5.0 out of 5 stars I waited over 20 years for this...
I am a big fan of this series of novels and when I was a lot younger it was great to see this adapt ion on TV. I tried ever since to purchase it and it was not available. I could not believe my luck a few weeks ago when I saw it on Amazon after so many years of looking.

Published on 19 Jun 2011 by C. Edge

3.0 out of 5 stars erm....
Interesting is what I'll say. The version I got was not brilliantly edited. All the episodes were not seamlessly put together. Instead of one episode going into the next there were title graphics then huge pauses of black screen before the next episode would start.
Apart from that its not as good as I remember but not bad though the fight sequences are quite funny...
Published on 22 Jun 2011 by adamc

5.0 out of 5 stars I waited over 20 years for this..., 19 Jun 2011
C. Edge (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brotherhood of the Rose [DVD] (DVD)

Ok the movie is now dated but it runs very true to the book, well acted and a great story that I think is similar to the Bourne series.

Cant go wrong at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brotherhood of the rose, 16 Oct 2013
I loved being able to watch this series again after so long and I really enjoyed it! my only criticism was having foreign subtitles on it

5.0 out of 5 stars for a very long time i want to see it, 6 Aug 2013
it's a very great one mini serie with very great actors, is something that have to enjoy and see more than one time for shure

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Brotherhood of the Rose [DVD] (DVD)
Remember seeing it on TV and wanted it again. Liked it then and liked it now. Very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my all time favourite series, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Brotherhood of the Rose [DVD] (DVD)
I was so happy to see this mini series on DVD . It is my absolute favourite.. I can t thank you enough. This is a highly recommended seller. It came quickly and very well packed

5.0 out of 5 stars SEARCH OVER! FOUND WHAT I SEARCHED FOR., 5 July 2011
This review is from: Brotherhood of the Rose [DVD] (DVD)
I have been looking for a reasonable priced copy of this TV series for about two years. This product has exceeded my expectations. Well presented, excellently priced. This is a must buy for any collectors of specific film memorabillia. As a collector of films featuring Robert Mitchum, this is ideal as a presentation of his work in his later years. So pleased to have purchased this product.Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping thriller, 22 April 2011
Suroor Alikhan "suroora" (Geneva, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This film was made as a television mini-series, so as an earlier reviewer says, the pacing is not as fast as a film. Which I think makes for a better story. There's time for the characters and plot to develop. Robert Mitchum plays a spy master who recruits orphans, emotionally binds them together in pairs, and trains them as spies and killers. One of a pair of spies, Remus (David Morse) is killed. His partner, Romulus (Peter Strauss) starts to search for the truth and realizes that nothing is what it seems. Excellent performances from Strauss, Mitchum and Morse.

Why hasn't this DVD had a general release? I've been looking for it for years, and finally managed to get this version. There's something you need to know about this particular version: the initial list of languages does not include English. Ignore that--all language versions lead to the English one. What does change are the subtitles. And I'm afraid there's no way of getting rid of them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Superspy Fare, 26 Feb 2011
Bearfax (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
Brotherhood of the Rose - Entire Series - 2-DVD Set

Its rather regretable that this mini series has been seemingly ignored for major release for so long. I had to get mine via a Scandanavian produced DVD with Swedish, Norse etc subtitles. However the reproduction was quite satisfactory and I still enjoyed the 3 hour jaunt despite the subtitles below.

David Morrell, the author of Brotherhood of the Rose, wrote this one as the first in a loose trilogy of books; The Fraternity of the Stone and The League of Night and Fog being the follow ups and Saul his main character continues on through the series with his Mossad trained female partner. His characters are always the cream of the spy fraterity, almost superheroes but remaining mortal with the peak of fitness and training and all with ambiguous moral codes given many are highly trained assassins. His most famous character of this type was Rambo, and his First Blood novel remains one of the best of its type. His characters also tend to be loners, and those who have close associates, tend to have them with similarly outstanding qualities. I would encourage those interested to get hold of the books which are very readable and fast moving....he knows how to write a good adventure/thriller story. Other books of his to look out for are Testament, Last Reveille, The Totem and Blood Oath to name a few.

The made for TV mini series stars three fine lead actors in Peter Strauss and David Morse as the two superspy assassins, code named Romulus and Remus and Robert Mitchem as their Spymaster/surrogate father. They are well supported by Connie Sellecca as Saul's (Romulus) Mossad spy chief ex girlfriend. Its good story telling ranging all over the world including towards the end in New Zealand as the complicated spy mechinations and betrayals are revealed.

It is however important to remember that this is a made for TV mini series and therefore does not have the fast pace of a James Bond or Bourne Identity movie. Its fight scenes are also not in the same league (not even close)to those spy films and may be quite tame for some. But the mini series holds together well because of good scripting, story telling, editing and pacing with a group of actors who do a proficient job.

This is not the greatest production around but its entertaining enough to keep you interested until the end. I personally like it and wish that some others of Morrell's books were transferred to the screen, especially the other two of the trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Nov 2014
v /good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Nov 2014
Auguste Luys "DVDMAN" (OSTEND ,BELGIUM) - See all my reviews
OK

Brotherhood of the Rose [DVD]
Brotherhood of the Rose [DVD] by Marvin J. Chomsky (DVD - 2011)
Used & New from: £11.15