4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended - with an important proviso
Published 15 months ago by JRF

3.0 out of 5 stars This camera bag is in itself a very good product - well made
Published 10 months ago by P. Gowers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars This camera bag is in itself a very good product - well made, 5 July 2014
P. Gowers "Pippy G" (UK) - See all my reviews
This camera bag is in itself a very good product - well made, stylish (as camera bags go) and practical. Although my compact system camera (Fuji X-M1) with lens will physically fit into it, it's a little bit of a squeeze and as the opening is by way of two zips across the top, it's a risk that the camera will be scratched over time. Also, when putting the camera in, it's very easy to catch the on/off 'switch' on my particular camera and on more than one occasion when I have come to use the camera the battery is flat because it has unknowingly been switched on (this of course wouldn't be a problem if your on/off is an actual button as opposed to a switch). Like I say, a good quality product, well padded interior, just the right length of shoulder strap for me but unfortunately I should have chosen one a little bit bigger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended - with an important proviso, 22 Feb. 2014
JRF - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lowepro Compact Courier 80 Shoulder Bag for Camera - Black (Electronics)
I purchased this case for a Canon EOS M Compact System Camera with EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens. The case is relatively inexpensive, fits very well, offers good protection, and looks the part. There is one caveat, though - the main compartment is closed by a zip, which could scratch either the body or LCD of the camera being inserted. So I am very careful to ensure the case is open wide before removing or replacing the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent compact solution for Sony nex 5N camera, 31 Mar. 2012
Amazon Customer (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
The camera bag is excelent for carrying a Sony Nex 3 or 5/5N with 1 extra 50 mm lense or maybe an extra battery. I use the extra space for the flash and the IPad camera kid. It has a pocket for extra SD cards and a cloth for cleaning the lense. It is a very elegant and compact solution. Should I design a bag for my camera (and had the talent :-) it would look like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellend bag!, 23 April 2014
I've recently purchased a Sony Nex 5TL and have spent a lot of time looking for a decent bag/case for it. There are a number on here to choose from, but I didn't think any of them offered the right protection, ease of use, quality, or were priced reasonably.

After finding an old Cybershot in my drawer in a Lowepro bag, I thought I'd have a look for one that would fit my Nex 5TL. A few minutes later this one popped up. I was a little torn between this and the 70 - although this is slightly larger. It's an excellent bag!

The padding is fantastic. I've not had to put it to the test yet, but I'm sure it would offer quite a bit of protection. My camera is sealed securely inside, away from dust and the elements. Zips and a flap secured by velcro. There is enough space for a spare lens, although I've not go another one yet. I'd imagine it would be quite a snug fit. As I've got my camera now, there is enough space for the fash and a pack of cards or two to fit is as well. There is a handy pocket for an extra batter or SD card, plus another you could probably use for a screen cleaning cloth, or the battery/SD card you didn't put in the designated pocket.

The strap is a good size to be comfortable, but not too wide..The clips are plastic, which is the only down side. But they are chunky and should last. Build quality is great. I'd feel safe taking my camera out in this. Which is why I thought I'd write this quick review. It's very reasonably priced. It's £20+ more expensive everywhere else. I bought for £11.50. Amazon have just lowered this to under £10 (Argh, annoying!), which is fantastic value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for a Olympus Pen, 15 Mar. 2012
I bought over 6 months ago to house my E-P3, 14-42 Kit lens and a 20mm pancake, I wanted a small case to carry it all around (it's perfect for this) or to put into rucksack when walking etc. Having just purchased a 40-150mm lens and a Raynox DCR-150, I now have the issue of what bag to choose again, so I've gone for a second one, different color this time. Note: M4/3 lenses are a lot smaller than Canon/Nikon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very 'dinky' but does the job, 8 Dec. 2013
This case has been designed for compact system cameras which have interchangeable lenses e.g. Sony NEX, Samsung NX etc. I checked the measurements before I ordered and I worked out my newly acquired Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX200V would fit in nicely. This is a very compact superzoom bridge camera.
When I received the case I was delighted to find my camera fits snugly on its end i.e. with the lens facing one side of the case. Beware the latest generation of superzoom bridge cameras will mostly not fit in this case because their size has increased a lot over the last year or two.
The case provides good protection from damage but I would not encourage any falls of more than a couple of metres. There is an internal 'case' which is detachable via velcro fasteners. This has limited use because it is only big enough to hold a compact system camera without its lens. So the internal 'case' serves only to provide additional cushioning for my camera. I bought this at a discount price during the recent Amazon sale and I was please to get such a quality item for less than the normal amount.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little Camera Case, 20 Dec. 2013
This was bought for a lumix G5, the camera fits in well and is snug and secure in the bag. There is not much room for anything else though with the standard 14/42 lens fitted and so if a serious photographer who would change lenses etc, this is not for you. It does have space for a spare battery and SD card though.

The bag is well constructed and looks expensive for the price, the colours are good and importantly it doesnt make me look like Dale Wintons little brother when carrying it about...

Good bag for the price that will keep my camera safe from the elements and store enough of what I need it for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact, 13 Jan. 2014
I was struggling to find a case to fit my Nikon Coolpix P500 bridge camera without it either being squeezed in tight or rattling around and after testing out a number of bags in a local store I plumped for this one. Nicely made with handy pockets and a strap that can easily be adjusted to wear over the shoulder or across the body, this case will definitely protect it from knocks and scratches without being huge. I also like the zip fastening which is then covered by a velcro flap which makes it properly secure when out and about. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars LowePro design and quality, 20 April 2013
Mr. D. L. Clayden (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
I always buy Lowepro for my camera gear and when my granddaughter bought a Sony Nex5 I treated her to this. It did not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits an EOS-M with 22mm and 18-55mm lens perfectly, 6 Feb. 2014
Bought on a lightning deal. Excellent quality as always from Lowepro. It's very well thought out and versatile as you can remove the inner case. I use the inner-case for my EOS-M with 20mm STM lens or the whole case when I want to add my 18-55mm lens too.

Also a space for spare battery/memory cards.

Look at the images - they are incredibly accurate.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›