5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ITEM
Published on 5 Mar. 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to a poaching pan.
These were so cheap I didn't expect them to be any good but I was surprised.

As long as you oil or spray the inside of the mould, your egg will come out with ease.
Buoyancy can be an issue but they are quite deep so they bob about a lot but do not capsize.
No strange taste or smell when using them either.

They do feel cheap though.
I...
Published 12 months ago by Madeofbraille

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ITEM, 5 Mar. 2012
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
Bought these and they are great but you must remember to wipe a little cooking oil into each one before cracking egg in them this stops them sticking when you remove the eggs. Also please make sure you put saucepan lid on or they wont cook properley, its the build up of steam under the lid that cooks them evenly. Medium eggs take 5 mins but bring water up to a simmer before adding the eggs in, only cook in about 5 cms of water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little things, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
I've bought two sets of these and have just ordered some for my Mam and Aunty. They are great. No mess, no fuss and perfect eggs every time.
I've read some of the poor reviews for these and honestly don't know what people are doing. I'm no cook but even I can use these! And even more telling - my Husband can use them too!
I'm on Slimming World so simply spray each one a couple of times with some Fry Lite, crack the egg into the pod, lower the pod into a boiling pan of water, put the lid on and cook for 6 minutes. I get perfect eggs every time.
You get a slight amount of water on top of the egg which you can just tip off - be careful when doing this though as my eggs slide out very easily!
As for getting them out of the pan - loads of people seem to have problems with this. I just use a ladle and I never have any bother.
A couple of people have mentioned that they are hard to clean - I've never found this. I've only ever used Fry Lite to grease though, and mine wipe clean with no bother at all.
I love them and would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars silicone Egg Poachers, 22 April 2012
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
These are very good, just oil before putting egg in and remember to place lid on saucepan so that the eggs poach properly. Good value saves buying an egg poaching pan and works just as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars eggsactlyright, 10 Mar. 2012
Mr. G. Holliday (SCUNTHORPE UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased 2 sillicone egg poachers and have been highly delighted with them, they work beautifully especially if you lightly grease with butter or oil before putting the egg in. A very good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Trouble-free Poaching, 4 July 2011
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
I don't have much luck with traditional poaching in simmering water and the eggs stick to the ordinary hard plastic poachers, so I tried these silicon types and found they give good results with very little sticking - very good value at the offer price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg poachers, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
Never tried these before so, brought some as I needed some! Take a bit longer to cook but worth the wait. They meet all expectations! :))))))

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value silicone egg poaching moulds, 27 Sept. 2012
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent value and do the job. The insides do need lightly oiling otherwise eggs stick and I was caught out on the first use. Ideal for our motorhome as they are compact and soft, in fact they help as packing to stop pots rattling!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect poached eggs, 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
I am totally useless at poaching eggs but using these they come out perfect! Would be nice to have a little sheet of how to use them, but after googling it, it's really quite easy. You do need a pan with a lid, and lightly grease the poacher first to allow the egg to slip out once cooked. A bargain too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to a poaching pan., 17 April 2014
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
These were so cheap I didn't expect them to be any good but I was surprised.

No strange taste or smell when using them either.

They do feel cheap though.
I would opt for my poaching pan before I ever use these but they are a great alternative.
I find cracking the egg into them a bit of a problem, someone will have to hold it upright for you.

Extremely good value for money though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value and great product, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS (Kitchen & Home)
Great product. Used today for the first time and only put a little butter in each mould then poached the eggs. They came out really easily. The moulds stand up on the worktop while you put the eggs in and then again inside the pot. Very little water ended up in the eggs from the stream. I would recommend these moulds and I'm actually thinking of buying more for my daughter.
Really easy to use: lightly oil or butter the mould, add eggs, put into a pan of boiling water and cover for around 4/5 minutes for runny eggs.

PACK OF 2 SILICONE EGG POACHING MOULDS