5.0 out of 5 stars A little rauncy....love it
As soon as I started reading this it grabbed my attention....there was a few emotions running through this book which suited me fine...laughter,tears(I'm a softie!!)and a good old dash of raunch.
Can't wait to read more in this series. Quite tasteful without being "Older lady stalks younger man" type. Good storyline with a good clean ending
Published on 5 Jun 2011 by Don't look Ethel

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me!
Got to about chapter 5 and gave up. Just a lot of "isn't she beautiful and perfect" - prefer a book which is a bit more real life myself.
Published on 17 Jun 2011 by towner

5.0 out of 5 stars A little rauncy....love it, 5 Jun 2011
This review is from: Dating A Cougar: Book One of the Never Too Late Series (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Never too late, 6 Jun 2011
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I was really surprised by this story, pleasantly so I may say. Alexa is a fifty year old ex-model and underwear designer. She is going to a party, her daughter Jenna has a boyfriend called Seth. Jenna has asked Alexa to come to the party to meet Seth's only relation Casey. The minute she shakes Casey's hand she feels a connection between them Casey feels it to. A short while later Casey turns up at Alexa's business he is attracted to Alexa and is determined to take it further, Alexa is not having any of this she is fifty whereas he is only thirty-eight. Undaunted Casey is stubborn and refuses to give in. The growing relationship between them was a real pleasure to read it was written with a deft touch by the author, I believe this is just one book that is part of a series of stories between couples who are older. I shall certainly be checking out more of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dating a Cougar, 31 May 2011
Fabulous. I wasn't too sure whether this might turn out to be a book whereby older women are just having a whinge about the dating pool, nothing like it. Alexa was an interesting character being pursued by the younger Casey Carter. Quality chick lit. It had funny moments and raunchy bits. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly fun and saucy, just what is needed on a weekday!, 16 Nov 2011
I have to say I USUALLY hate this kind of book, but Donna Mcdonald weaves her characters in a way that you relate to all of them in some way. While many people are judgeing the book on its plot basis I shall point out, who wants a book based on the everyday normality of most of us? Thats why we read to escape the mundane crap that can often make us wish we were else where.
Back to the book I really loved the underlining theme of the book, about the struggle of love at a older age and deadly wish you create more books and continue to do so for a as long as you can. The only Author I can compare Donna to is Lauren K Hamilton (Anita Blake series).
As a serving solder, I esp liked the part of how Casey manages to find love and the way he goes about it. Nothing like making us all want a happy ending we all desire in the end!

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me!, 17 Jun 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Dating a Cougar, 21 April 2012
Good summer read, if going on holiday, throughly enjoyed it, was easy to get into and I didnt want to put it down, although at the end it finished quite abruptly as if there is meant to be a follow on book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, 2 Nov 2011
Mrs. S. M. Matthews (Kettering, Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
When you get a book for nothing it would be ungracious to be too hard on it. I quite fancied it from the the blurb and I enjoyed the opening. I like the two central characters, too, even though they're able to get into arguments over nothing at the drop of a hat.

But I would prefer more plot. Much more. I've given up at about 69% of the way through the book.

I suspect this is a self-published book. Not all self-published books lack editing - but some of them do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent new find!, 8 April 2012
Laura W (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I'm new to this author and what a find! I thoroughly enjoyed this story and can't wait to read the rest in the series. I love it when the female character is an older lady and Casey was a great 'toy boy'...I wouldn't mind one myself!! I loved all the characters and the style of writing. I'm excited now to read the other books by Donna McDonald.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 11 Jun 2011
i only downloaded this because i had jst got ma kindle and wanted to try it out, well i was really surprised when i started reading and couldnt put it down was a good read, good story and interesting went on to buy the other 2 books in this series and am currently waiting on 4th cant wait to read it would deffo recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't even finish it, 31 July 2013
Hot ageing ex model with tons of money and an ex marine who us younger than her want to bed each other and this goes on for several chapters until they finally get I'm bed. Boring, I had to stop reading half way through nothing happens!

ARRAY(0xaf6e0d68)