4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but.......
Ok let start with positives. It looks great, works very well indeed. The remote control is an excellent touch and the motorised air circulator part to the front of the fan stops you getting buffeted.

Published on 5 April 2012 by M Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating
Published 4 months ago by KayP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but......., 5 April 2012
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)

On the negative side this fan is loud. I like to sleep with a fan on and even in sleep mode it's very boomy. Yes a minor point but its not going to be easy to sleep leaving this on in the room. Another minor but unforgivable negative is THERE IS NO FREE AROMA CARTRIDGE with it?? Why?? It's quite ridiculous that a fan marketed that its unique point is that is can release aromas yet Bionaire don't give you a cartridge!!! Also why no batteries supplied with the remote? Bionaire you really must do better than this.

Overall a good unit, worthy of the price for its design but spoiled slightly by the fact no sample aroma cartridge or batteries supplied for the remote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish, lots of features, unique fragrance feature, 16 Feb 2013
SteveINtheUKok "SteveINtheUKok" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)
The minute it came out of the box I loved the design of this, gloss white plastic makes it look ultra-modern, matt silver around the sides, gloss white on the back. The remote is gloss white on the front and grey plastic on the back and sides. Looks amazing.

It has 3 speeds, selectable via the push button controls on the top of the unit or via the remote control. No batteries with the remote but it just takes two commonly available AAA batteries and duplicates ALL the features found on the unit itself which is nice.

The three speeds range from a base level up to a fairly stiff breeze good enough for a hot summer.

The fan does make noise, but its what I would expect of any fan to be honest, its not too much, but it isn't super silent either, I think the upright tall tangential fans are better for silent use.

I bought two, one for the living room to cool it when it get hot and one for the bedroom as I like a little breeze in there while I sleep, I will be putting the fan at the other end of the room so the noise won't really be an issue, not as I say that it is that loud anyway and I always have the remote control.

The control buttons are on the top along with their associated leds, that does mean you cannot tell what modes it is in if you are not standing over it. Some will see this as a downside, yes it could be, I am glad however that the buttons and leds did not spoil the gorgeous looks of this unit, as it just looks stunning in real life, far better than any of the photos on the website.

The grill does not 'oscillate' as suggested in the description, I am nit picking though as it does revolve which creates an oscillating breeze, so yes and no on that description. Just wanted to clarify it here though.

The remote can dock with the main unit as there is a nice pocket to store it in and it has single push button cord retraction and storage. That means it can all be packed away neatly with no trailing cables or lost remote controls if your just using it for summer use.

All together a truly excellent product both in design and function.

UPDATE: Just bought a 3rd for a friend, really loving these. Also am using the fragrance function. Fragrance can be on or off even if the fan is turned off. Sadly the 1 hr timer on the fan does not turn the fragrance off, the fan would turn off after 1 hr, but the fragrance would remain on. Nice to be able to turn the fragrance on/off by remote though. Really fills the room with fragrance. Much better than a simple plug in. I used an Airwick refill on my two fans, fitted perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 1 Jun 2014
KayP (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)
Needed a fan for my bedroom as I wake regularly too hot in the night. Wanted this fan because of remote control & timer features which would save me getting out of bed to turn on. The fan itself was terrific at cooling the room down but THE NOISE! Could not sleep with the level of noise and even resting on my bed - couldn't hear my TV. If u need a good fan for a large room in day time it's a gem, but if u need a low volume machine - steer clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and excellent value for money, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)
Simple and effective, this box fan is big enough for commercial use but small enough for your to keep you cool on a hot summer evening. Though in Britain we dont get many hot evening this fan has already paid for itsself and i believe the price is excellent value for money. The sleek design is a welcome change from the usual ossolating desk fans that creak and break after one summers use.
Yes you may have noticed reviews saying its loud and you dont get an aroma cartridge with it but ive found it no louder than any other box fan and if Bionaire supplied an aroma cartridge they would only get people complaining that they didnt like the smell, unfortunatly individuality means you cannot please everyone; and also what do thesecplease expleck for £35.
my advice just go and buy any generic aroma cartridge (the scent of YOUR choice) that looks like the one in the picture, i did and im happy. The good thing is they havent designed it to only accept Bionaire aroma cartridges so you can buy any branded cartidge you want.
Ignore the reviewers who love to hate

... FYI i dont work for Bionaire just incase this review comes across that way, i just kno quality for money when i see it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice....but pretty big and VERY NOISY!, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)
Looks good and the functions on it are very useful......BUT it is very noisy, even on the slowest speed and the quiet button selected. Sounded more like a vacuum cleaner to be honest. Had to send it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great friend on hot nights, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)
This is the perfect sleep-friendly fan. Even my wife who usually berates me for buying the wrong thing thoroughly agrees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)
A powerful fan that is not too noisy. The aroma feature is nice as it keeps the room smelling fresh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful fan, 25 Nov 2011
Mr. R. B. Le Huquet "riccol" (jersey ci) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)
Thrilled with it to even trying it out in autumn/winter,will look forward to using it next summer,great shape good power and compact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and does the job!, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)
I already have a Bionaire fan (a tower one) but it's used in another room in my home. I bought this fan because it was the only one available at the time during this summer's heatwave. At least, one that didn't look flimsy.

It's got three speed settings: powerful, wind tunnel and jet engine afterburner! The first setting is sufficient for my needs, and probably for most people's as well.

The downside to this fan is that it's loud. If you are a light sleeper, avoid this fan like the plague! I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, and I had it running on top of my bedside cabinet all night for several nights. It didn't keep me up at night, nor did I get any headaches from it running.

I haven't used the aroma feature, and don't intend to if I'm honest. The fan comes with a remote control, but you need to buy the batteries for it (2x AAA).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Fan, and yes, it's a bit noisy. Remote works fine., 27 Jun 2014
androo235 "androo235" (coc kney.. well ...ish) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bionaire Box Fan with Aroma Feature (Kitchen & Home)
First it is well built and has an attractive and neutral contemporary design. It is quite big.

I like the remote control which does everything the controls on the fan itself do and the fan is certainly powerful enough for a good sized room. If I had a criticism of the remote control it’s that the indicator LEDs on the fan itself are on the top of the fan and so can't be seen when operating it while lying in bed for example (unless your bed is on the ceiling). This means that you can't be confident that you've set it to turn off after 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours unless you get up and go and look, which of course defeats the point of a remote control. Small point. The oscillating grill works well and distributes the breeze well through a good sized room (I would say up to a 25m2 room).
It has a couple of gimmick modes. There’s a "breeze mode" where it cycles through the fan settings. This might be ok but for the noise it makes - though in a large room in daytime this may be ok. It also has a sleep mode but I can’t tell the difference between it and simply having the fan on its lowest speed and then setting the timer.
Noise. We use this in our bedroom and when we first got it we put it in an alcove where our previous fan lived, in that position it was horrendously noisy even on its lowest setting. We were going to send it back. However, I experimented with placing it in a more open position and found that it was appreciably quieter when it had a bit of space around it. We decided to keep it, but, it is still much noisier than the fan it replaced and is unusable loud for a bedroom on anything other than its minimum setting.
We haven’t used the aroma thing at all and probably won’t. The manufacturer, in my opinion, should forget the aroma feature and make it quieter.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›