4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Great
I really liked this season of HIMYM it took the characters to places where we've never seen them before and it was still as funny as ever but there was just a little magic missing from this season which would make it a great season.

Published on 16 July 2011 by Shaunie B

3.0 out of 5 stars Irregular
Though there are still very funny episodes, some situations are too grotesque, combining with some drama moments. For me it's a declining season.
Published 22 months ago by redross

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Great, 16 July 2011
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)

I think what this season will be remembered for will be the episode Bad News a truely unique episode with a heart breaking ending (those who've seen it will know what I mean)...this really was HIMYM at it's best a really funy episode but one that isn't afraid to shock us and lead us to a dramatic place we've never really experienced before and this is something that continues for the rest of the season with episodes like Last Words and Legendaddy. It really is refreshing that a show is still able to explore different sides of these characters six seasons in. (especially Marshal and Barney)

Bad News aside HIMYM still produces some extremely funny episodes such as: Subway Wars, Natural History, Glitter, Blitzgiving (Aw Man!) to name a few and it is these episodes that you buy the boxset for because they are funny no matter how many times you watch them.

Also, Ted finally gets a long term love interest for the first time since Stella and it is nice to see the old romantic Ted back in HIMYM after he has been treading water for a bit.

Now why this season only gets 4 stars, the main reason for this is the character Zoey...I personally really like her and thought she was a good addition to the show however during the end of the season she did become more grating and she was someone that divided opinions between HIMYM fans...although she did give us the Captain!!! She is definately a character that will be remembered in HIMYM's history but maybe not for the right reasons.

Also, I would really like to see Robin be given a more meaningful storyline as on a lot of occassions it doesn't seem like she is doing anything...yes she has a Robin Sparkles episode and there is a story about he getting a new job but it just isn't enough.

However, this is still a really good season of HIMYM, it'll make you laugh and it'll make you cry and it's nice to know that the show isn't afraid to take us to new places...however a couple of character missteps have meant this only gets 4 stars...although I can't wait for season 7!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Was looking to complete my boyfriends DVD collection for Christmas so bought 6&7 and he loves it! It is AMAZING how cheap things are on Amazon especially compared to high-street stores. great DVD and great delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 11 April 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I love watching 'How I Met Your Mother'. Caught a couple of episodes on tv, and so bought the box set to watch. Couldn't stop watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
After buying a collection with the first 5 seasons of HIMYM I had to buy this another one and it has essencial episodes for the history of this series. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny!!!, 16 Feb 2012
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Funny, witty and even a little bit moving! HIMYM is back with a brilliant new season about the lives of five very different individuals! The only complaint I have is that we still have absolutely no idea who Ted's future wife is and it doesn't look like we're going to find out very soon! Just a few more seasons to go me thinks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent box set, 6 April 2014
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic box set. Love the sitcom and couldn't wait to watch this season. Arrived in great condition for seamless viewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
My son has started to collect these dvds and really pleased with his latest addition. Great dvd to add to his collection

5.0 out of 5 stars great boxset, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
himym is brilliant so having the boxset made sense. perfect sunday afternoon t.v. treat yourself, you will not be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my faviourite tv series!!, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Love them!! Have bought the other box sets and will buy the other seasons as well when they come out

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a huge fan of HIMYM, and just had to have this one. Shipment was fast and the item in perfect condition. If you want something new instead of "Friends" and something with a little more debt. This is the one for you.

How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD]
How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 [DVD] by Josh Radnor (DVD - 2011)