4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not as bad.
I thought I would write this to counter some of the other reviews.
Published 1 month ago by Juhnson

1.0 out of 5 stars what a load of rubbish!
Published on 3 April 2013 by Tinka Dill

1.0 out of 5 stars what a load of rubbish!, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Clarke IG2200 2.2kW Inverter quiet suitcase Generator car,caravan,campervan,caravan
I have used generators for most of my adult life and on a daily basis. This one has no redeeming features, heavy, noisy, thirsty and unreliable! I bought it to run a caravan and have had a year of excuses and lies from Clarke! They say it will only run loads over 1000 watts and even then it needs a new spark-plug every 3 hours! A white elephant and to heavy to be a decent door stop! Avoid, avoid, avoid!

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy., 15 July 2012
M Wyness (north sea) - See all my reviews
Recently bought one of these generators,its described as quiet!!You should be prosecuted under the trades description act!Ridicules claim.Clarke IG2200 2.2kW Inverter quiet suitcase Generator car,caravan,campervan,caravan

1.0 out of 5 stars review for clarke suitcase invertor generator, 1 Dec. 2011
as soon as i got this machine it would not start,after trying for an hour i got it going but i was ready to give it the benefit of doubt but my hopes were dashed a few days later when it would not start at all and the firm i bought it from FORTHTOOLS LTD refused to give me a refund amazon also were unable to help because i left it for 90 days (take note of that folks)this product is usless STAY CLEAR OF IT and stay clear of FORTHTOOLS and get your claims in early. i am reviewing the clarke IG2200 2.2KW inverter quiet suitcase generator.

1.0 out of 5 stars dreadful units, 7 Dec. 2011
I too bought this from Forthtools, in July only used this unit maybe 8 times and the spark plug is badly pitted, clarkes sent me a new spark plug that lasted 2 to 3 hours, I have worked on 2 strokes vespas and bike engines for many years and these generators have a serious fault going on.. do not buy !!!!! would have given 0 out of 5 but had to leave a 1 to review

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Generator, 20 Jan. 2012
I bought this generator from Clarke, It was the biggest mistake of my life. The plug dead in every day and the worst thing, I took the generator out of the country. It worked for 3 weeks before it packed up. It's one of the worst generators I've ever seen. I will advise anyone to not buy this generator. It's a waste of money. I bought a water pump from Clarke for past 10 years and it's still working fine, but this generator is the worst I've ever seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not as bad., 17 Jun. 2015
I thought I would write this to counter some of the other reviews.
Had this for about 4 years, must have run it for a few hundred hours and never had any problem with it. Check the spark plug, change the oil, clean the filter (sometimes) and its kept running. Takes a few extra pulls on the starter after being left for a while, but other than that I've had no problems.
Its been used to provide power for laptops and other electrical equipment for event photographers, its done the job perfectly well if you need the inverter.
On the other hand, its not exactly quiet, but its cerrtainly quieter than the open frame generators that I have for other purposes.
Would I buy another? Possibly, but I would look at Honda or Hyundai first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sept. 2014