on 21 April 2013
made of pressed steel, parts done line up thus failing to cut the sim card in the correct place.
not fit for purpose. see user images (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B004REXZLQ/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_all)
review image
11 comment10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 September 2013
As a few people have mentioned, it did the job.

I had to be quite particular when doing the cutting because the Sim card did move a little in the cutter, if it had not been lined up by myself then it probably would have damaged the chip. Cut was a little rough, so I had to clean it up a little. Tried it with one of the enclosed adapters in my Galaxy S2 afterwards and it worked fine. Inserted it into my Google Nexus and it worked fine. All in all, good for the price, just be careful while cutting. I purchased this for work purposes, and I feel confident I will be able to cut a dozen or so sim cards with it.
on 7 May 2013
I had bought a new smart phone that tool a micro SIM card, the easiest option was to trim down the original full size SIM, hence the purchase of this product. I think I was unlucky in that punch I received had not been made perfectly, the cutter didn't quite line up with its template so it didn't cut the SIM cleanly. Fortunately the trimmed SIM worked OK, but it was a near thing. So good idea, good value but poor quality control.
on 24 July 2011
Be careful as the satisfaction depends on which SIM card you decide to use it on. For example, this was terrible on a 3 SIM, but satisfactory on a Vodafone one.
22 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2013
Would certainly recommend to buy as the quality is very solid and the SIM card cuts are perfect and hassle free... quick delivery very good seller... A+++
I bought one of these to cut down some sim cards, you can use normal full sized sim card or micro sim cards (you'll need to use the adapter to fit it to the cutter properly for this size) You get the supplied adapters if you need to use the bigger sim sizes again simply slot the card in once it's cut.

On the underside you'll see the direction to insert the sim with the angled notch facing the rear, this leaves the "gold contacts" showing underneath with the small hole, you can't really go wrong but take care with micro sim cards to ensure they are fitted to the adapter correctly. Use a flat surface a quick swift push down "punches" out the sim card. Nano sim cards are tiny they are barely larger than the contacts, I've used this a few times and it's worked pretty well. Saying that an "out of the box" sim is cleaner cut but the main point here is that it works. No problems so far but don't rush take your time.
on 19 November 2013
I paid the pricely sum of 137p for this & it has trimmed my Vodafone sim excellently to a usable micro sim size - much force was required to operate & the delivery wasn't that quick but for 137p it's done the job perfectly.
on 14 November 2013
I found the item very useful and I had no problem with it and I did not wait for it too much but exactly the time suggest at the time of the purchasing. thank you
on 18 March 2014
Wasn't sure what to expect I have never used one of these before and never had the need to cut a sim.

Using this cutter is truly easy, have only needed to cut one sim card from standard size to micro sim size and the end result was exceptional.

Recommended.
on 26 October 2013
I expected a cutting edge to form a nice finish but all this product does is try to force the sim card through a micro-sim shaped hole and simply relies on brute force to achieve this. I had hoped there would be a decent cutting edge but there's nothing of the sort and the sim card bends before being forced through the hole. . When I realised what was happening, I removed the (now bent) sim card and finished the job with a sharp pair of scissors. Maybe I'm unlucky but the large sim did not fit very well in the "cutter" either. Buyer beware! Fortunately the sim still works fine.