4.0 out of 5 stars Solid sequel
With Spectyr, the second book in her Books of the Order series, Philippa Ballantine returns us to the world of Arkaym. While I had some issues with the first book, Geist, I was looking forward to catching up with the main characters Sorcha, Merrick and Raed. And it was a joyful reunion indeed. As I was more aware of what to expect from the setting of the book this time...
Published on 16 April 2012 by W.M.M. van der Salm-Pallada

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed...
I bought this book as soon as I had finished reading Geist because it was such an interesting premise. An order of deacons who protect the world from the invasion of malevolent spirits, Geists, from elsewhere.
And the first book did not disappoint, the main characters including cigar smoking and experienced Sorcha, trapped in a loveless marriage, and her new young...
Published on 2 Feb 2012 by Book Addict

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Spectyr (A Book of the Order) (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this after reading the 1st book and just couldn't wait to find out what happened next. I love how her characters develop and following the twists in the novel. It's disappointing that there is nothing to follow it with as the ending was left fairly open but would recommend this to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Spectyr (A Book of the Order) (Kindle Edition)
I can across this book as a recommendation for some other books I'd read, after seeing other good reviews I decided to purchase books one and two and was not disappointed! The book has great characters and storyline and I will be buying the next I one-very glad I found this author!

4.0 out of 5 stars Spectracular, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: Spectyr (A Book of the Order) (Kindle Edition)
The characters continue to engage, with the reader as well as each other!! I found Spectyr more disjointed than the first book as we follow separate threads.Even Sorcha and Merrick have to follow different paths. In this book Merrick is given an interesting back story, time travels and develops his latent powers until he emerges as very much Sorcha's equal.
Raed is on a quest for his 'abducted' sister and battles the Rossin and many others on the way. We also get first hand experience of 'the small gods'.
It is a page turning read with many betrayals towards the end; some predictable, others not.
We leave Sorcha in a dire situation, a real cliffhanger, and I was traumatised to find the next volume not yet published in UK. (It is now and I am longing for it).

5.0 out of 5 stars great 2nd installment, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Spectyr (A Book of the Order) (Kindle Edition)
this series gives a great combination of fantasy, magic, romance and battle. It does that without being heavy or difficult to read.

the world is believable as are the people and their relationships to each other and their environment.

Can't wait for the next book

5.0 out of 5 stars A Promising Sequel, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Spectyr (A Book of the Order) (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant. I like how they keep uncovering weird conspiracies in the Order but more importantly that it's done in a very realistic way - in that our main character is reluctant to accept it. As opposed to being all 'different and with a cause'. It follows on nicely from the first book and the character development is done exceptionally well on all 3 parts actually. My favourite part were on the dirigible (new favourite mode of transport) and some lil quirks (time-travelling) that you don't see coming - which really happens because I do consider myself well-read with most recent modern fantasy books. Can't recommend this enough!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 21 Mar 2013
Mr. Mg Barber - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spectyr (A Book of the Order) (Kindle Edition)
Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool and cool a a a a a COOL IT IS

Spectyr (A Book of the Order)
Spectyr (A Book of the Order) by Philippa Ballantine