5.0 out of 5 stars another author for me, 5 May 2011
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: A Marriage of Inconvenience (Kindle Edition)
A new author for me and I really enjoyed it.

The story flowed really well and I was drawn into it from the beginning. I really liked the character of Lucy, she was quite naive in the beginning and I really enjoyed the way the story progressed and how much she grew up and became a much stronger character and came into her own.
James was a very well written male character and what I liked about him over other male characters in this genre was that he wasn't perfect and he had his flaws, and it made him seem more real.
Sebastian was a total slimeball and didnt get how the other characters couldnt see right through his so-called "charm".

I actually found that I couldnt put this down and I love finding a new author that makes me enjoy a story so much. I think if you enjoy historical romances then you will enjoy this one. Definately an author to watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plain Girl Wins The Day, 15 April 2011
Mrs. Leanne A. Lingwood (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Marriage of Inconvenience (Kindle Edition)
This book was given to me to review and the following opinions are my own.

Lucy is shocked when Sebastian asks her to marry him but agrees as she has been infatuated with him for years, but when they attend his sister's wedding everything changes. During one of the wedding events Lucy meets James and Anna and notices Sebastian is instantly attracted to Anna. But Lucy is drawn to James and when James finds out who she really she is he doesn't back away but instead is more drawn to her. Soon a family problem changes everything and Lucy's life forever.

I really enjoyed this story and I couldn't help but feel sorry for Lucy who has gone through so much in her life and wish she gets some happiness. She feels drawn to James and eventually when events change things they come together and Lucy starts to experience some happiness but of course nothing runs smooth. When Lucy promises Sebastian her word on something it causes problems later on when it is revealed and you just feel for her again. James a very controlled character and he likes being in control of everyone and when things become out of his control he can't take it. He manages to lose it and take his anger out on Lucy which nearly wrecks their lives forever.

Really sweet love story and it is always extra special when the unlikely girl gets the man and have women jealous of her.

A Marriage of Inconvenience