Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 June 2011
I was immediately drawn to this mix of 50s R&B/Rockabilly & 60s Soul & Ska as I have long been a fan of all these genres of music. As far as I am aware this may be the first time such a Compilation has been put together? Gaz's (Mayall)Rockin Blues Club Classics featured 50s RocknRoll/Blues/RnB & Ska but each had their own dedicated side rather than mixed together.

What makes this compilation so compelling is the interesting and exciting choice of tracks (you won't find any fillers on this album) and the mix by Smith where each track fades at the end & a new track seamlessly begins to give the impression you are listening to this in a club. All I can say is, if music like this was played in a club near me I'd be there in a heartbeat!
on 25 March 2016
Worth it for the Wooden Nickles track alone. Several other great Northern and 50's RnB too.