4.0 out of 5 stars Really good bag.
It is a messenger bag (just thought i'd clear that up, the strap does adjust)

It is a very sturdy bag, and does not seen to be tearing at all. I have a lot in it.

Published on 12 Nov 2011 by R Bolton

3.0 out of 5 stars simple postie bag.
Published 13 months ago by KIRSTY

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good bag., 12 Nov 2011
It is a messenger bag (just thought i'd clear that up, the strap does adjust)

I have 2 large A4 folders (the ones with the big ring binder parts) and they just fit in the main section nicely, along with my pencil case and glasses case. But it would not hold another folder in the main section and still be able to zip up.

It offers a decent amount of shower resistance.

The material is very strong, and the clips attached to the handle are tough as well.

I got the grey bag, and it looks really professional with the black outline. Does not seem cheap and fits in with my grey suit.

Would recommend to anyone, the sections inside are also very useful as they all zip up.

Can't even complain about postage as it was here in 2 days and was folded through the letterbox so I didn't miss delivery when I was out during the day.

I hate not being able to complain about a product, but this is actually a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly Right, 14 Oct 2011
Mr John Puddick (Southend-on-sea, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Many bags of this size are not weather-proof like this one. It takes several size A4 ring-binders, kept secure by the robust zip, which is itself protected by the complete flap-over cover. I am using mine to carry my 3 music folders to band practice, and it is exactly right as I can also carry my cornet mutes, my music stand and a bottle of water without any strain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice & Strong, 23 Sep 2011
Bought it for my daughter in Y7. She absolutely loves it. It is big enough to take A4 folders + lunch box + water bottle, and quite strong & sturdy to take the rigours of daily school life. No complaints at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars blackbase messenger bag, 20 Jan 2012
The product is excellent I work as a tutor / assessor, and constantly need to carry a small lap top and paper work as well as other books.I am surprised how much the bag holds it is excellent, can't fault it. Best thing I ever did was to buy this product.
I have tried many bags of varying shape, size and weight. This bag carries everythingI need and it is very light. It's great

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, good size, 13 Jun 2012
J. Belkacem "Yatelady" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this bag for my 9 yr old daughter and we both love it. Strong, sturdy, good size with extra pockets. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase!!!!!, 18 April 2012
Mrs. N. A. Morris (uk) - See all my reviews
Purchased for my daughter in year 7, who has ruined 2 other bags since sept through weight of contents, this bag has so far lasted longer than the others. Plenty of room for all she needs to take on a daily basis. Would highly recommend for the price, size & so far durability.

3.0 out of 5 stars simple postie bag., 19 Jun 2013
I ordered the sand colour, thinking it had black straps as shown on the photo. The one I received was sand in colour with brown straps. It wouldn't have been my first choice in colour for a formal meeting. However, its not expensive, so I will be keeping it. The bag is a nice size but it doesn't quite fit a lever arch folder in as a reviewer had suggested, the zip doesn't quite zip up. Its good value I suspect the darker colours will look more luxurious than the paler colours. For the money its a nice bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for money, 3 Oct 2011
haider (Bradford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BAGBASE MESSENGER BAG IN 12 GREAT COLOURS (Luggage)
does what it says. bought it for myself for university and its great in every sense, looks good, feels good. and cheap

4.0 out of 5 stars Bagbase messenger bag, 3 Oct 2011
I brought this bag for my son for secondary school after watching him struggle for too long with a rucksack. Really thrilled with it so far. Well made and a very reasonable price. Holds plenty, has strong adjustable straps which spreads the weight, lots of useful pockets, pen holders etc. If it lasts the academic year I will certainly be buying another for my second son. Very speedy delivery too! Would be five stars but not clear on durability yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish. Spacious. Bargainous!, 13 Feb 2013
As I grow older, gain more responsibilities and lose more brain cells I’ve accepted that the time has come for me to acquire a man-bag as I don’t fancy a rucksack and just using my pockets doesn’t seem to cut it anymore. I seem to be misplacing important things all of the time and spend more time trying (and failing) to find them than I do enjoying my life. Whilst most people I know frown on man-bags, I reckon if it’s okay for Jack Bauer to carry one of these things then it’s okay for me…

Whilst looking around for a ‘Jack-sack,’ I found that the more authentic looking options in that department were both quite expensive, not particularly secure and reportedly cavernous. I didn’t really want to spend that much money, would like the contents to be reasonably safe and just don’t really need ‘that’ much space. At the worst I’ll only be hauling around a jacket, 10” Netbook, smartphone and a Kindle. So I looked to downsize my expectations and just tried to find a decent compromise between cost, style, security and capacity.

Enter the Bagbase Messenger Bag. Available in a wide range of colours, I decided to go for basic Black as I’d mostly be taking it to work and wanted something discreet. Delivery from Team South West was made in around two days which was perfect for me as I wanted it in time to haul around at the Chinese New Year celebrations. The black colour is certainly discreet and to my surprise the appearance of it is actually quite professional so it doesn’t look at all out of place in an office environment.

First impressions are that it looks pretty durable, time will tell if this is actually the case though. It’s got a large zipped main compartment and under the main flap (which closes securely with clips) it has an extra ‘largish’ zipped pocket which is perfect for my ‘Kindle Keyboard’ and also an organiser section. Whilst it doesn’t initially look that large you can actually cram a fair bit of gear into it. For Chinese new year I took along a Micro-fleece, pocket camera, my Kindle, a waterproof and a bottle of water with me. There was still enough room for me to haul back home some shopping that my wife and I did whilst there. I would say that for your normal ‘day-out’, work-day or college/school-day I can’t imagine that you would need anything larger than this. There’s enough room for a lap-top, files, a folder and so-on.

If you’re in the market for something along these lines (and I can’t imagine why you’d be reading this if you weren’t) then I can heartily recommend the Bagbase Messenger bag. It’s available in a range of colours that should suit most tastes, the black is discreet and smart enough that it can serve for an office environment. The size is perfect for your average person’s/day’s needs, it appears durable, well constructed and all of this comes it at a much lower price than you might expect. It really is quite the bargain!