5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality paint, easy to use, covers in one coat.
Published 1 month ago by s whitworth

3.0 out of 5 stars Very sticky.
I had trouble painting a garage door with this paint. I have only sprayed Hammerite in the past and this was quite a shock trying to spread this by hand. I have no way of knowing if the paint was old, there was no date on the tin.
Published 10 months ago by Jim Robson

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality paint, easy to use, covers in one coat., 27 July 2014
This review is from: ICI 5092955 750ml Hammerite Metal Paint Hammered - Black (Automotive)
This was well packed and delivered quickly. The tin felt rather lighter than I expected it was full. I used it to give my parasol base two good coats and the two garden gates one coat each. Rubbed items down with a wire brush then painted it on. It covered items nice and thickly. Still got a good third of a tin left, will give each gate another coat tomz in case I missed anywhere. It is good paint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Just what I wanted

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the finest DIY products available, 2 Jun 2014
I inherited a nine year old rusty Suzuki destined for the scrap man. Seven years later after wire brushing and welding then painting with several coats of Hammerite it is still going strong. My garden gate has a similar tale to tell---perfection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for a motorcycle. Plenty left over, 6 Mar 2014
I chose Hammerite paint after reading mostly positive reviews and results from various motorcycle forums. I had to get something to paint my frame and a few other parts, and what I got here did the job at a fantastic price.

I bought some cheap, basically disposable brushes to slather on the paint without any issues [the paint can clog up the brush and make the bristles just one, flat 'spreader', but it works just as well]

I was able to paint the whole of the motorcycles frame, the rear fender and a few other parts and I still have about 5/8ths of a tin left.

The finish is close to what I expected visually, but I have no doubts that it will stand the rugged test of time against the elements and hey, I have more than enough to top it up!

I'm happy to answer questions on this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very sticky., 16 Nov 2013
Jim Robson (Corby, Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars ammmazzing paint, infact the best!!!!, 23 July 2014
this paint is THE BEST for metal surfaces, dries quite quickly and really updates old cast iron garden furniture :-) very pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Is what it is, 21 Aug 2014
All good got what i paid for
A bit miffed as a couple of £ cheaper just days after my order arrived

5.0 out of 5 stars they look great., 6 Aug 2014
As all hammerites it's thick to use and gates are fiddly,but,when finished,they look great.

4.0 out of 5 stars hamerite black, 10 Aug 2014
just as it says on the tin, lasts years, cheap as well much dearer on high street

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Sep 2014
IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN.