on 2 January 2014
Garmin Nuvi 3790LMT 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Bluetooth and Free Lifetime Maps and Traffic
Got the device powered-up & connected to the Garmin site. Says maps up-to date. Great, except when we tested it, a lot of recent changes not on. Contacted the Garmin support site via e-mail They were pretty responsive, and identified the problem to be that the device didn't have enough disc space for the latest full Europe mapping, which we need. The fix is the purchase of an additional 8GB flash card (£5.50). Now we have the latest mapping, the device is everything we'd hoped for. Would certainly recommend it, but obviously buy the flash card when purchasing the Sat Nav.
on 23 January 2012
it's a nice looking device with a great display and form-factor; it should be great. but i have problems with it
- erratic routing - i asked it to direct me home while on the street where i live and it gave me a route that would take 4 hours! for travelling 30 yards.
- we have average speed safety cameras on the motorway near where i live - 5 miles of the motorway is covered. They've been there for 6 months, but the Garmin service doesn't know about them.
- whenever you have to go the Garmin website,its like a trip back in time to the early 90's when websites were appalling. these guys may now how to build GPSs (I'm not sure about that yet) but they have not got a clue how to create a modern, useful website. the Tom Tom HOME service is just light-years better!!
for these reasons, I'm not sure that i'll keep this device.
on 21 January 2012
I'd read some really good reviews of this product which influenced my decision to purchase it. I've used it three times on local roads that I know well and the routing is TERRIBLE.

Every time I've used the device, it's done something stupid:
1) While driving on an elevated section of bypass road, it told me turn right ("on to Alley") when no right turn even existed.
2) Driving through town, it told me to turn right, but that road is clearly marked as "no right turn" and has been for at least the last 5 years. Had I followed the instructions, I could have ended up with points on my licence.
3) Driving along a perfectly straight road, it told me to turn left (which leads to a back road that runs parallel for about 50 metres) and then at the end of that road, to turn left again to put me back on the stretch of road I was on in the first place.

This product is faulty and dangerous - had I been using this product on roads I did not know, I could easily have ended up being involved in an accident or in trouble with the police. I've never felt the need to review a product on Amazon before, but for your own safety, don't get this sat nav.

If I could rate it zero stars, I would. I have returned it for a refund and will NEVER purchase a Garmin unit again. I've also written a letter of complaint to the manufacturer - that's how strongly I feel about this product.
on 14 February 2012
I bought this to replace a TOMTom Go 720, thinking that it must be better. How wrong I was! It looks good, but routefinding is poor, on one route I know well I tried it out and the satnav added an unnecessary 20 mile detour on to a 30 mile journey. No audible warning on exceeding the speed limit, and in general I find putting in destinations less easy than on the TOMTom. There is no facility to connect to a bluetooth headset. I gave my Tom Tom to my daughter, but am seriously thinking of getting it back and giving her this one.
on 20 February 2012
Although it took a long time to get the voice activation to work, I really like the graphics and workings of this sat nav. The instructions could be a little more detailed though
on 5 February 2012
This has to be the best purchase i have ever brought it does what it says on the tin and i would never be without great replacement for my old Garmin
on 31 July 2015
best sat nav ever
on 1 March 2012
This is my first GPS and i love it. Beautifully designed, like a chic cellphone. Has a great screen.Love all the features, speed limit, actual speed, red light camera locations, voice interaction etc.