5.0 out of 5 stars Sony MDREX50LPB earphones review
Published on 11 Nov 2011 by Mr Squid

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the gym
Published on 5 Dec 2011 by mister_jd

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony MDREX50LPB earphones review, 11 Nov 2011
I am very pleased with these earphones, they seem good build/sound quality but only time will tell. When listning to music they do block out outside noise a bit, which I like. These seem better build quality than my Skullcandy Ink'D earphones, and I will test the sound quality for a while and update. They also can fit any ear size as it comes with various sized earbuds. I bought them for 14 which was a bargain, so I highly recommend.

*UPDATE*
They are still working great, (its 22/12/11 at the time of update) awesome sound quality, build quality seems fine, no visible change from when taken out of packaging and have been used basically everyday. Extremely pleased with my purchase, and still, Highly Recommend.

*UPDATE*
Still working perfectly! (Its 13/04/12 at the time of this update) sound quality has not changed at all, still no visible change ever. And they have been used everyday, outside and in. One of the best buys I have ever made.

5.0 out of 5 stars These little beauties will blow your mind., 3 Sep 2013
I have always used Sony headphones and for the price was expecting these to be decent but nothing spectacular. How I was surprised when i first used these little bombs of sound. The bass is deep and the treble perfect, they fit very comfortably and just sound awesome. It's now 5 months since I got them and they still look perfect and sound perfect if not slightly better. Considering I use them nearly everyday and don't look after them at all this has turned out to be one of the best 9.00 I have ever spent. These are well worth the money (not that you're spending a fortune) so grab yourself some, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sounds, 1 Jun 2011
This review is from: Sony Mid-Range In-Ear Headphones with Deep Bass for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Silver (Electronics)
I use these in a sony mp3 walkman, the sound quality is richer than my old jvc's and they are far more comfortable, even inside ear defenders. Plus they work as an ariel for the radio, improveing reception greatly. Can not, for the life of me, see why anyone would pay more for so called high end products. You'd need the hearing of a bat to find any fault with these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the gym, 5 Dec 2011
I needed a pair of earphones for the gym as my other Skull Candy earphones I think suffer from dodgy construction and I have always liked the reliability of Sony products. I do like the design of this product and they fit very comfortably in your ears way more than the generic straight cylindrical shape. My only gripe is the sound quality. The bass is decent and full but can distort and the treble sounds are rather hollow and lack clarity... Maybe I am going deaf. I did only pay 13 for them so I guess I got what I paid for and they are suitable for use in the gym and other such activities. I would advise on other earphones if you prize sound quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected for Sony., 29 May 2014
MissMDK (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
True what they say, you get what you pay for. I was sadly disappointed with the quality considering these in-ear headphones are titled 'Deep Bass' - especially being the reason I had purchased them. Sad to say even when the bass was set to increase on my iPod there seemed to be no noticeable change in the depth of the music and if anything seriously lacked bass with or without adjusting the equalizer settings. The earphones sounded very tinny (I am well aware that many headphones need a good bit of use before they 'wear in' as they say) however it was evident these were of a very poor quality - which for Sony and those who usually rate Sony products highly (like myself) is a shame. I ended up returning these which was no problem at all and opting for a slightly more expensive option the Beats Heartbeat in-ear head phones which are undoubtedly of a much higher standard and do deliver a great sound and bass - still not as good as the over head earphones (I also have the Beats Solo HD's which are immense on every level.) So if it's bass and quality you're after - look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 Sep 2012
At 61 yrs old, my first set of earphones, brilliant sound, even for someone who has worked in printing since leaving school, and has no doubt lost a lot of hearing. BRILLIANT

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 8 July 2011
After my old Sony headphones broke i opted the buy these, which looked good and are inexpensive. They arrived quickly and are very comfy, don't fall out my ears (unlike other headphones) and have great sound. It's early days, but so far so good for these stylish look headphones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you plan on moving, walking, dancing!, 12 April 2014
I needed new in-ear headphones and although I have a pair that was delivered with my phone I thought I'd buy myself a pair from a trusted brand. What a mistake! I use them when doing physical activity (working out, cleaning house) but the movement of the cords create a weird banging, feedback sound that's really irritating. My husband also complained that he could hear the music leaking and the music quality just didn't sound very good. I switched back to the freebie phone pair and the sound quality was so much better, I could dance around with no feedback and my husband couldn't hear the music (even when really loud). Total disappointment, complete waste of money!

3.0 out of 5 stars not overly impressed, 2 Feb 2014
Not overly impressed, bought these as an upgrade to my Sony MP3 player, no problems with the player.
just the phones.
The base on the new phones is rubbish, the noise isolation non existent, OK for out walking but in the gym a complete no no.
I don't think ear phones in general are well thought out. Ive tried Skull Candy,Sennheiser and a few others, all poor.
I went into Tesco and bought a set of JVC Gumy pluss, which are far better, The Gumy air are very good, but will not stay in my ear's in the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Great Sound, Great Ergonomics, 23 July 2014
Great sound. Delivers better base than some over-the-ear headphones.

Stay in ear well. Dampen the outside noise very well. Sometimes it's quieter with them in and music playing than without them, especially at train stations. Also, no matter how loud you play your music, people can't hear it. Good if you don't want people to know what you're listening to or if you want to be considerate to other people.

Good cord length (not too long, not too short). Headphone jack is the 90-degree type, which makes it easy to push it in and remove it. Also, makes it easier to wrap them around your phone.

The asymmetric shape of each ear bud makes it easy to figure out in the dark which is left and which is right.

Very durable. I used them almost every day for 2 and a half years before one finally gave out. They were wrapped around my iPod for most of the days and took some beating in my backpack. Buying another pair. Definitely recommend them.