4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Pressures
The mixed reviews this album's got kind of put me off a bit to begin with but now I've bought it I'm glad I did. It's not quite up to the level of Midnight Boom but the stand out tracks are so good they would fit on that album easy. Nail in My Coffin thumps it out something fearsome and Baby Says has been in my head for days. The opening bars of Damned If She Do are...
Published on 21 July 2011 by Adele Dylan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what i had hoped for
The Kills are one of those bands that i have liked since their first album and have enjoyed their progression over time. Midnight Boom was a great album and quite different to No Wow before it, but Blood Pressures to me is maybe a step too far.
By that i mean the production, the songwriting and the delivery have all moved to a place i personally don't enjoy so much...
Published on 26 April 2011 by JTAgnes

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the same really, 7 Jun 2011
PJ Sturdee (Dunstable) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
Not sure I'll get another Kills album after this one, they're all starting to sound a bit samey. Might be me getting old though...

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
I bought this CD as a Christmas Present so not really able to comment but had no complaints so rated 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars The kills Blood Pressures, 18 Aug 2012
Sara Ferreira - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
This is another good album from this fantastic group. I strongly recomend if you like rock and nicely done music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega hit album !, 2 Aug 2012
Dmitry Markov (Smolensk, Russia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
I think this is one of the best albums of music in recent years. My favorite album of The Kills. Fantastic record !
That's all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Jun 2012
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
The product was in really good state when I received it and this album is still awesome! Got the product on time as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Mar 2012
Mr T "meltcity" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
This is without a doubt one of my favourite albums. Simple but effective and full of top tunes. Punky, arty rock-n-roll. It's so good I'm lost for words.

4.0 out of 5 stars steady pressure., 18 April 2011
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
it's not the best out put by the kills, but still very enjoyable.

perhaps a little less of the angst that featured the the previous ones which perhaps is key to the atmosphere created by them,

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great,unique album from a great,unique band, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
From the moment I pressed play I was blown away. I was worried that having a few years off, they would have lost their edgyness, but no.The sound is still so rough,dark and edgy....just how I like it. They are not everyones cup of tea, but I get that-and I think they do to. This is so much better than the current chart music. (The guy giving it 1 star can run along to his boyzone reunion tour concert now!) I was at the gig last week, and although a lot of music was from the new album(which can be a hard listen even if its your favourite band) it still showed that they are somthing special. This one wont be leaving my car stereo for a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars Has it's moments but..., 20 April 2011
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
The Kills have recorded some great garage rock/punk songs, unfortunantly not many on this record. Still full of some wonderful wailing guitar, and Alison Mosshart's vocals are as snarling as ever, but ultimatly this is a disapointment.

There are no real stand out tracks, a handful of good but not great songs, and a lot of filler. I really wanted to enjoy this record more, the earlier ones are great, but I can't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Their Best, 4 April 2011
L. M. Vaughan "vaughan" (Grimsby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Pressures (Audio CD)
I agree with the above. Much more refined than their previous material, which I also like. It feels more polished, but still retains the rough sound that they are known for. Loads of depth to the sound and some killer songs on here, my favorite of theirs. Buy it!

Blood Pressures