on 11 May 2011
For the money you can't go wrong! Also it is useful that there are 6 in the pack - which I definitely benefited from! The first thing I did when I got my new Ipad 2 yesterday was protect the screen with one of these covers. I did it wrong on my first attempt. I placed the screen protector on the screen without using the card to get rid of any bubbles as I went. Due to my bad application I couldn't get rid of all the bubbles. So I threw away the first cover I used.
So - how to do it right! The first thing you should do is punch out the two circles in the screen protector where the camera and button would be. Then remove the layer you are told to remove before application. Make sure there is no dust or anything on the screen. Then start at the bottom of the Ipad 2 where the button is as if you place it correctly around the button, the rest of it will be in the correct place. So starting at the bottom, stick the cover onto the screen, going in an upwards direction, using the small installation card as you go to flatten out the bubbles as you place the screen protector on the ipad working upwards. I would then get rid of any remaining bubbles before removing the layer that must be removed after application. After removing this final layer, a few more bubbles may be created. These can then be removed easily with the installation card. Once it is on, you don't notice it being there and doesn't affect screen sensitivity one bit! Excellent product - any problems you have with it are probably the result of your own bad application!
22 comments|153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2010
Frankly, it's a good product at a very good price. Yes, you need to be sure that there's no dust on the screen before applying (that's why there's a cloth included), and although it took me two attempts, it was worth doing. The air bubbles (what few there are) are easily removed using the card that's included in the pack and having six protectors - OK, four now because I had one practice and used one - should last me until the phone contract is up for renewal. A bit of care in applying it and it's a great protector. It even has a cut out for the front facing camera. I'd definitely buy this again! At this price, and bearing in mind there are six in the pack, one can't go wrong!
on 17 July 2011
When I bought my iPad my first concern was protecting the screen!

I bought a pack from a local shop, not the cheapy ones but not the expensive ones, got them home, followed the instructions to the letter and just ended up with a big sticky, bubble filled screen, even had a second attempt in case it was me but no definitely an inferior product.

The pack contained a sticky film with a pull off sheet which you had to peel back and then apply to the screen pushing out the bubbles as you went along. I noticed that there was a few marks and scratches already on the film that was stuck to the screen, due to no protective cover on the front of the film and also from where I had to hold corners and try to reposition which wasn't easy!

I then saw these on Amazon, i took a look at similar products and after googling a few products and looking at descriptions, pack contents and reviews I decided on these.

I am so glad I did! They did exactly what they said they would.

The sheets were double protected with a protective cover on the front of the screen film and a protective cover on the back also. The covers stopped scratches or marks affecting the film sandwiched between the two covers. There was a cardboard screen wiper to get the bubbles out included in the pack and good, clear instructions.

Cleaned off my screen, getting rid of the sticky mess left over from the previous attempts.

Positioned the film in the right place so that when I peeled off the backing cover the film would be in the right place.

By the way these can be repositioned very easily! This enables you to get the edge of the film in exactly the right place so the film when stuck on fits the screen exactly where it's meant to.

As I peeled back the back cover I used the included cardboard wiper device to get rid of the bubbles and kept going until I got to the end.

With the front protective cover removed not a scratch, fingerprint, mark or bubble in sight!

The end result was just perfect!

This product is easy to use, has good instructions and includes everything you need to do the job right.

Best of all it WORKS FIRST TIME!!

I have a few spares left in the pack, not to sure when I will be using them as the first one is still stuck on, no edges peeling away etc but it does give you some confidence knowing if something did go wrong you have some more to hand.

For the price, the quality and the quantity you get, you just can't go wrong!!

Highly Recommended!!
on 14 September 2011
Another great buy, to protect my iPhone 4 screen. Great value for money. Easy to apply on screen. Thank u. Defo for recomondation to others.
on 18 May 2012
It is shocking how so many people rated the product as 4 or 5 stars.
Granted that the application was not too difficult, did it with one piece.

Here're the problems I faced with this screen protector:
The protector is not smooth at all, so much so that you feel a little burning sensation when you swipe your finger/fingers on it after awhile.
Stains and fingerprint marks are very difficult to clean off, making the ipad look dirty
There is uneven "coating" on the screen protector where I believe some of the "anti-glare" coating has been eroded.

I would have returned the item but unfortunately I've used one screen protector..

Very dissatisfied with the item.
on 18 September 2011
i was expecting massive problems making this product 'bubble proof' after reading the reviews here and also given the trouble I had with my last (different make) of screen protector. As it turned out it went on first time, cleanly, bubble-less... great. It took about 5 minutes to carefully place and then wipe down to avoid problems, but I was very pleased and surprised with the result - thought I would have to sacrifice a few before getting it right !
As a previous reviewer has noted - better to use a glasses wipe rather than the wipe they provide in the pack which does the job better, but overall very pleased with teh result and the price.... highly recommended.
on 13 September 2011
I am a crap DIY person and the first to admit that I am impatient especially with "Fiddly" things,
but this product works v-easily,I suspected that as there was six screen protectors that one would use some as practise as some other reviewers had indicated but this is hogwash, just follow the instructions and with a little patience it applies easily. NOTE if you expect 100% perfection forget it as it is probably not possible to remove the [odd] tiny bubble but when the i-pad is on these are hardly visible.
ps. I applied mine first go.
on 5 August 2012
Retuned for refund as these are not anti glare. But if you want a good quality clear protector you can't go wrong with these
on 1 February 2013
This screen protector was very easy to fit to a new ipad mini, and it gives it a very clear protected screen at a much lower cost than buying from some major electrical chain stores. Would buy the same again for other devices.
on 26 September 2012
I brought these screen for protectors whilst waiting for my new iPad arrive. Once applied to the iPad, the protector is good, I haven't notice much glare but I wouldn't describe it as anti glare. I really just wanted something to protect my iPad from scratches as these protectors are adequate.
However I only give 3 stars because although you get 6 protectors in a pack, the first protector applied had a noticeable scratch across the front as soon as I peeled the 2nd tab away, the next protector I tried had some tiny bits stuck to the sticky side before I even peeled the backing off and the 3rd protector I used had a split where the camera hole is. I applied the 4th protector and have deicided to leave that one on even though it had a crease in it which has left a bubble which cannot be pressed out.
I also found the screen cloth put more tiny fibres on the screen than it took off.
As for the actual application of the protector, it is no different to other protectors. Make sure sure the screen is as clean as possible and try not to touch the sticky surface. I find peeling a 1/4 of the backing away first and sticking part of the protector down before using the palm of your hand to push and flatten out the protector whilst your other hand pulls away the rest of the backing as you go. That was you get minimal bubbles and it goes on fairly straight, assuming you lined up the top ok. The tabs would have been better at the bottom of the protector so that you could start with the iPad button, meaning you could line it up easier.