5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you'd expect
Published on 7 Jan 2012 by Andy Macaulay

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with Eye-Fi cards
Published on 16 April 2011 by Mr. P. Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you'd expect, 7 Jan 2012
Item arrived promptly, allows me to store pictures taken on my digital slr camera (which has a CF slot). I can then pop the micro SD card into an SD adapter and save them on my tablet pc for further manipulation or emailing. Handy when out and about and solves the issue of different devices taking different cards. Removes the need for my desktop pc to transfer images from one device to the other.

5.0 out of 5 stars SD to Compact Flash Adapter that supports WiFi enabled SD, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter (Personal Computers)
I was looking for an SD to Compact Flash adapter that supported WiFi SD cards. The intention was to use the EyeFi SD card in a Canon EOS 30D which only takes compact flash cards. The Amazon page didn't say too much, but I found a YouTube video of this combo working so took a punt.

It works well, the EyeFi doesn't care that it is an Compact Flash adapter and the camera is totally unaware. So, in short, this product does exactly what it says on the tin.

Charles

5.0 out of 5 stars canon 400d must have !., 4 July 2013
A. V. Bourn (london) - See all my reviews
I own a canon 400D camera, and this device is a must have if you want to use the more modern SD cards, and it does the job just fine with no problems at all. I read all sorts of stuff on the net, and reviews on you-tube, but at the end of the day I find it to be a perfect solution .

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with Eye-Fi cards, 16 April 2011
Mr. P. Simon (Jersey) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these so I could use my 3 Eyefi Pro cards in My Canon 7D. The adaptors work well but the ones I recieved (from KOMPBAY) were not as pictured. (See my uploaded pics) I wanted the 'Extreme' ones as they have been reported by others as working best for the Eyefi cards. I was a bit annoyed but in fairness the adaptors I recieved work with the Eyefi cards and although I have only done a quick test they seem to be fine. A little off topic but if you want to use the Eyefi cards in any CF adaptor you need the older 'Pro' version not the 'Pro X2' as the newer cards dont work with adaptors. I think the other older non 'pro' versions work too but you cant use ad-hoc connections. (eg direct from camera to laptop/ipad rather than via a network router) It might be that the packaging has just changed but the ones I got did not report to be 'extreme' although they work fine. My only issue is I could have saved money by buying another generic adaptor but I paid more because I wanted this specific type that came well recommended. But I didnt get what I ordered :-( The versions I did get however also work with my Eyefi cards so I suppose its not too much of a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 13 Aug 2013
D. Lockwood (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Rather than buying a whole load of CF cards I can use this with my existing SD cards, I've not noticed any slowdown in speeds on the camera.

The only thing that stops the product getting 5 stars is that you have to remove the adaptor to remove the SD card, which is probably a minor niggle!

Product was delivered quickly too, pretty good service all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 16 May 2013
A. Harcombe - See all my reviews
One of the few downsides of my Canon 7D is that it needs expensive CF memory cards. With ever increasing file sizes and the number of pics and video taken, purchasing high-capacity CF cards was becoming very expensive.
This little gadget allows you to pop an SD card into an adapter that then fits in a regular CF card slot.
It's simple to use, it works and it's more than halved my expense on CF cards.
I had read that these adaptors don't work at very high data transfer speeds but I have not had an issue with shooting pics or video with Sandisk Ultra SD cards. Admitedly, I've not shot continuous, HD video for an hour nor high-speed stills on RAW at 9fps for extended periods. However, for your everyday photography and video shooting, this little gadget works a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I wanted but didn't know it, 11 Dec 2013
So you think, wouldn't it be nice to send your photos all over the place without wires but the shiny new cameras that do that you can't justify?
I have a relatively old Canon EOS350D. It takes CF cards. There are Eye-fi cards but they are SD and my Canon doesn't take SD cards.
This Komputerbay Adapter solves all those problems.It fits into my camera. It takes an Eye-fi SD card in its slot. My camera becomes Wifi enabled. It works well.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but..., 14 Aug 2013
The service from the supplier was faultless and the price of the SD to CF adapter was competitive.

Unfortunately the actual design of the adapter is flawed. The adapter is slightly thicker than the CF card it replaced in my old Canon Eos. It is therefore very hard to remove. The SD card fits in the side of the adapter and thus cannot be removed without taking the whole adapter out. The adapter is so hard to take out that I have stopped using it. This is a pity for it is such a good concept.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Eye-Fi, 19 Mar 2013
I use this adapter to put an Eye-Fi SD card in my canon SLR. When I shoot RAW plus JPEG the Jpeg is immediately transferred to my phone or tablet ... Magic!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 5 Mar 2013
S. Mitchell - See all my reviews
Good price, fast delivery and allows the use of eye-fi sd cards with my 5D mark 2. Good product and satisfied customer.