5.0 out of 5 stars A reader from Scotland
This book is a real gem. The author shows you what healthy interaction should look like and how to confront or change your relationships with those who are not emotionally healthy, or accept that they are not able/willing to change at this point in time and avoid them....guilt free.

As a christian I really appreciated the practical help combined with biblical...
Published on 21 Jun 2006 by JesusGirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
The first half is much better than the second half, and the book is written from a very Christian point of view, so if that's not for you - avoid.
Published 4 months ago by Booklover

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 19 Dec 2013
Paul - Ndy (Carlisle, England) - See all my reviews
Helpful and informative practicial advice for those who just wonder why you can't get the right sort of relationship or at least one to work.

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 13 Oct 2013
TThis book is am enormous self help for making us aware of how we all can allow unsafe people into our lives- and indeed how we can be unsafe;it goes on to show how to strengthen ourselves and resist unsafe people and how to become a safer person too.
It is not a full proof guide to becoming emotionally whole but encourages us to be realistic about ourselves and our relationships. It is easy to read- well organised into chapters and then into smaller easy to digest sections with plenty of appropriate real life examples.
I read Boundaries by the same author straight afterwards and found that also very helpful- especially in the light of having just finished the other book.
Much of the learning has stayed with me and I am or will make use of.

2.0 out of 5 stars What is the difference between this text and the bible? None, 14 Aug 2013
What is the difference between this text and the bible? None. I expected a different product taking into account that has been written by two authors that hold PhDs