on 13 July 2012
Bought this to replace my old, well worn Black & Decker strimmer. Read all the reviews and liked what I read. My old strimmer had the reflex auto line feed (single line) which is brilliant, and trouble free. Have not been disappointed, does the job with ease, good value for money. Only criticism is I find it heavier to handle than my older one but small price to pay for the power of its motor.
on 25 June 2013
I burned two strimmers out last year so decided to spend a bit more and it was worth it. Used this strimmer 3 times on a large garden and seems OK not sure it is auto line feed if so mine doesn't do it or I don't know how it works, I just losen the feed and pull a bit out which is better than automatic feed. I have removed the guard to get into small areas. Plenty power and cord lasts a while. Mine came with a spare spool full of cord so you won't need to but an extra one the spools can also be rewound with any cord you can but from the £1 shop. Electric cable is short but they all are.
on 8 August 2013
This strimmer is a powerful and efficient model but after only one use in a medium sized garden the spool was empty.
I hope that it came with a 'sample' length and that when a full spool is used better results will be obtained.If this is not the case it will prove to be a costly exercise.

8th September UPDATED REVIEW

After purchasing a new spool in case the original was only a sample length,we gave this strimmer another chance............

Powerful it is but far too expensive to use as the spool is used up very quickly,we replaced our 25 year old model with this B & D and assumed that due to the price tag and reputation it would give us many years good service.

I am very disappointed and will now have to look for a cheaper alternative as the outlay for replacement spools along with the
unacceptable service provided makes this a very bad buy.............BEWARE !
on 30 June 2013
Not a bad strimmer, not too heavy and cuts through the weeds and grass. Effective on edges too. It self feeds the cutting cord, which is useful except that the cord runs out fast. My cord reel was used up in one session on a medium sized, albeit overgrown garden. A replacement reel costs circa £4 per reel, but you can buy the cord alone. It was just the inconvenience of running out before completing the job that bugged me. So order additional cord reels! The electrical cable is not detachable.
on 29 May 2012
This trimmer has lots of features that makes it a great addition for any homeowner with landscaping chores.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I also have a medium sized Petrol trimmer so I often felt like this trimmer struggled with larger clumps of grass or larger weeds. Other than that, its a great machine.

First its great for light trimming of grass and edging more than that and it struggles.

The tool itself is also feels well made and durable. I also love the pivoting head that rotates to make the unit more ergonomically depending on whether you are weeding or edging.

In many ways (weight, comfort, and balance) I like this much more than my larger gas trimmer. If it weren't for the lack of power that i am used to, I would likely completely replace my petrol model.
on 10 June 2013
Powerfull but can't afford the strimmer line the way it gets through it. A new reel will do either the front or the back garden but not both and dont bother buying the replacement line to wind yourself as that only lasts seconds!! Can't believe it can get through it so quickly it must be hacking a cm off each time it goes round. Think it will have to go back!!
on 24 May 2013
Having recently bought a qualcast gt25 strimmer (absolute rubbish) and had to return it to a local DIY shop I set about sourcing a black and decker having had one for many years which served me well. Black and decker once again have not let me down. A simple yet powerful strimmer that does what it says on the box. Unfortunately shops don't seem keen to stock black & decker they prefer the rubbish makes and models. Stick with black & decker as they have mastered effective strimmer manufacture. You won't be sorry.
on 28 June 2013
I ignored the reviews and bought a Bosch 500W strimmer to replace my old B&D one - big mistake! It was all the bad things the other reviewers said about it and went straight back to the shop. Unusual for Bosch because their lawnmowers and hedge cutters are just fantastically good.
Anyway not wanting to get it wrong again I followed the reviews this time and bought the B&D strimmer. It is light, powerful, extremely easy to use and simply the best I have owned!
on 21 June 2013
I have owned and extensively used a Black & Decker strimmer for at least 25 years and when the head fell off due to the plastic going brittle I was a little disappointed to say the least , so I purchased this one and first I was very pleased with the delivery time and secondly the new strimmer is of excellent quality and construction and I have no doubt whatsoever that it will see me out easily
on 28 April 2013
Just purchased this Strimmer and have only used it twice but I love it. I bought it to replace a qualcast twin line that was RUBBISH. I should have sent it back but stupidly persevered (should have smashed it against a wall). I will never buy another piece of qualcast equipment because of this. So far the line on this strimmer hasn't broken once and the auto feed works well. As a bonus it came with a spare reel full of line. If I have one small niggle, and it is small,there is no means of tidying the line. Otherwise it is brilliant and i can highly recommend it