5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and reliable
I was wary about buying this as I have tried to use similar in the past and they have just not worked.

However, I was fed up with trailing leads on my desk when then weren't plugged into anything, so I bought this, more expensive than most, retracting cable.

Published on 4 May 2013 by Dave M

1.0 out of 5 stars Tangled on first use.
Got impossibly tangled when first tried to use. Do not buy unless you have infinite patience.
Published 3 months ago by Richard Stubley

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and reliable, 4 May 2013
Dave M (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Belkin 1.5m RJ45 Male to Male Cat5e Snagless Patch Cable - Grey (Accessory)

All I can say is that it is excellent and I highly recommend it. You get what you pay for and the cheaper options just haven't worked for me in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've found, 16 Nov. 2012
As long as 1.5m is long enough this is the best retractable cable I've used so far. Other cables are very thin and flat, with means you have to concentrate when they wind up in case they get snagged, fold over and then don't work. Sooner rather than later this always happens.
The other thing which is great so far is that the RJ45 plugs at either end are pretty robust - which is important if you're plugging in and unplugging regularly. On previous (cheaper) versions the little tags have broken off.
I'd always pay a bit more and get this one now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin cables, 4 Feb. 2014
I've had loads of Belkin products over the years and whilst they are not the cheapest they are always the best quality, worth paying the extra. - Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Retractable Cat5e Cable, 20 May 2015
Ideal product as takes up very little space when it is rolled-in. I have had no issue with data transmission using this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tangled on first use., 3 Feb. 2015

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous entanglement, 23 May 2014
Dr Gautam Sen "Tilak" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Got impossibly entangled the moment its was pulled out. No don't tell me, one has to be careful in some way or attend a Youtube seminar to figure out ho to use this stupid device! Silly really!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what ir's meant to, 28 July 2013
There really nothing to say about this item - it does what it says it will and nothing more. Problems with other Belkin items has led me to review how I look at them as a company and I doubt I'd purchase more of their gear. High price and general lack of inate quality seems to be the norm at Belkin these days.