Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 25 May 2013
I purchased this frame as a gift for my elderly parents. I pre-loaded a USB stick with family photos, and re-wrote parent-proof (step by step) instructions for the most common functions they would need. I found that I had to select the external storage choice IMMEDIATELY (ie within 1 second) the options appeared on-screen, otherwise the frame defaulted to the internal storage choice and the only way to exit from this was to switch off and then start again. After quite a few attempts I found myself placing a finger on the correct navigation key on the reverse of the frame ready to make the selection as soon as I switched it on, and this is how I demonstrated it to my parents.

I found that several of the photos I loaded that appeared to be in .jpg format could not be viewed on the frame. Re-saving in the format worked, although some had to be re-saved several times before they were viewed successfully in the frame.

This was the first time I had used a digital frame and it would be nice to see more details of the features in the product description. For example, I was not aware there was no internal power source for the frame and it can only be used connected to mains electricity. I had hoped it could be an alternative to carrying printed photos (proud parents/grandparents/great grandparents do like to show their family to all and sundry!), but as there is no battery the frame is less portable than I would have liked. The power cable is about 2 meters; a longer one would give greater flexibility for placement of the frame.

The default viewing setting is 3 seconds per photo but this can be adjusted, with several alternatives to up to one hour. The frame comes with a small stand and can be used as either landscape or portrait. There are options within the frame to alter the orientation of each photo, but it's easier to chose which way you want to use the frame first, then load up your pictures (via a computer or camera) the right way to fit this. In addition, the order of photos can be randomised by selection of another option.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my choice and think it represents good value for the price (less than £28 at time of purchase).
on 23 December 2013
Its cheap and looks OK BUT - The manual is not well written and after what initially appears to be an easy set up, when you want to delete certain images (stored in some invisible memory area) its impossible. Very frustrating.
Also - Wanting to rotate images, which the built in controls allow, but the software doesn't remember the rotate function
so it reverts to default rotation.
Don't buy!
on 29 December 2013
I am a little disappointed as I thought the screen was 7" not the entire unit. I would not buy this product again. Also it requires a roadster SD card which is not included
on 17 April 2013
Well packaged and arrived on time. In good condition. Picture definition not fantastic and some photos appear to be cropped. Otherwise does the job and displays photos from a USB memory stick.
on 31 December 2013
nice pictures but had difficulty getting it to start up with USB stick already inserted (for a 90 year old man who only wants to use the on/off plug) and in using some JPEG formats on the USD stick which ended up restricting the number of pictures on it.
on 31 March 2013
Works extremely well. Setting up a little complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it it is easy to manage.
on 23 February 2014
I bought mine as a christmas present and it didn't disappoint.The frame is excellent it comes with a stand and the controls are simple.I used an SD card to download my photo's but as advertised there are different ways to do this.
on 22 January 2014
Was a bit fiddly getting going as it quickly 'defaults' to the built in pictures. However, once it was displaying the photos from an SD card, I was very disappointed. They lacked clarity, vibrancy and colour. Whilst I may not be a top photographer, my selection included some professionally taken ones and these too lacked depth. Was also a little surprised as I too thought it was a 7" screen and not an overall size of 7". So, poor picture quality has resulted in a return to Amazon and I think I will now seek out one from a more 'credible' manufacturer such as Sony. Moral is I guess you get what you pay for.
on 12 May 2013
This was the perfect gift, I gave it to my mom filled with loads of old and new photos.. She loved it.
It was really easy to set-up and use + it looks great and is a great quality.
on 18 February 2014
It was a little difficult to set up but once you got the hang of it, it worked really well. Although turning photos the right way and getting them to stay was a little difficult.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse