1,567 Reviews
 (1,056)

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic KX-TG8062EB. Perfection? Almost!
Published on 11 Mar. 2012 by Nick

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality sound
We were disappointed with this product as the sound quality was always distorted and eventually became intolerable.
You could not hear callers with any clarity due to background vibration and a "rattling" sound on all 3 devices form many different callers.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic KX-TG8062EB. Perfection? Almost!, 11 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG8062EB Twin Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine (Electronics)
I have been using a Panasonic cordless phone for some years now, in fact it was a previous version of this very phone albeit about 3 generations older. Unfortunately I had neither the instruction booklet or a second handset as it was acquired second hand. So when it came time to get a second handset I thought 'why not upgrade while I am at it?'. So I began researching various makes and models, reading specifications and reviews, comparing prices etc etc. In the end, after much thought, I opted to stick with Panasonic as I was already aware of their reliability and quality. Thankfully, they didn't disappoint.

This is an excellent twin-pack cordless phone and the price Amazon charged for it was, in some cases, 50% of what it might cost elsewhere! It is sleek, light weight and robust. In function it is almost the same as the mobile phones of 5 years ago, before the introduction of the touchscreen smart phones. Very simple to use and configure after just a quick browse through the manual and packed with features to make it highly versatile without complicating its operation.

The Answering machine base station is small and easy to use, aided by the fact that all the settings for using it can be managed and controlled from either handset. Transferring of phone book contacts from one handset to another is done at the press of a button which saves having to enter them manually for each handset, and the number of contacts the memory can hold is impressive.

The in-call volume and clarity are exceptional and most of the time I leave the volume turned all the way down and can still hear the other person clearly. There is even a simple bass/treble adjustment to enhance it pitch and clarify the voice further, but I simply havn't needed it. The handsfree speakerphone is of such a good quality that during a phone call to someone I switched it and they never even noticed! All they heard, in retrospective examination, was a tiny click on the line. The same thing happened when I switched back to the handset without warning. I also found the microphone sensitivity when using the speakerphone was set perfectly. I could put the phone down and continue the conversation while my hands were busy doing something else and not have to worry about whether my voice was being transmitted or about the quality of the transmission. Even when I was a few metres away from the handset.

The ECO function to reduce transmission power is also excellent. I mean, who needs a house phone that can transmit 300 metres? As if you are going to need that much distance? Unless you have a VERY big garden! I switched on the ECO function and have no problem making and receiving calls from any handset from any place in the house or garden of an end of terrace house, or even if I am in the garage. The belt clips provided are secure and easy to fit as they just clip into place. Very handy.

Battery life? If you don't use the phone much a single charge will probably last a week or so. Constant use will of course drain it faster, partly due to the bright colour screen, but no more than it would do with any modern mobile phone. The screen does switch off when the phone is not in use and saves a lot of power.

Registering an additional handset with base station is done at the simple touch of a button. It has an fine intercom function to call between handsets or transfer calls. It even has a privacy function so once the call has been forwarded to the other handset, that person can disconnect from other handsets during the call, stopping them from listening in on your conversation. Handy if you have nosey teenagers in the house no doubt. The handsets also have security numbers (if you want to use them) to add another level of privacy. So does the base station in fact, which is necessary if you want to remotely listen to and manage you answer messages.

So, all-in-all this is a truly excellent cordless phone. Except for one thing. The same thing that plagues almost every phone you will buy, whether house, cordless or mobile:

The ringtones are simply NAFF!!

There are 40 ringtones on this phone, but 30 of them are the stupid musical jingles that nobody over the age of 20 really wants. Which is odd, because if you are young enough to like that sort of thing, then you are too young to need a house phone of your own. Again though, having teenagers in the house would explain their presence. albeit in an unnecessary quantity.

Of the remaining 10 ringtones, well, they are not especially good. 5 of them tend to grate on the nerves. The last 5 (or first 5 according to the order they appear on the phone) were more of a standard ringing sound. Perfectly usable for the average person. In my case however, having an elderly relative living with me, 2 of those simply couldn't be heard as they were too high in pitch. The relative I speak of has hearing trouble and cannot distinguish high pitched sounds very easily.

Basically, of the 40 ringtones available on the phone, only a maximum of 5 are of any use to me although I am sure younger people will feel differently. It is not helped by the fact that you cannot add your own ringtones to phone and that the actual ringing volume is nothing special. While it is technically loud enough, the very pitch of the electronically generated ringtones seems to adversely affect their ability to carry through longer distances or in a noisy environment.

Don't let that little thing put you off though. You won't find any other cordless phone to be any different. It seems to be a fashion thing, this need for ringtones that get on your nerves. It perhaps is also limited because ringtones are generated electronically rather than by use of a physical bell, so you simply are not going to find other phones any better.

SO. In conclusion. I have rated this product at 5 stars despite the ringtone deficiencies because that is a problem all phones have.

This cordless DECT twin-pack from Panasonic is, to use a word that I have probably repeated too many times already, simple EXCELLENT. I wouldn't even consider other makes. Unless you have £300 to spend and no sense of the value of money.

Thank you Panasonic for the product.

Thank you Amazon for the highly competitive price and quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like It, 2 July 2012
Had this twin set now for about 7 weeks. This is by far the best handset I've had.
Very functional and most of it is very easy to use straight out of the box: although reading the instructions for other things is necessary, but once set up completely you can give it to those few people that have difficulty understanding anything with buttons.
Love the night mode, as on it you can stop the phone ringing with exception of the caller group(s) you permit. So if you need to sleep in the day your son/daughter can make the phone ring, but the advertising company can't as it is in silent mode and will register as a missed call.
Alarm clock function. Nice back light and back lit buttons. Good size text. This phone is comfortable and easy to hold, even on the shoulder (though you shouldn't).
The speaker-phone is excellent, as I stand the phone on the table sometimes and speak for ages to people and they say they can't tell I'm using the speaker-phone.
40 assignable ring tones you can assign to groups, cool. The only petty wish I have is I wish I could put my own tones on it. Far superior and easier to the BT phones I had in the past.
It took me while to find out how to add dialled Numbers to the phone book, which loses half a mark on my rating.
My rating 9.5/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Triple Delight, 18 Oct. 2011
Mr. R. H. Redwood "Lamplighter" (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The box arrived quickly and safely. I was delighted with how easy it was to get up and running with no glitches. One of the benefits that I hadn't realised was that when I set up the date/time on the first phone, the settings went automatically to the rest of the set so I didn't have to waste time doing the same procedure over and over. Similarly, with the phone book, I could just enter all my regular contacts and their number and then 'send' them across to the other phone sets. One of the phones is used bedside and the display proved a little bright - Easy!, there's a setting that makes the display go dark without switching the phone off. Nice ergonomic, comfortable grip for those longer calls too. All-in-all, a pleasant purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Dect Phone, 28 Oct. 2011
A brilliant piece of technology,simple to use and very good backlight.

Colour screeen is god and enables one to see the screen very well.

The ECO mode allows it to consume very little energy when not in use.

Well Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic KX-TG8061EB, 29 Nov. 2012
S. Hemmings (UK) - See all my reviews
Oddly enough I was looking for a DECT base station without an ansafone facility, then ran across this model which is cheaper than the version without an ansafone! Actually it is quite a good ansafone, dead easy to set up and even has a remote message collection facility (for picking up messages when you're not at home) so now I can stop paying for the BT 1571 remote service. Good, clear display and appears to be a very good product for the price. 40 ring tones, 38 of them naff, but now I'm being a bit picky!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality sound, 23 May 2013
We have now purchased a BT 1500 that is far better quality and fit for purpose. Although there are many features that would attract buyers to this product, with hindsight I would choose otherwise.
Would suggest you think twice before you buy or make sure you can return the product if not happy, before buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phones, 15 Mar. 2012
These phones were a bargin, arrived very prompy too. They have all the features you need, although the ring tones are dated they are very amusing and there are even a few christmas ones (we cant wait to put a xmas ring tone in december. They wont dissapoint,great audio too, even the background screen can change colour to match your rooms.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use, 13 Sept. 2011
OakenOak (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
We have several Panasonic items in our house and it seems they prefer to cram technology into their products rather than have any thought for the end user experience. For example, to get to your answer machine messages, press Menu, then scroll along to the Answer Machine icon, then press OK, then it tells you how many messages youve got. Wait for this summary to disappear, then scroll down to Play New Messages, then press OK. Previously on our Philips phones, a single button press would do all this! Quite frustrating, when theres 2 redundant buttons on the handset.
Other annoyances are:
(1) The screen goes blank, meaning you need to press a button to get it to light up. This means youve then got to press another button to get back to the beginning
(2) Its not obvious on the handsets how many messages are left, especially when the display goes blank! Then youve got to go through the rigmarole described in (1). Theres an LED on top - why couldnt that flash denoting the number of messages???
(3) Pressing the Contacts button doesnt bring up any contacts, but an interim screen that tells you what to do next. Surely the icons on the soft menu would do this??

Otherwise its fine. Good points are there are 40 ringtones - enough for all tastes. Volume control on the handset. Handsfree facility. Excellent sound quality. Even a graphic equaliser!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic phone system, 25 Nov. 2011
Brilliant, exactly what I need, the phone clarity is beautiful, and they look good too. Strong battery life and loads of feasters. Much much better than the previous BT system we had,

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic, 31 Oct. 2011
Good clear sound, easy dialling. Finding the menu access a bit confusing to start.
Good product, overall very pleased can recommend it. Easy to understand instructions