5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Replacement for my Nokia 6230i
Published 15 months ago by bourne_th

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little phone though limited for this price point
Published on 26 Aug 2011 by A. Nicholaou

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little phone though limited for this price point, 26 Aug 2011
A. Nicholaou (Winchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
Aesthetics : the phone is actually quite elegant looking except for the cheap-looking plastic back cover. It has a nice solid feel to it and, weight to size that confers quality build. The buttons feel solid, though a little small - if you have big fingers and text a lot, you will not like this phone. The screen though small is excellent; Real jpg pictures show up in great detail and small text is crisp. The phone's speakerphone works well - it is loud and clear at both ends. The radio is a little disappointing but usable when used with good headphones. Those supplied are rubbish.
The camera is almost a waste of time in medium to low light conditions. The 3.2Mp means nothing really. The video fairs a little better.
It has voice recognition which almost every time. I use voice recognition with a bluetooth speakerphone (avantalk BTCK-10) which will no doubt save me a few points on my licence.

The operating system is s40 which I find excellent for a non touchscreen device. It presents a multitude of options for you for the various functions you will need at any one time. You can even copy and paste. View texts in conversation mode, do CC BCC messages.
I've used the internet with opera mini. Opera does a great job but the screen is too small to be a serious surfing tool - emergency use only, same for email. At least they are there and thanks to s40 easy to set up.

Conclusion: If you are looking for a simple elegant phone with bluetooth and a good speaker phone that is easy to use then this is a good choice. Please note there are many more functions to it that I have not listed here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Replacement for my Nokia 6230i, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
In a nut shell, I can't believe some of the negative reviews of this phone, it's brilliant. I'm a tech savvy electrical engineer and wanted a replacement for my Nokia 6230i but not a smartphone. Why not a smartphone? I want a phone with buttons, doesn't cost hundreds to replace if I drop it and lasts more than a day before it needs charging. I also don't want to have to respond to emails instantly or post stuff on Facebook (people really do need to get a life!).

Pros:
Costs less than a hundred pounds.
Made of plastic, but the best plastic and build quality is excellent.
Battery lasts 4 or 5 days before it needs charging (I have blue tooth on all the time for my car kit).
Pairs with my car's hands free kit perfectly and the voice recognition system is brilliant.
3G if you desperately need the internet.
Alarm - You can set a wake up alarm, turn the phone off & it'll wake itself up in the morning & wake you up.
Press any button to snooze the alarm (you don't even need to take the phone out of your pocket).
Totally configurable joystick & option buttons
Excellent speakerphone.
Excellent call quality & signal strength.
Texting and making calls is a joy.
Large font option makes seeing all your contacts a lot easier.
You can copy your MS Outlook calendar and contacts to the phone. I copied 693 contacts to the phone just to see if it would do it and it did but then I deleted them because I considered it a security risk (phone's own memory used).
Nokia sync software actually works.

Cons:
No WiFi
Camera poor but I only use it to photograph price tags on things am thinking about buying at the DIY store.

As you can probably guess, I really like this phone, it's not a smartphone but it's for smart people! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone great value for money, 28 Oct 2011
Wendy Kynaston "wkyn" (Manchester,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
Bought this phone as like Nokia's and this phone is completely compatible with my new Ford car, something my previous phone wasn't. It paired with the car straight away. Was expecting a pretty basic phone for the money but this phone has lots of features; e mails, links to facebook etc Good camera.Very easy to use and nice looking phone. Didn't want loads of features I will never use but actually this phone has much more than I expected. Bought it from Amazon at slightly higher price than some of the market place traders listed as think the Amazon guarentees and support are worth the extra couple of pounds should there be any issues with the phone. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted, 22 Sep 2011
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
I really like this phone. I am a bit biased as I do like Nokias in general, but the spec on this phone is just right for me and it does everything I want it to do. The Camera is really clear for a phone and I have bought a data cable so that I can keep the photos on my PC. The media player is good too. I like the menus and the buttons are easy to use. I like the conversation view for texting which I did not have on my old phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars small, easy to use good quality phone at a reasonable price, 25 Feb 2012
Dean Marshall "DJM" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
The problem with very cheap phones like my old Nokia 1600 is that it doesn't have blue tooth and hence hands free in my car. But adding blue tooth to a phone brings it up to the C2-01 bracket. I have to say that I like the feel, looks and usability of this phone. So if you need a small phone that has basic organizing features, blue tooth and is easy to use then it is recommended. However, if you just want a very basic phone that is more robust, or you need internet and multimedia then look elsewhere. Recommended

Pros
A good looking phone
Pocket sized
Very easy to use
Reasonable display for its size
Good battery life
Good keyboard
Blue tooth at a good price.
Configurable; the displayed screen and options are highly configurable so that most common functions are just a couple of key touches away.

Cons
Internet; yes it has it but a small screen and no touch sensitive screen makes it a real chore.
Multimedia, yes you can store photos and video and play MP3 but the features and sound and display make it very basic.
Call quality; it is ok but difficult to hear if there is a lot of background noise.
Not robust; the phone, particularly the back feels flimsy and I am not sure it would survive landing on a hard floor.
It cannot display active `to dos' on the front screen, which would be a very useful feature.

4.0 out of 5 stars Let Nokia knock on your door., 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
I was recommened to purchase by one of my Grandsons after he did some research for me. I am so pleased that he came up with "Nokia C201 Sim Free Mobile". I have found it much easier to use than my previous Nokia and there is a more interesting Menu. The only thing that I find at my age,79,is trying to learn the playing rules before playing a game; would it not be a good idea to print them in the book enclosed.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to express my satisfaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars nokia phone, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
Bought this for my wife as she wanted a quad band phone for travelling. Good little phone - like most nokia phones is easy to use and navigayes intuitively. Quick delivery from amazon as usual

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
Got this as a birthday present for my mum who is really, REALLY fussy when it comes to phones! She absolutely hates complex phones and just wants the simplest one to call, text and store her pictures on. Her other phone broke (I accidentally spilt water into it so I owed her a new one), and she wanted another simple phone and this fit the part perfectly! It's so cute and small! It's easy to use, just a typical simple Nokia really, but the camera is pretty good considering the phone's so simple and the screens a good size too. And of course, the battery life is awesome. I definitely recommend this for someone who needs a reliable but nice phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia C2-01 Phone SIM FREE, 13 July 2011
Mr. N. Knight - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
I am 79yrs old and this phone is fantastic! easy to use,easy to navigate and a very reasonable price. Definatley recommend. I Love it. ONLY thing it was packaged very loosly in a very large bag which rattled when moved.I was afraid that it may be damaged so unpacked it and set it up straight away to see if it was working.Fortunatly it was, so please seller take more care with your packing!!!! There was no paperwork in the packet either!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 27 Aug 2011
keribillen (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black (Electronics)
Cheapest 3G phone I could find (we use it with a '3' PAYG SIM).
Excellent battery life and call quality.
Very good antenna sensitivity.
Light and portable.
Lots of cheap accessories available.

**Update October 2012** Still going strong despite less-than-excellent treatment by our pre-teen son. ;-)

ARRAY(0x9ee58cfc)