5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic water protection for my Kindle
Published on 6 Sep 2011 by Australis

1.0 out of 5 stars This would be brilliant if I could operate my Kindle Touch in it...
Yep - does what it says...it's 100% waterproof. Unfortunately it proves absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to operate the Kindle Touch whilst it's inside this pouch. You press the screen to move on a page and nothing happens, so you press it again a bit harder, and it skips to the next chapter, or tries to change the font size, or takes you to the home page...just about everything...
Published on 2 Sep 2012 by Adele

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic water protection for my Kindle, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: Proporta BeachBuoy - Waterproof eReader Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Touch Kindle 4 Kindle 3 Kindle Wi-Fi / Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi / Kindle Paperwhite PW Touch 4 3 Google Nexus 7 - Up to 5 metres - approved by the British Standards Institute
This product is brilliant. I took it on holiday and it does exactly what it says. I had my kindle securely placed inside the Beachbuoy, and I could read whilst in the pool. I mean whilst IN the pool, not on a floating bed or anything like that. It was brilliant, I sat in the jacuzzi and read with water coming halfway up the case but my Kindle remained bone dry. It even floated on the water while I was reading - perfect for lazing about in the pool. Highly recommend it- but do first test the product as it recommends before you put it to use with your kindle in it.
I was a waking advert for this product - so many people got excited when they saw it- a truly waterproof case, not just water resistant. This is the best purchase I have ever made - other than my Kindle of course!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job admirably, 13 July 2011
After searching through Amazon for the most suitable waterproof case I settled on this one. It does the job perfectly. Very easy to put my Kindle in and out and because the case is soft and malleable I can turn it on and off by manipulating the sliding power switch through the bag no problems at all. I use the case for reading in the bath so I removed the lanyard that comes with it as I'm not likely to loose it. It is light weight, waterproof and makes reading my Kindle in the bath possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Job done, 16 Aug 2011
After buying 2 other "waterproof" cases for my new Kindle I was not happy with the quality or the style of either, so went for the Proporta one. Like all of the products I've bought from them over the years, its well made, looks good and does exactly what its supposed to do. Just wish I'd looked a bit harder first and seen this before I bought the other two, still they will do as backups.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 3 Feb 2013
I did use this to the max whilst in the Dominican- however be careful ! I kept my Kindle in the cover whilst in my air-conned room then by the pool and the Kindle couldn't handle this and it fried. I kept the cover on to avoid sun tan oil etc from ruining my Kindle , this was a mistake i wont make again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bliss!I can now read my kindle whilst floating in the swimming pool! (At least, I can when I'm not chatting! LOL!), 22 Aug 2012
E. Heckingbottom "elaineheck143" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Five years ago, i sussed how to read a paperback in the pool; but last year, I was incredibly frustrated as I didn't want to risk getting my kindle splashed and so I had to keep getting out of the pool in order to read. This year, it has been very different! With a 'spaghetti tube' under my arms, I have floated around the pool, reading my kindle! Woohay!!!!! It's been brilliant! Friends' children have helped to test the quality of the product by dive bombing me at regular intervals, and my kindle has remained dry (although my glasses have been well and truly splashed!) It has resulted in a great many enquiries from other e-book readers (of all nationalities) around the pool.

So why only 4 stars for the product that has changed my life in Spain? Basically, because I have found it very hard to seal the 'zip' sections and so I cannot be fully confident that the case is 100% waterproof.

Splashproof - definitely. It's been well and truly tested (thank you Lucas, Caiomhe, Jamie, Robert, Eleanor, William, Amy, James, Holly, Evie, Freya, Zoe and all the other kids in the pool!)
Waterproof - I'm far too protective of my kindle to allow the many willing volunteers - child and adult - to test this aspect! (Sorry to spoil your fun, everybody!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spend all day reading in the pool, 14 Aug 2012
I. Waters - See all my reviews
Spent a week reading kindle in the pool, its waterproof, floats, easily readable, can get at all the buttons as the case is flexible, and it stops dirt getting into kindle - great all round. Wife was jealous, cant recommend enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem solved, 7 Nov 2011
The BeachBuoy has just solved a new, but irksome problem. I have had several disasters with conventional books which got soaked at bath-time when I nodded off, so when I got my Kindle a few months ago, I knew I couldn't use it for reading in the bath (one of life's great pleasures for me). But this was irritating because sometimes I just wanted to carry on reading the item on my Kindle. I was very surprised (and a little disbelieving) when a friend told me that you could get waterproof covers for Kindles. However, after a quick Internet search, I found the BeachBuoy which was delivered with remarkable speed. The plastic on the front is very soft and flexible, so that the Kindle controls can be easily managed. A life-enhancer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 26 Oct 2011
James Renals (London (not the one in CT or ON)) - See all my reviews
More utilitarian than elegant perhaps but a simple and effective design. Double seal heavy duty plastic bag - ideal for taking your Kindle to the beach as it keeps out sand and crèmes as effectively as water. One can operate the device whilst still in the bag. Has the additional quality of camouflaging one's Kindle to make it less obvious to thieves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent safeguard for Kindle, 17 Aug 2011
Although I keep my Kindle in a secure case that protects it from everyday knocks, nevertheless I am concerned if I have it somewhere around when it rains or if I am in a dirty place such as a wood or the beach. This case is the answer. The Kindle fits easily inside and can be operated through the closed case.
I sealed some tissue paper in the case and submerged it under water for about a minute. The tissue came out perfectly dry. A worthwhile investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Here, there, verywhere a Kindle......, 23 Aug 2012
Bought this for a birthday present. My daughter says it's wonderful and can now take the Kindle when she goes for a "Me Time" bath. Hoping someone will get me one for Christmas.............!!