Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.99

on 14 June 2011
"Bad Romance" stands out by far as the best track. Halestorm blow Lady Gaga right out the window with this powerful, well constructed version. Great use of wah on the guitar too.
The Beatle's "I Want You" is also a fitting tribute that doesn't sound like a rock band re-hashing an old song. They have stuck closely to the original yet added their own dimension.
Brilliant drumming, melodic guitar and Lzzy's extremley powerful vocals make Halestorm one of the best bands around at the moment.
For these 2 songs I would award 5 stars!
The only downside to me is that I haven't even heard of 3 of the songs on the EP.
Check out their album "Halestorm", it's a 5 star classic.
I don't really like female singers as a rule,but Halestorm and The Pretty Reckless are fantastic.There are two albums or mini albums of cover by Halestorm.Both are great and the chosen songs make for a balanced and interesting experience.I actually had all the original versions by the original artists,bar one song.These versions add to the originals and Halestorm have made good musical decisions about the arrangement style.It actually helps that mostly of course the originals were sung by men,this makes doing a cover instantly different vocally,giving a new slant to the songs.
on 3 April 2011
Halestorm have put together an excellent choice of covers and they have covered them brilliantly, adding their own definitive style to these songs. The fact that their audience may not know songs such as, "I want you (she's so heavy)" which was penned by the brilliant John Lennon in one of his bluesy, rock moments, is of little importance. Listen to the originals and you will see what justice Halestorm have done to this great selection of songs. 5 Stars for this EP.
on 30 April 2013
Just discovering Halestorm and thought I'd give this a listen (seeing them as support to Alter Bridge in October). Some tracks better than others - Highlights for me are 'Out Ta Get Me', 'Hunger Strike' (one of my all time favourites from Temple Of The Dog) & 'I Want You (She's so Heavy)'. Quite a varied song choice here........ I forward to repeated listens of this and their other music - and seeing them live! Give it a go.
on 17 July 2013
Love the band but I am not sure about some of the songs chosen. I am a bit of Heart fan so I really like the sympathetic cover of "All I Wanna Do ..." the rest are okay but none are as good as any of the tracks on "The Strange Case of ..."
on 5 November 2013
Brilliant album with some great song choices, especially Bad Romance. They made a completely terrible song amazing. Also, the singer has a great voice.
on 24 March 2016
great fun! it is great to hear a band play some of my favourite songs as covers with their own twist on them. never fails to get me going :)
on 9 November 2013
An album of 6 fantastic cover songs that Lzzy & Halestorm have made their own. Love everything that they produce, keep it coming guys 😊
on 21 March 2013
This covers ep is brilliant! I like the original songs and Halestorm have gone and put their own brand of awesomeness all over them!
on 25 August 2013
Music is full of energy very enjoyable album love blasting it out in the car. Of you love rock then you gotta listen to this