4.0 out of 5 stars Basic, straightforward monochrome laser printer
This printer was bought to provide cheap, quick printout from a basic, home-use desktop where colour isn't necessary and does the job admirably. It has a compact form factor but is nonetheless bigger than most photo/deskjet printers in the same price bracket. It's the lightest-weight/duty and lowest-priced Brother printer I've used to date, but still feels reassuringly...
Published 22 months ago by Seren Ade

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Cheap Printer But It's Toner Hungry
I've owned this printer for about 3 months now. As far as speed and reliability goes I cannot fault it, but I have found it to be a hungry beast. The starter cartridge gave me about 300 pages before the toner light began flashing, warning me the toner was low and I should be prepared to change it soon. I bought a compatible toner cartridge and that gave me about 500...
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars HL-2130 - not as good as it should be, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
A fairly decent a robust printer for the price but has the overall weakness that the front single sheet feeder simply does not work. This fault is not admitted by Brother, so I am not clear why they haven't done something about it. Not sure but I think this problem is not limited to this particular printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
I love this laserjet printer, its small, perfect for home printing, it comes with a 700 page toner. the toner and drum are seperate so its cost efficient. Great value for money, great product. Also, prompt delivery.

2.0 out of 5 stars Problems with XP installation, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
Checked before purchase that this product was compatible with XP and Windows 7. Installed software with no problem on my windows laptop, which is my backup. Failed miserably with my XP (my main work horse). Still having problems - Brother site not much use and problems with installing on XP are included in the reviews on the Brother site.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy as pie with an iMac, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
After ten years sterling service, I reckoned it was about time to replace my old XT machine and my trusty Brother laser printer. I invested in an iMac and, to go with it, a new Brother HL-2130, which arrived yesterday, two days after I ordered it - great work Amazon and Hermes. The reason for this review is that I want to call out just how easy it was get the printer working with my Mac. As soon as I plugged in the USB and before I'd put the CD in the drive, the iMac scurried off to the Brother support site, grabbed the latest drivers (I'm running 10.9.3) and installed them. Job done. I was printing in less than two minutes. Now I know that a good deal of this is just down to how smart the Mac is but, that notwithstanding, I was really impressed. Print quality? Excellent, wouldn't expect anything less. Speed - a tad slow to the first print but quick after that. If you want a cheap, good quality printer for your Mac, I'd highly recommend this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for the price, 17 Nov 2011
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
I found this printer to be perfectly adequate for basic text printing and is a good buy if you are looking for relatively cheap and easy to use.

My only gripe with this printer is the noise of the parts inside the machine churning is a lot louder than previous Brother printers Ive had. Not so loud its uncomfortable or overtly distracting but it is distinctly noticable and obviously would be better if as quiet as previous models.

All in all I wouldnt advise avoiding this printer due to the noise but it is something to keep in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard working laser, 12 Feb 2014
P. L. Martin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
Nothing fancy but it does the job day in day out , very hard working and good price, also refills on toner are Two for 15.00 ,so very good running costs .

5.0 out of 5 stars Working printer, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
We chose this printer because we do not print every day and found the head on inkjet printers always stops working after a while.
we hope as the ink is dry on this one it will carry on working.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, but the consumables are pricey., 30 Jan 2013
L. Mellor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
Neat little printer, and quite fast - but the toner cartridge is only good for 1000 pages, and costs over 29, so it's not a cheap option if you do a lot of printing

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
Having had a black and white/colour printer that eats cartridges at 10 a throw, this is a joy. It printed off my 20-chapter novel the first day without hiccup - quietly, efficiently and effortlessly (on my part).

My last printer clunked and clicked its way through cartridges and paper making a lot of noise, this silently delivers without all the angst. A joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints., 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer (Accessory)
I was fed up of having to fork out for colour cartridges and as most of my printing is B & W I figured this would be better value. So far it has proved to be just that. The cartridge it came with didn't last too long (but that is no surprise... they never do) but I have since fitted a generic replacement and expect it to be cheaper in the long run. I set the print quality to the minimum setting and use an eco-font and the print quality for letters and forms etc is perfectly acceptable. It starts up quickly and prints quickly. I'm very pleased with it. I've kept my old colour printer for scanning.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›