4.0 out of 5 stars Good CD with the bonus of Staffan Astner's great guitar playing, 21 Sept. 2011
G. E. Harrison (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Troubador Live (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Eric's since his first two Opus 3 CDs and I've got half a dozen of his other albums and seen him live many times. This CD perfectly captures the atmosphere of his live gigs but the BIG bonus for me was the electric guitar playing of Staffan Astner which is superb throughout and perfectly complements Eric's own guitar and his beautiful vocals. I also really enjoyed the Sound Four gospel singers who joined Eric for "Thanks for the joy" and one of my all-time Bibb favourites "New world coming through". A good collection of material featuring old songs like "Tell Riley", "The cape" and "New world coming through", newer songs like "New home" from 'Booker's guitar' and other songs that I wasn't familiar with but for me it was Staffan Astner's guitar playing that really made this album special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful album, 13 Aug. 2011
Dr. Sean Ross - See all my reviews
This review is from: Troubador Live (Audio CD)
Heard Eric Bibb live 3 years ago and only had his Diamond Days album. Bought this album after hearing a track on Radio 2.
Absolutely love it - Steffan Astner's guitar is simply amazing - so sympathetic to each track.
"Walkin' blues again" is worth the price of admission alone : I recommend listening to it through headphones.
Feel this album will be a firm favourite in our house for many years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great performance and quality recording, 5 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Troubador Live (Audio CD)
First Eric Bibb purchase and very pleased I did. Lovely recording and it's going to make subsequent studio recorded albums sound a bit flat.
Highly recommended if you like your music REAL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Troubadour Live, 19 July 2011
This review is from: Troubador Live (Audio CD)
the latest in my collection from the superb Eric Bibb lived up to and surpassed my expectations .The music as always leaves you with a smile on your face and peace in your heart.The guest musicians I had never heard before but they added to the appeal of this lovely album.I now own a complete works of Eric Bibb and would reccommend him to you all.The man and his music are unique.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great live album, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Troubador Live (Audio CD)
Having recently (October 2013) seen Eric Bibb live I bought this album to try and recapture the atmosphere of a fantastic set.
It does that, despite being essentially just two musicians rather than Bibb with a four piece combo.
Bibb's voice and guitar playing are superbly augmented by the guitar of Staffan Astner.
As with all great live performances there are twists and changes to numbers that the audience know from studio albums and other live performances, which makes the CD listeners aware that they are hearing an "audio snapshot" of two artistes at the top of their game.
Another dimension is added when Bibb and Astner are joined by members of Psalm4.
So, although this CD was not quite what I was expecting (due to my lack of research), I have absolutely no regrets about buying it and will be playing it a lot in the days and years to come.
PS. I have just ordered "Live at FIP" as you cannot have too muc of a good thing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Michael Wadge of Bristol, 23 Jun. 2011
Michael Wadge (Bristol England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Troubador Live (Audio CD)
I have heard Eric Bibb perform in person on several occasions, but this is the first live recording of his I have heard . This clearly proves what a great performer he is and this CD is the closest to his live performances of which I am aware. Initially, I was rather taken aback when he stopped singing "Tell Riley" and started again, but this actually added to the sense of occasion and repeated hearings have convinced me that he his still playing at the top of his form. He must have made countless CDs over the years (certainly more than the number of his Wives, now six in total!), some of which I already owned and this is undoubtedly the best of my collection of his work. Long may he continue to share his unique talent with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eric Bibb; the master, 23 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Troubador Live (Audio CD)
Superb music,., of course, and really good recording of a live performance in which EB just does what he always does regardless of what might be regarded as constraints by other performers.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, if you are an Eric Bibb fan ..., 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Troubador Live (Audio CD)
great album , if you are an Eric Bibb fan you will not be dissapointed .

4.0 out of 5 stars my first bibb album, 24 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Troubador Live (Audio CD)
across the board he is just a brilliant talent, although some tracks are not my style others hit the mark with vocal tone brilliance of a master musician, guest musicans gel with bibb. i will be buying more of mr bibbs albums. put one more fan to the list for Eric Bibb.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Feb. 2015
Great album.

Troubador Live
Troubador Live by Eric Bibb (Audio CD - 2011)