5.0 out of 5 stars Very good computer, slow delivery
Published 14 months ago by S. Capes

1.0 out of 5 stars Doing it on the cheap never works
Not the best PC you could buy, but there again, not the most money you could pay either.

Published 6 months ago by Terence

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good computer, slow delivery, 17 May 2013
S. Capes - See all my reviews
This is an excellent computer - fast and much quieter than my old one though it isn't silent, as seems to be implied. There is a constant fan noise which presumably is from the power unit fan but it is quieter than a 'normal' PC that constantly runs 2 fans. It gets noisier under heavy use but it's not too intrusive. It recognised my monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers and printer instantly.

It comes with a program called ASRock Instant Boot which I enabled yesterday but then had to disable as it wouldn't let me turn off at night - I shut down and it went through the motions then re-booted by itself. As I don't like to waste power I switch everything off at night. This program had 2 options - one 'standard' and one that asked for power to be left on. I chose standard but it didn't give me the chance to switch the power off before re-boot. In any case, the machine boots fast enough (about 15 seconds) without it so I'm not bothered.

ASRock also is meant to give faster USB and LAN but all I've noticed is that it alters the way my external hard drive connects and I have to try to eject it before disconnecting now which it normally won't allow as it says it is still being used (it isn't) and if I just disconnect as I used to do, it then wants to 'scan and fix' it when I reconnect.

ASRock fast LAN sits in the bottom right hand corner of the screen as a fairly big transparent information box showing internet usage and traffic. It is annoying and intrusive to me so I can't say I've studied it as I just keep closing the window whenever it appears (it does so spontaneously occasionally). Probably a good idea but I don't like it myself.
(Update a few days later): I have read a bit more about ASRock and apparently it is a huge help to people who watch a lot of streaming videos and/or play online games as it gives you the opportunity to prioritise internet and computer resources for smoother viewing and gaming. As I do neither I didn't understand at first.

All in all I'm very pleased with the computer and storage space is definitely not an issue on this machine. Programs automatically install themselves onto the 120Gb C-drive and the E-drive is a lovely big 1Tb that came completely empty, ready to fill with movies, files and photos (and games if that's your thing). I still like to run a lot of old software and being new to Windows 7 I wasn't sure if I could still use it, but almost everything works as you can choose compatibility modes to run them, though with my Wordperfect Office 12 suite I did have to make a minor regedit tweak (after searching for ages online) before it would run properly.

As for delivery - I ordered it on 7th May and was given dispatch estimates of 9th or 10th. It left the manufacturer in Berlin on the evening of 10th. Delivery was estimated between 10th to 13th (fair enough, this did include a weekend). The parcel went to 3 different depots in Germany, arriving at the last on Saturday early morning. It then sat there over the weekend and all of Monday, finally leaving on Tuesday morning and arriving in the UK on Tuesday evening. Over night it went to another UK depot then came to me on the evening of 15th. UPS said all along that delivery would be on 15th so why did Amazon/Sedatech give a delivery estimate of 10th to 13th? Misleading if I hadn't been tracking the parcel.

That said, I am very happy with my purchase and I think this computer is very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Athlon all the way !!, 31 Aug 2012
This machine does all i ask of it,with different applications running & not a sign of being under strain due to loading.With ATHLON at the heart you can`t go wrong.Another great product from Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid quality for a budget price, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Sedatech PC Multimedia Desktop (AMD A4-5300 2x 3.4GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, USB 3.0, Full HD 1080P, 80+ PSU, Radeon HD7480D) (Personal Computers)
This configuration is pretty ok for a desktop replacement, especially if you're on a tight budget. A4-5300 should be enough for daily browsing routine, office applications and even casual gaming. Don't expect to run the latest games on this, but also you won't be disappointed with the included Radeon for some older ones or with medium settings. The possibility for OC is there, but I didn't test it yet. The case is good quality and overall the pc is quiet.

I didn't care about storage, the existing 500gb could be easily extended (internal HDD, there is already space in the rack for it) or with external drives (4 front USBs and 6 in the back should be sufficient). The RAM is only 4GB, which might be not enough if you're running more demanding apps. On the bright site, an upgrade to 8-12 gb is not so expensive these days.

Delivery on time with serious packaging (box inside a box).

4.0 out of 5 stars All went OK in the end with this new desktop, 1 Jan 2014
This PC was delivered on time and with the correct spec. However on setting it up there was only a brief flash of a video display. I contacted the seller in Berlin and between us we managed to get a decent display working, but only because I had a spare Geforce 9600 GT video card available.
I would recommend this product but consider adding a decent video card from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great computer, 13 Mar 2012
This is a great computer, looks really nice and runs perfectly. Great customer service too, arrived really quickly and was nicely packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Sep 2013
Super PC, loads almost instantly and is extremely fast even though my connection is only 2gig. very happy with this purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doing it on the cheap never works, 26 Dec 2013

The problem with the one they sent me was it just didn't work. The DVD+/-RW wasn't compatible with the BIOS, and the BIOS was not happy with the SSD, which meant it just didn't boot sometimes, and then sometimes it did. I ended up in an email discussion with their tech support and trying to reconfigure and reinstall components that just didn't want to talk to each other.

Also, all the component cable connectors had been stuck-in, very crudely, with some kind of epoxy glue. I assume this was to avoid detachment in shipping, but even so, it made a real mess of the inside. And heaven help you if you ever want to replace a component. It would have been much better if they had spent a few pennies more on the cables and used the ones that have locking connectors.

I sent this PC back and eventually got a refund, after Amazon sent them a reminder.

OK, in life you pay your money and you take your chances, but buying a computer from Germany (I'm in the UK) means, if its broke, you have to send it back to Germany, and insure it, which aint cheap.

In the end I decided to do what I should have done in the first place and that was to read up on, and choose the best example of each component from Amazon, then build the thing myself so that fits EXACTLY the spec that I want. Its more expensive that way, but the PC ends up as close to perfect as possible, or at least as far as your budget will allow.