5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and does the job!
I was very sceptical about ordering this because of the mixed reviews. However, for 3.20 I figured it was worth a go.

Published on 21 Mar 2012 by Henry Purcell's No.1 Fan

1.0 out of 5 stars written review
This adaptor does not fit in my new ipad2 so was a waste of money and doubt I will be able to get a refund really disappointed and will now have to go back to apple connection kit
Published on 27 Sep 2011 by nik

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and does the job!, 21 Mar 2012
This review is from: 2-in-1 iPad camera connection kit USB-Adapter + SD card reader (Electronics)

Some people have had problems getting it to fit properly into the ipad port. I had this too -it just wouldn't fix in properly or work. To try getting it working, I used a ruler to gently push the problem connector on the reader back and forth to loosen it. This did the trick and how it fits into the ipad just fine.

Another slightly confusing thing is the little switch on the right hand side. This needs to be in the USB position for the reader to read the USB and start-up the software. After that it took around 5 seconds to read the SD card and start up the software. It basically creates a new folder in your Pictures and downloads them into it -fantastic! Worth the wait and hassle as it transferred a few hundred photos without a problem from my SD card.

About half way through the transfer I got a message "Item not compatible with this ipad". The transfer continued in the background and I simply clicked OK and everything continued just fine.

For 3.20 I would recommend giving this a go -there are obviously some manufacturing issues, but if you get one that works it's great.

1.0 out of 5 stars written review, 27 Sep 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, 28 Oct 2011
Andrew W. Rodgers "LippiLippi" (Woburn Sands, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had two of these & neither worked. When inserted into the port the ipad tells me that it needs too much power. I've tried numerous times with no success. I suppose I'll have to buy the Apple camera kit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with iPad 2, 23 July 2012
I bought this to use with my iPad 2 however it eouldn't work as needed more power, so it said on my iPad screen. Therefore not worth buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless, waste of monet, 26 May 2012
This is sold as compatable with iPads & seems like it should be........ But when put in my ipad, doeasn't work as it is incompatable with apple products!! Thankfully was cheap so not lost too much money

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 in 1, 9 May 2012
The item does not function at all and is a waste of money.It does not match the description and should not be on this website.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately it didn't work, 23 Aug 2013
I plugged the connector in to my ipad in only for a pop up window to appear telling me that the device was not supported - shame

3.0 out of 5 stars Photo to pad ronseal, 13 May 2012
Another quick transfer of pics to pad now all pics and vid on sd cards to pad or iPhone from camera v quick and easy if you have sd card camera and want to email of text these photos buy this it ronseal......

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 28 Mar 2012
Simply, it doesn't work with the iPad 2. It tries, but it fails. Might pick up one photo, then freezes. I've done everything right (folder named DCIM etc) and googled tricks to solve, but no, it's crap. Tried the camera via USB too and that was even worse, said NO PHOTOS.

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera to ipad, 28 April 2012
Dr. H. M. Gee (UK) - See all my reviews
I just tried this connector. It plugged in to the iPad easily. At first nothing appeared when I started the photo app. Then I read a review mentioning the tiny switch on the side and moved it. (It is not obvious and i had mislaid the tiny instruction sheet that came with the device.) But after that all the pics on my camera showed up OK. So I am satisfied with it working and good value compared to the official apple version.

I have not found any way of selecting which pictures to download though and downloading a lot is rather slow and drains both batteries quite fast. You can stop the down load and can choose to keep the originals in the camera or delete them after transfer and are prompted to choose. I think the limitations to finding and looking at a particular pic is down to the App not the connector.

Does the job, cheap, slightly confusing initially. Keep/read the little leaflet that comes with it.

ARRAY(0xa68daf90)