5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought
I recently broke a wooden combined salt and pepper mill and wanted to find another. When looking there are loads, some very cheap going right up to £50-£60. Being quite confused by the choice in the end I took the view that 'well, it's only a stupid salt and pepper mill, lets go for this one'.

It arrived very quickly, looks much chunkier and of higher quality...
Published on 20 May 2011 by Mrs. E. Angel

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and look pretty
Feb 2013: Unfortunately after a bit more than a year use the salt mill got broken, so I had to reduce it down to 3 stars only...

Jan 2012: I bought this a couple month ago. It does the job well, you need to twist it to left for pepper and to right for salt.
Published on 9 Nov 2011 by Reka Florian

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 20 May 2011
Mrs. E. Angel "Mrs Bear" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grunwerg Salt & Pepper Mill, Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)

It arrived very quickly, looks much chunkier and of higher quality than the picture shows and most importantly you can independently adjust how coarse/fine you want to grind salt/pepper. It also looks really pretty once filled with corns etc.

Get it, it's not going to break the bank.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and look pretty, 9 Nov 2011

Yes, it mixes up a bit when you change, but I think any similar product would. Otherwise it looks pretty and has got a good weight, does look more expensive!
I am happy with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice salt and pepper mill, 8 Sep 2011
F. Thompson (North Wales) - See all my reviews
Read the other reviews and was persuaded to buy the mill. Good quality item and looks / feels good. I filled it using a paper cone made in 30 seconds Blue Peter style with a bit of cellotape. Really like the adjustable grinders underneath the mill. I also like the 'twist one way for salt and the other way for pepper' means of operation. I have to recommend this mill to anyone who wants good quality at a low price.

2.0 out of 5 stars salt and pepper, 18 Nov 2011
Good idea but not good enough quality mine broke after about a month. It was the salt grinder that stopped working .

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product design, 28 Nov 2012
Looking at the other reviews I purchased this!

I would have to say it did not last long filled it up to use the day I got it and I noticed the plastic at the base had a crack and would not close properly and everything fell apart found a good home for it in the bin!!!! Not worth it folks do not buy

2.0 out of 5 stars It Won't Last, 16 May 2014
So, here I am on Amazon again, looking for new salt / pepper mills. Hmm ... funny, I did that a year ago, when I purchased this Grunwerg model. Was I expecting too much: a product that would last, yet that was a fair bit cheaper than some other manufactures in this area? Yes, I was.

The villain of the piece is the salt grinding mechanism, which, going through the negative reviews here, seems to be the thing that goes first on these mills. When I bought mine there were very few negative reviews, and now there are a a fair few ... no surprise.

Yes, it looks great, and its dual-function, space-saving design is initially appealing. The flip-side to this is that refilling is very fiddly, time-consuming and messy. Not only do you invariably end up having to put your peppercorns in a few at a time, you also usually end up with peppercorns rolling onto the floor, or spilling into the salt compartment ... or vice versa.

I could learn to live with that, but the bottom line is that the all-important working parts are poor quality and will not last that long. I was lucky to get a year out of mine; many others got only weeks or days. I would never buy this product again. Spend a bit more and get something that will last longer. I should know by now....

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but didn't last, 22 Aug 2012
This mill worked ok for 6 months, of occasional use. However, the grinder on one side broke after about 6 months (a peppercorn got stuck and it broke the mechanism!). I had bought it for its looks and it had good reviews. (It looks similar to a mill by a well known brand I have seen at a local department store for twice the price). Other down side is the salt and pepper side only have one cover over both, so I didn't find it very easy to fill the salt and pepper without infiltrating the other side of the mill. Wouldn't recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Salt & Pepper..., 19 Dec 2011
Edyta Stasiak (uk) - See all my reviews
After reading previous reviews I decided to buy this "kitchen tool" and I can honestly say "no regrets at all". Absolutely lovely kitchen utensil, I`ve ordered it as a xmas present for my sister but I end up keeping for myself. It looks much better in real life compare to picture on website, very modern and at very good price. Cant find any fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Salt and Pepper mill, 4 Dec 2011
I bought this to replace a recently purchased but broken wooden mill and I decided not to pay a lot if they didn't last. However this mill is great. It is unusual - a talking point. larger than I expected, robust and looking good it also grinds well. I would definately buy the same again.

5.0 out of 5 stars salt and pepper mill, 29 Mar 2012
C. J. Sampson (UK) - See all my reviews
Really smart looking salt and pepper mill. Eaasy to fill and simple to use, very pleased with the purchase. good value

Grunwerg Salt & Pepper Mill, Stainless Steel