1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Two great songs make this album into a must have., 8 Mar 2010
Richard Loder "good old country music" (Manchester,England.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Your Tender Loving Care (Audio CD)
When I originally bought this album as a vinyl LP in 1967, I thought that what I was holding was a bunch of left overs from various recording sessions. True, the songs were recorded at different sessions over a couple of years, but I should have trusted Buck Owens more, and realised that he didn't put out duff albums.
And this certainly isn't a dud. As standouts it contains two really lovely songs, performed beautifully. Only You(Can Break My Heart), written by Buck, and House of Memories, written by Merle Haggard. I defy anyone to remain unmoved after listening to these.
The rest of the material isn't bad either, Sam's Place gets a run out, and the Buckeroos sound is as together as ever. You cannot tell that these tracks were from different sessions, a mark of the professionalism of all concerned.
Over the years I liked the album more and more; now it is available from Sundazed in pristine sound with more facts in the booklet than you can shake a stick at. Sometimes in life you get lucky.

Your Tender Loving Care