that they would deal with my request.

The team did reply however, their answer was comical. They suggested that if I like DIY I should carefully take apart the case and see if any dirt or debris was blocking the key or check on the internet for a fix. I do like DIY but I would never take apart a brand new item just to check if debris was stopping a key from depressing. As you can see from the pictures the case is stitched together and I am not about to undo all that stitching just to see if a bit of debris is inside.

The delete key not working is not a big hassle so I will live with it. The case has two metal clasps at the bottom to hold the tablet and a third spring mounted clasp to hold the top. The top clasp can be adjusted with a little bending to fit the tapered sides of the Momo8 so that the metal does not dig into the screen.

As you would expect using the keyboard does reduce the battery life some what but, I just remove it when I am not using it. Besides the delete key I can not fault it really and that is why I dropped off one star.
on 13 January 2013
This is a pretty good case, especially for the price. The keyboard has a full-size USB male lead, and there are two tiny (no wires-just a block) USB female to micro and mini USB male adapters. The pictures don't show this as of writing. The fake leather and stitching seems high quality and durable. The holders are spring-loaded and adjustable - and hold my 8" tablet firmly. I suppose it could slide out of the case if flung onto a bed - you could mod the case a bit if you're concerned.

The two adapters (well, the mini USB one is probably useless to you) are capable of functioning as OTG adapters on any other device - I don't know why most of the OTG adapters on the market are cables. This small block version is much more convenient IMHO.

I did find that enabling NumLock and CapsLock simultaneously sometimes makes the corresponding LED lights go haywire, but I can confirm that this is a flaw in Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (haven't tested other versions of Android, but I do know it's a problem which has plagued UNIX-like systems for a while) Rebooting the tablet sorted it out. Also, Android doesn't use the F1-F12 keys so you can always remap them to other keys (like back, home, volume, power, etc) by rooting your device and copying /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl to /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0e8f_Product_0040.kl and then editing the file. It would be interesting if anyone else gets a different vendor/product iD...