4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Great
I really liked this season of HIMYM it took the characters to places where we've never seen them before and it was still as funny as ever but there was just a little magic missing from this season which would make it a great season.

Published on 16 July 2011 by Shaunie B

3.0 out of 5 stars Irregular
Though there are still very funny episodes, some situations are too grotesque, combining with some drama moments. For me it's a declining season.
Published on 20 Jan. 2013 by redross

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Great, 16 July 2011
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)

I think what this season will be remembered for will be the episode Bad News a truely unique episode with a heart breaking ending (those who've seen it will know what I mean)...this really was HIMYM at it's best a really funy episode but one that isn't afraid to shock us and lead us to a dramatic place we've never really experienced before and this is something that continues for the rest of the season with episodes like Last Words and Legendaddy. It really is refreshing that a show is still able to explore different sides of these characters six seasons in. (especially Marshal and Barney)

Bad News aside HIMYM still produces some extremely funny episodes such as: Subway Wars, Natural History, Glitter, Blitzgiving (Aw Man!) to name a few and it is these episodes that you buy the boxset for because they are funny no matter how many times you watch them.

Also, Ted finally gets a long term love interest for the first time since Stella and it is nice to see the old romantic Ted back in HIMYM after he has been treading water for a bit.

Now why this season only gets 4 stars, the main reason for this is the character Zoey...I personally really like her and thought she was a good addition to the show however during the end of the season she did become more grating and she was someone that divided opinions between HIMYM fans...although she did give us the Captain!!! She is definately a character that will be remembered in HIMYM's history but maybe not for the right reasons.

Also, I would really like to see Robin be given a more meaningful storyline as on a lot of occassions it doesn't seem like she is doing anything...yes she has a Robin Sparkles episode and there is a story about he getting a new job but it just isn't enough.

However, this is still a really good season of HIMYM, it'll make you laugh and it'll make you cry and it's nice to know that the show isn't afraid to take us to new places...however a couple of character missteps have meant this only gets 4 stars...although I can't wait for season 7!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Was looking to complete my boyfriends DVD collection for Christmas so bought 6&7 and he loves it! It is AMAZING how cheap things are on Amazon especially compared to high-street stores. great DVD and great delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 11 April 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I love watching 'How I Met Your Mother'. Caught a couple of episodes on tv, and so bought the box set to watch. Couldn't stop watching.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny!!!, 16 Feb. 2012
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Funny, witty and even a little bit moving! HIMYM is back with a brilliant new season about the lives of five very different individuals! The only complaint I have is that we still have absolutely no idea who Ted's future wife is and it doesn't look like we're going to find out very soon! Just a few more seasons to go me thinks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still very funny and were closer to the Mother.., 28 July 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
It seems ridiculous that a series going into its 6th season and we have no real clues of who the fabled "mother" is? continues, but of course it does..because this is one of the best sitcom series that the US have produced. It is difficult to review this series with out saying that of course there are more series to come after series 6. We have that Series 9 is going to be the last, with that in mind, you know that pretty much ever episode is important. There is always a link to everything, not just to Ted and the mother. To Robin and Barney and to Lily and Marshall. If you have loved the previous dvds, then you will love this one too. On one hand its good that it will end and we see Ted happy,but on the other you will miss it lots when it ends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Mar. 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
After buying a collection with the first 5 seasons of HIMYM I had to buy this another one and it has essencial episodes for the history of this series. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still piling in the laughs, 31 Oct. 2011
Syriat - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
This box set is for Season 6 of HIMYM. This is a funnier season than season 5 and although it does dwell on the Marshall and Lily baby storyline a lot...and I do mean a lot it contains some very good episodes and moments. Barney finally meets his dad - built up throughout the season and there are quite a few subplots, including Robin Sparkle's return.

The box sets don't contain too many extra's, deleted scenes and commentary. Its a real step down from the last series. However, at the price here its great value and its well worth watching

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendiferrous, 25 Aug. 2012
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Speaking from a teenagers perspective here (although this is a show any adult can love also) I think that HIMYM is totally brilliant. The characters are mainly lovable and most certainly laughable in their misadventures. My favourite guy character and would have to Barney and my fave girl, Lily. Every episode will make you smile and I think that's what you really need in a sitcom so I highly reccomend buying it. I love it so much I've watched every episode twice. It is a good price and very good quality - you will not be sorry!

5.0 out of 5 stars New is always better., 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
The one thing that ruins season 6 is Zoe, we are told early on that she is not the mother and yet she stays for some time afterwards - the ending is good and you get a real sense of closure moving on to series 7.

Another great season of our favourite show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a huge fan of HIMYM, and just had to have this one. Shipment was fast and the item in perfect condition. If you want something new instead of "Friends" and something with a little more debt. This is the one for you.

How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD]
How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] by Josh Radnor (DVD - 2011)